Thundercats

Magnus

Is it just me, or does this not even look that different? I mean, I haven't seen the original show in a long time, but probably about half the still frames you could extract from that video I could have mistaken for the original series, or any random generic "1980's/1990's animation standard." I don't know, maybe that's what they were going for, haha. But it seems kind of pointless to have 'make it not look like shit' be the goal, and then mimic the original look, not just the original story.

On the other hand, the cats themselves all emphatically look like shit, except maybe the tiger guy. Maybe they designed them first and were like, well crap, we suck, let's take everything else from the old series.

Lionguy's new voice just doesn't cut it if you ask me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lion-O's a kid, Tigra is his brother, Cheetarah is Jagga's apprentice, Jagga is incinerated, Panthro is dead, the twins are missing, the Thundercats kingdom was made out to be the evil empire that horded and wasted food, and the empire was destroyed, meaning the show is gonna be about wandering.

And Snarf is a pokemon.

I'm okay with this.

For those who missed the first episode and second episode, the kingdom of Thundercats was made out to be the bad guys constantly oppressing any and all other species, Panthro is dead, the Thundercats kingdom was destroyed, Jagga was captured, and the show will be about roaming towards the Book of Omens.