Battlefield 3

Mom

I'm a big time advocate of the bad company series, and the ingame teaser footage of this gem look solid as hell, potentially crysis solid. Bad Company series already implements some very advanced shaders that stress a computer nearly as much as crysis, and these look even better. That said I doubt what's in the trailer will make it to console gaming.

I might be trading in my killzone3 which I don't have yet for this soon enough.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It's something you get used to. I remember playing a whole lot of black ops and going back to bc2, and I thought it was sluggish as hell. I played a couple weeks straight of bc2 and went back to black ops and I couldn't take my usual sensitivity of 3.

Yeah fair enough. Cod has solid mechanics and feel to it, but at times it can get pretty bare bones compared to Battlefield.

Battlefield-- to me-- has much more opportunity for lots of different grand moments and scenarios, because it offers so much to the player and team.

I like it as well because the audio is way better as well. Even though battlefield isn't quite geared towards sound whoring as say modern warfare 2 was, the quality and positioning accuracy of the audio is way better.

My only real issue, I can get used to controls, is the fact that I felt like the gameplay had no real structure to it. Just felt like a bunch of random stuff and you just needed to find a thing or two that you liked doing and go do it.

So while I get that in Battlefield you do have very clear objectives, you don't necessarily have to be doing anything that directly contributes to that objective. a

In Cod/Gears/Halo things are far more concrete and I guess that's just something I like having.

However, I am willing to play the shit out of Battlefield 3 instead of Call of Duty because of my two favorite words in gaming:

DEDICATED SERVERS

Well for me bad company 2 with its dedicated servers lagged worse than cod black ops. Then again my connection's weird-- I'm always the one with the complete opposite experience in gaming (treyarch games lagging less than infinity ward games another example)

I think it had something to do with me and bato always playing on european servers. It was rare, but whenever we found an american room, you could tell it was an american room. Instead of putting half a second's worth of bullets into a guy and then dropping as soon as he aims at you, it felt as if you could do the opposite and drop guys who already had their sights on you, and come away with no damage.

Battlefield is a bit more free in what you can do compared to cod I guess. The maps are bigger and the roles differ. Snipers can camp out wherever they want to and play their own game-- contributing to the team or not. While Some people just like to flank all day and get into the attacker's base as a defender and C4 their vehicles. It's a bit more open world with more possibilities.