YOUR combat style!

Malice

Alright Ravens, after reading the forums, listening to other people talk about it from the internet and the various gaming consoles, I have decided to make this thread. If you are only reading this just to mouth off at someone else...Don't.

This is for actual pilot to pilot experience; not a rant on how much you hate this one person or this one style or even this one or set of weapons. Keep that shit out of my thread and out of the respective eyes and mouths of those who just want to say "Hey, this is my style, this is my personal favourite set up or boost, or frame and why."

Not that hard right? Right!

Now... Hello Ravens, I am Malice. My style is CQC (Close Quarters Combat) to the occasional MQC (Medium Quarters Combat). I do not really have a specific weapon combination but I do prefer fast firing rifles, my laser blade and my cannons, traverse zomg ;) . My favourite frames are; AALIYAH, LAHIRE, WHITE GLINT, and ALICIA.

My combat style is volitile in its aggressiveness, if you can beat me back and keep me at a distance I will OB under your feet, quick turn (which I am very known for, quick turn blade their neck Zomg!)and hit you from any angle I can get. I refuse to use AA with my blades because I believe respectively it takes away the Feeling...Of going out there with just your blade, and causing absolute mayhem, dodging thousans of bullets and missiles while trying to keep your lock on your target....its a rush I never let go of. My favourite mission...Occupy Arteria Carpals 1,000,000... 6 on 2 for the Fucking WIN baby!!!

I have a few stories to tell concerning my combat style and the old Pro's that roam the PS3. When I came onto the FA scene (two weeks before last years christmas) I showed up with a gasping 172 FRS points. My first FA opponent....A Quad from the ROC on the PS3...I tell you this... chasing down one of those in a 1.20 playing on a 1.40...Only hit 'em once.

Next opponent, we simply call him Nades...This guy is sturdier than the damn Great Wall in its day, and his accuracy isn't one to laugh at. I started taking lahire seriously and strapped blades onto it...Needless to say, I learned real fast...Stick to one, two weighs you down, adds coverage only if your not certain of your blade strikes and...It drains the Shit out of you.

I''ll send more stories and what not later, now it is time for the rest of you to throw out your knowledge, and NOT your assholes ;) ;)

Edited by Malice

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My style has always been centered around the theory that you cannot beat what you cannot hit. Therefore I always aim to build precision ACs and precision/percentage gameplay. Most of my ACs allow me to fade in and out of combat range to try and strike and then retreat, hopefully before my opponent places too much hurt on me. I pretty much prefer to joust nowadays, or sit back and pick opponents off from range.

With the above strategy in mind, my preferred weapons are rail guns, with PITONE from 1.00 FA probably solidifying my current style. My 1.00 staple employed PITONE, POPLAR and NEMAHA - nothing more. These weapons allowed me to joust and pick apart opponents with amazing efficiency. Since then both weapons have received nerfs (understandably), but my current staple still uses the same principles.

Aside from that, anyone who has followed my designs from the old ACO would know that I hate excess on designs. I rarely fill all my weapon slots, and aim for simplicity, form and function in my ACs. That is why in AC4 and FA I have a select few designs.

Dark_MX

I go CQC-MQC

I like laser zook, its pretty boss, Lahire frame is my main,WG is good for MW and I use Raiden for HW, I use linstant gen, epic I know, thats because I like using AA, I hate people who OB just to generate lag and then go lol idk what u talkin about.

I dont lose any time like I did before and dont dodge missiles anymore, just rush on them and beat the crap out of every single one, no need to waste your time dodging when you can use it to kick you opponents ass.

A story?

well I remember this one time when I went online with an unarmed sobrero, I had only AA equipped, I bet the guy must been new because he was using gatling.

Surprisingly I won.

Any range, any combo, anywhere and any time, baby. ;)

Joking aside, my favorite is Close to Mid range combat with heavy emphasis on angle control and aerial maneuvering. This allows me to use pretty much everything since most weapons with the exception of a few perform well if not better in close or mid range battles. Shotguns, Machine Guns, Grenades, Snipers, Rails, Missiles, Lasers, you name it, I've probably killed someone somewhere down the line with it (except for Assault Cannon, that shit is trash). Frames, I'll use what ever strikes my fancy. Recently I've gotten into the habit of designing things for looks, which, given the way I usually test and finalize designs is a bit of a bitch, lol.

When AC was AC, I built high aggression and mid-range light/featherweights and played accordingly. AC4-fA(ggotry), I favor range and angle control RJ designs and old school lights.

Story? And this one time at Core camp I was faster than the other guy and won.

My combat style hasn't really changed from AC game to AC game. I tend to play a high agressive lots of heavy weapons on a medium to light frame with speed over defense. That usually gives me a hit and run style and if the fight drags on I've usually lost the fight.

Sadly, right now I'm drawing a blank on any interesting stories. ;)

Here's my playstyle and LCC's playstyle and an interesting story all in one.

Niji's View: LR PvP @ Born City

LCC's View: LR PvP @ Born City

Yah, I know. The video is dark. I could care less. Just think of it as a horror/action film.

Also, these are the AC's I use: >Niji's LR Garage

I pretty much use OB. A lot. That's really my only defining trait. I don't specifically rush people down, nor do I play keep away exclusively. I don't prefer any one weapon over any other or much of anything else. I use any style of AC, but my favorites are Bipedals of all kinds, Light Hovers, and Heavy Tanks. Now don't get me wrong, I don't dislike RJ's and Quads, I just don't prefer them over the others.

I'm an Energy user. Bullets stink.

Laser Rifles, Laser Cannons, Hi-Laser Cannons are my domain.

Due to my heavy emphasis on energy weapons, I'm a hit-and-run fighter. A lot of Jousting and when the opportune moment arises, BAM. Lasers in your face. Or back. ;)

Then I flee for my life.

I stick to Machine guns and solid rounds, prefering to keep it Mid-weight to light-weight.

I mess around with energy weapons here and there too.

Basically, In AC4 I QB a lot and use OB to get in close sometimes. Feels like a complicated question to answer. Basicly I like to get in close and pepper you with a Machine gun and Assault rifle.

In the case of older AC games, I run around a lot and boost here and there to dodge.

Horrible post, no?

Oh yes story, I was playing one day with two fellows, I was running a Quad prototype because I was trying something new. The battle was pretty fun 3 way. I got hit by a grenade and got stunned. This lead to a nice view of my head being struck by a blade. K.O.

And who says blades are useless?

Edited by Adonael

Mobility and offensive firepower. Been the approach pretty much since SL. That said I dig the quads and light mid frames, almost all of them have one cannon (and most of those are generally sniper cannons). My favorite combo at this time is probably Becrux/49ANSC, though I'm still fond of Altair/49ANSC, and Raiden/49ANSC. Used to AA a bit, bigger fan of standard OB now. I'm stupid enough to use Aliya/Aliya/Lahire (or Aliya/Lahire/Lahire) on the majority of my frames) while workin a small generator. As for combat style, I like mid range, but I like to be able to change my position on a whim (hence the booster setup). If someone has MG/shotgun or the like, I'm backpedaling, if someone's got railcannons, I'll get closer and kill you that way, if I see three at you coming at me, I'm running like a bitch.

Story? I made Iron Maiden back in 1.2 (360 at least), and she's spawned a thousand knockoffs since then. I also made Ethos, a special quad named after a very *special* member from old ACO.

I use all types of designs, but the ones I use the most are heavy-mids and heavies of all kinds. I usually go for omni-range weapon setups. Rifles, sniper rifles, lasers, shotguns, railguns, sniper cannons and missiles. I try to use everything that works. I also use plasma weapons with cover oriented designs.

Mid-range is my preference, but I'm comfy in them all. I try not to backpedal too much, but I will if someone is boosting straight towards me with something like Eklakh + Kamal. I use cover when I can, especially with heavier designs.

Yay, story. Back on ACO before it went kablooie, noob (AKA Clint, ACDC, INSANE-O-FLEX etc etc) ran a Special Olympics tournament which had blading rules. As a joke, he said that if the final match was a draw, he would be the winner of the tournament. So me and Hyde slash each other in the final round at the same time and get the draw. noob literally claimed the win. Lol.

I bladed against Hyde a while back when I was still learning the stuff and Holy shit....I got pwned by AALIYAH the good old fashioned way and I loved it. What can I say? Sadist in aggression and machochist when losing....The action doesnt stop!

modded for reasons of own personal Hypracrocy of thread starter post.

Edited by Malice

Mobility and power. My staple tries to combine heavy weapons with high mobility (ie, light mid with KARASAWA (AC1-ACLR) or CANOPUS (AC4)). I like to be fast so I have some control over the fight, rather than just reacting; though I've been pressured into playing more defensively than I'd like, especially in AC4 which had heavy EN demands.

I also like to be precise, so I tend to fight up close to improve my accuracy (and in AC4, this also increases my power). Overwhelming the enemy with bursts of damage while remaining elusive allows me to take my time in doing things.

Never really had a style that I could call my own other than when I first started playing AC and used Hybrids but now I tend to use a variety of styles. the one thing that translates from other games is the accuracy of my weapons, there has to be an accurate weapon (aka Sniper, Rail gun, missiles) on my AC if I don't I'm really just screwing around.

modded for reasons of own personal Hypocrisy of thread starter post.

Fixed the spelling of hypocrisy for you, Malice.

Can't really say what my play style is, other than a mixture between aggressive and defensive tricks.

With the Soratazaru, I play defensive against those damn lag bladers, when it's mids or heavies, far more aggressive.

Yay story! Back on ACO before it went kablooie, noob (AKA Clint, ACDC, INSANE-O-FLEX etc etc) ran a Special Olympics tournament which had blading rules. As a joke, he said that if the final match was a draw, he would be the winner of the tournament. So me and Hyde slash each other in the final round at the same time and get the draw. noob literally claimed the win. Lol.

pfft ur crazy. thats not how it happened, i won that acso fair and square

now if you could just give me a minute...

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/men_in_black.jpg

Lol. Most of the time I play with offense and mobility. My most favorite weapon types are laser rifles, plasma cannons, and shotguns. I also make it a point to try out-maneuver an opponent as much as possible or I'm pretty much another cannon fodder.

Haven't been playing FA for a while now though, since I replaced my broken Linksys router for a BELKIN router, which sucks balls. FAIL.

I always go for a middle route when it comes to combat. That's why all my ACs are adapted for any situation I could need them for.

For example, I use my cannon to snipe at long range, my missiles in aerial combat, my guns in CQC, and my blade in melee.

For me, I never can do the "specialized" combat. I need to be sure I cover any base during an encounter.