AC4 Tournament Ladder

Exorcet

Basically an interest gauging thread for a series of linked AC4 tournaments over the summer. Final ranking would be based on overall performance in the individual tournaments, which may each have different rules.

This also gives me time to bombard those random people who show up and don't play with 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 messages per day until they show up, for better or worse.

Also, if you happened to buy AC4 just for this (which is probably -$3 right now), you'd get a whole summer out of it. Plus, there is a 100% game save on this site so you won't have to bother with unlocking parts.

a list of participants:

Exorcet

LS

Ren

Griffon

SZero

Vincent210

faust

LH

Tournament 1

Tuesday June 7 2011 - 8 PM EST

Enemy/Company Standard AC's only, no modifications

Rules

-Enemy/Company AC's only, duplicates allowed - no modifications allowed

-Best of 3

-10 minutes per match

-Maps TBD

-Other TBD

Edited by Exorcet

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did not mention this in chat. D: You know I don't read the forums, haha.

I'd be up for that, of course. They will probably be a week or so of no computer land, which is also no PS3 land and no internet land (the name has become somewhat outdated, since I have a laptop now, but the gist reminds comprehensible), at some point, as usual, but apart from that I could probably do all of them.

We should do a tournament with only AI ACs allowed, haha. And more retarded format rules like in the last tourney. That was great fun.

And of course one or two where we play it straight too.

• 4 weeks later...

People must reply more.

Ideas for the first tournament

Regular ("serious", no bans)

Starter/modified starter tournament

Mid tier tournament (ban the top 3 gens, ban POLARIS, possibly other stuff)

Corporate AC/Enemy AC tournament

NEW - ACDC tournament, from May ACDC

Vote and/or suggest ideas.

Edited by Exorcet

Added new category for tournaments.

If PSN is down when I start this we might have to try Kai. I kind of curious to have a KAI tournament.

Also, I'm thinking first tournament will be sometime in June. Anyone have time periods where they won't be available? August might be an issue for me.

Unexpected participants are making me want to go with a serious tournament for the opener, but it's up to you. Vote. At this point, it looks like whoever votes is likely to win, since no one else will probably.

I'd like to join, but I am pretty sure my schedule will cut me down to the later hours of most of June. So depending on your time zone(s) I do not know whether I can participate.

Also, If I had to vote for one of those possible tournaments, I would say Company/Enemy without a second thought. If I was allowed to vote for my own I would love a Hi-Laser competition.

EDIT: Got a bot or two ready if you're just going to go all srs bsns with a no part ban game. However since I could not find my own save anywhere I used Exor's downloadable and am stuck with his name on everything (which I forget how to change, if it is possible to change.)

Edited by Vincent210

Yeah they usually happen late so you should be fine.

I kind of want to move the first tournament up to May, but my schedule is still uncertain. We could do sparing matches or something though.

Also a list of potential participants:

Exorcet

LS

Ren

Griffon

SZero

Vincent210

List of no reply, but I'll probably drag them in anyway:

faust

List of people who I'll try to drag in, but won't show up:

ACDC

its not my fault there was a storm and my power went out

Yes it is, what are the chances of a storm happening on the day I had my AC4 torunament?

1/the number of days ever

CLEARLY this absense was orchestrated.

Also, now your conscience will bother you until you join a tournament.

Any votes besides Company AC?

http://i52.tinypic.com/287km55.png

But it won't be soon!

The spacing was totally unnecessary on that last post. I'm trapped on a PS3 browser, mercy if you would.

Also, I is need practice still, when can I gets dem sparring matches? Blatant call to arms toward any of you with spare time atm.

The spacing was totally unnecessary on that last post. I'm trapped on a PS3 browser, mercy if you would.

Also, I is need practice still, when can I gets dem sparring matches? Blatant call to arms toward any of you with spare time atm.

Fine no more spacing. I will have access to PS3 within 48 hours.

By the way, can someone message faust (PSN - Chodimus-Maximus) on PSN and tell him about this? I'm pretty sure that he would want to be in it.

Edited by Exorcet