Will there be an NA PSN release?

Peffse

I've seen that foreign PSN markets have the three PS1 Armored Core games available as PSOne Classics.

Was there any word on a United States PSN release?

EDIT: I take that back... it's a PS3 only release and not the PS3/PSP Classics type.

Edited by Peffse

• 2 months later...
It'd be fun to play the originals again. hell, they could even just make portable versions of the games like they did with AC3 and the rest. Update the graphics and throw in some extras that the original games didn't have just to entice people to pick them up. Though I'd pick them up anyway...

I'm glad I still have my original copies.

They won't, no matter what.

The motto for Sony America is "If it needs dual sticks, then it can't be ported to the PSP, and then we look bad, so no good PS1 games that require dual sticks are allowed on the PSN."

They won't, no matter what.

The motto for Sony America is "If it needs dual sticks, then it can't be ported to the PSP, and then we look bad, so no good PS1 games that require dual sticks are allowed on the PSN."

...Are you fucking new here? AC1 came out before PS1 controllers even had dual sticks, and consequently, the game didn't support dual stick control schemes until it went to the PS2.

...Oh, wait, it still didn't get dual stick support until the fifth release on the PS2, which makes you all the more retarded for failing to take this into account. It was technically possible to rig up MoA to play with dual analog controls by some unconventional means that I really can't recall, but I digress. Above and beyond all this, three PS2-era AC games have been ported to the PSP already (one of which all but demands dual analog), which is a clear indicator that any of the PS1 games should play just fine on it. Bravo, Magnus. You'd think that someone who dedicates the majority of his time not-having-sex would at least be good at what he does as a corollary.

inb4 umad, inb4 lame image macro. I'd inb4 unfunny comebacks and contrived attempts at wit, but at that point, I'm not even leaving you anything to work with.

I don't have to make any witty comebacks over your head.

You make it obvious that you've never been on the Japanese PSN store, yet are trying to make a point involving it without having been there. I think I'll let your inexperience talk for itself.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, that might just be relevant if your argument in its entirety wasn't centered on PSP support and PSX AC's reliance on dual analogs. You claimed that AC1-era would never get ported because it requires the use of dual analogs (implicitly, anyway). I pointed out that this obviously isn't an issue when you consider that 1) AC1 predates dual analog and 2) Last Raven was ported to the PSP, despite being a game with a dual analog control scheme by default. QED, dual analog support has nothing to do with it and you're dumb.

P.S. I said lame and unfunny comebacks, sweet pea. When you say something genuinely witty for any point or purpose, I'll know your account has been jacked.

LRp truthfully isn't too bad once you move the control scheme around and use something really fucked up and counter-intuitive. It controls fine there, just... Not with any of the default controls. Of course, AC3 played fine as long as you're using a blade, and I've played AC1 on my PSP by the same means. The PSP maps L2 and R2 to the analog stick when you're not using it, so by default, you can use that to look up. Personally, I just mapped blade and weapon switch to the analog and used triangle/circle to look up, a la AC3p, but that's just me. Even still, I'm pretty sure you can choose to switch between the analog or the D-pad for proprietary movement in the PSP HUD, with the other being used for the extra buttons, though it's been awhile.

What I'm really getting at here is that dual analog support has nothing to do with Sony of America's refusal to put AC1 and its expansions up on the store, it's AC1's jarring unpopularity. Point-blank, no one gives a shit about it, not enough to warrant putting it on the market again.

Edited by Altaire

• 10 months later...
I doubt you'd find them; PS1 games are usually only at pawn shops. Buying online would be more expensive, so you're either emulating or waiting at this point.

I saw a one of the two discs of MoA at Pawn America, a miserable sight. I'm missing AC1 and ACPP but I own MoA, Anyways I'd primarily be interested in PSN AC releases if they incorporated online play. What I truly wish for is a PSN release of PS2 titles that would incorporate online play.

• 2 months later...

My ps3 is the ''fat one'' and i can play all my previous titles on it PS1 and PS2.. :)

I also transfered all my AC saves on my ps3.. :P :P

I guess i m a lucky one still (no Yellow led of death yet :) )

hopefully it will never comes.. :D

Edited by z89x23

I had one of those. Lasted forever. Had to fix YLOD twice, but ran fine then suddenly something else broke and I had to retire the thing.

sorry to hear that.. how long did it last ? i have one for spare parts just in case.. :)

mine is from 2007.. still going :)