Muay Thai

Neko Arc Chaos

Honestly that fight was boring to me. Not to be a jerk cuz they seem to be just kids but I didn't really enjoy it too much.

Those gloves look hilariously large on them. What's the weight on em?

105 I think cuz those two are about 13 when I last checked.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I want to harden my shins up, cuz I can kick like a mule but it's not from martial arts, just having big muscly legs.

What's the standard Muai Thai training device to harden shins? is it really just rubbing bamboo sticks up and down your shin till the nerves are dead?

I wanna do alittle Muai Thai / Savate kickboxing learnin.

Edited by DangerWorldWide

I dunno about for kickboxing type stuff but I know those dudes that punch through 8 cinderblocks and blocks of ice just punch so much that the bones in their hands break a little. Since bones get denser after they heal from a break, if you keep rebreaking them you basically get bones like a god.

Kick anything. Hell, just get a heavy bag and kick the shit out of it. Once you're used to that consider kicking something more substantial...although that's kind of tricky to find in the US. I worked with a bag, myself, and then I started hitting trees. I never got my shins as hard as a Thai boxer but the they were hard enough to fuck people up so I guess that's enough.

That being said, Muay Thai did a ton of damage to my body. More damage than anyone I put in the hospital with said MT ever did.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hoost's strengths were his boxing, leg kicks, liver shots of variety, and head kicks.

Elbows aren't legal in K-1, so most Dutch kickboxers don't really use them; why you never see Overeem hammering dudes in MMA with bows, although he should totally use them with his massive upper body strength.

Knee's are not too big either in K-1 as two-handed clinches are illegal, mainly because of guys like Overeem and Buakaw.

That's why I think it's funny that there's so many people who think Dos Santos can just walk through Overeem because the Reem has been knocked out.

Dos Santos has never been hit by a guy like Ubereem, and even as good as Dos Santos' Muay Thai is, I don't think he can take his knees.

Well, he's cardio is still unseen being great, he looked world's better fighting Lesnar and he came in injured as was visible post-fight by his limp.

I'm surprised Greg Jackson hasn't tried to pick him up, granted Ubereem has kept his camp, he's just moved from Golden Glory to Xtreme Couture.

JDS also has to be worried about Overeem's submission game, which is as far as my opinion goes, is better.

I think it's Overeem's fight to win/lose, he can maintain distance against JDS, and chew his legs up from the outside, and clinch up if he tries to get close and make him pay with knees. He's certainly not going to have to be worried about getting taken down by JDS, so that really means JDS is going to have all sorts of problems.