Thundercats

Magnus

I feel like this series is gonna have a lot of 'moral of the story's. I don't care, though, because it's impressively well written.

I enjoyed the relationship between Emerick and Liono, to the point that his ending made me frown hard when he finally died. And there were some cool tracking lizards, who probably died completely even though they completely rolled the Thundercats on their own. And after the moral of the story was some wooping going left and right.

And then when they're losing, out of fucking nowhere the tank that was in the old show always driven by that nunchuck wielding badass, fucking Panthro wrecks an entire artillery and militia. And I was started to really think he really WAS dead, making this revelation and asswooping all the more amazing that made me as giddy as a schoolgirl.

It was awesome.

He wasn't as dead as the one tooth wonder thought he was, apparently. And had time to understand technology for himself like the lizards did and made a tank. It has been weeks since the Thundercats kingdom was burned down, so he had time.

How did he do that while he was dead?

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2064/160fulltheprincessbride.jpg

He was only mostly dead.

But yeah, unexpectedly powerful for just the 3rd episode. Things are looking pretty good for this show. Godspeed, you badass pikmin.

It's been solid animation. America has learned to make good American anime, that we must outsource to Korea or other countries. I feel like it's been a solid 30 fps, if not more.

Not at all like Avatar's one frame per second.

Edited by Obscure

Primarily a flashback episode of how Groon became evil, and what happened to Panthro sorta. Groon went mad with wanting to be the king, and found the alternative: Mumm-Ra. Or he found him, sort've.

Anyway, Liono has grown a shoulder pad suddenly, which is odd because it wasn't there. And Panthro doesn't need a tank, he is a god damn tank. He's huge. Gigantic. His nunchucks are two lead pipes attached by a heavy industrial chain. And I have to applaud the animation, they really made it look fucking heavy while swinging it, as well as Groon's mace.

All in all a boring episode besides the flashback and Panthro making a lizard pile, and old cheesey sound effects. But still very well done.

Tonight's episode was a little sad.

The group had already found the Book of Omens, everyone showed off their abilities in and out of combat, and Mumm-Ra made the scene in his true form, as well as a little flash of history of him working with the Thundercats to get the War Stone (Eye of Thundara) from another planet entirely, didn't show what race they were destroying.

Ultimately, Mumm-Ra started to rape Liono on the floor until Jagga, conveniently nearby because he was beaconing for Mumm-Ra forcefully, exploded the lantern with himself in it to create a turbo light and scared Mumm-Ra away entirely. After the light faded, I'm unsure why he didn't return.

And then they took the Book of Omens.

And it was blank.

This show is good at plot twists, seriously.

Tonight's was amazing!

Another flashback episode. The adventures of Leo, Mumm-Ra's general when Mumm-Ra's pyramid was a space pyramid in space.

This has become a lot more deep than the original. All the varying species were more than just a creative choice, they're also a large plot device. Thousands were captured and used as slaves on the space pyramid to fight Mumm-Ra's battles for him. And now there's more stones than just the Eye of Thundara. Not named yet, though. And they turn Mumm-Ra and Leo into Beetleborgs.

Who then proceed to swordfight in space.

Best line of the show: I'm gonna die... But at least I have a girlfriend!

• 2 weeks later...

Season is over. And it didn't end with that epic space fight either.

Ended with that side story about Liono fighting The Duelist who just took the best swords from across the land for himself. Didn't even talk much about it after I came out. It was neat, but it was nothing worth posting about.

Until I realized it was the last show of a season.