How do the portable versions handle?

TemjinZero

I love the portable versions. I really like the controls so far, too. They've made gameplay on Adhoc Party very, very entertaining for me. I've never had problems with the PSP controls, especially since you can always customize them and it's very rare that someone will use every button on the controller with every design. I use pretty much every button for my SLp staple, but it doesn't bother me at all. I've won 27 of the 29 matches I've played on Adhoc with it, too. I only ever got 6 games in with 3p, though. No one was ever online for it.

=\

Anyway, if you somehow have some horrible issue having to stretch your left thumb occasionally, just make an AC that doesn't use OB/Inside/Extensions.

Btw, fewer physical buttons doesn't mean fewer buttons. All the controls for your old AC games from SL and down are there with nothing lost. The only thing you lose is the dual analog ability from NX-LR.

Well, I got AC3P since I was too lame to wait for a PSN sale, and it's pretty fun.

It's kinda annoying sometimes when you have to aim at shit (the only button changes I made were strafe right and left to stick, and turn to shoulders.), but I'll live.

I have no idea what the good parts are though. XD

There's no AC2 bs where one of the cheaper boosters is the better one... is there?

I'm kind of wondering how the smaller buttons and cramped layout isn't making it harder for you guys to play the portable versions. Personally I have a very difficult time managing OB while keeping the target in my sights, and timing my shots.

Care to share some button layouts? Or do you all use the default one?

Oh shit, good point. My layout is OB-centric, though.

Niji Style

DPad Left: Turn Left

DPad Right: Turn Right

DPad Up: Run Forward

DPad Down: Run Backward

Analog Left: Left Weapon

Analog Right: Look Up

Analog Up: Look Down

Analog Down: Extension

L: Strafe Left

R: Strafe Right

X: Boost

O: OverBoost

Triangle: Change Weapon

Square: Right Weapon

There are a few problems with this setup, though. If you're not using OB, it's not as useful. Also, you can't drop your left weapon or your extensions. That means you gotta kinda build around the controls, but they allow for amazing mobility. Getting used to the look up and look down takes a bit of time, but no one is mobile enough on Adhoc Party to really be unhandleable. Especially with the large boost in mobility.

Most seem to think my control scheme is crazy, though.

I like running pure bladers using that scheme.

My scheme is:

Dpad - Walk/turn

L1/R1 - Strafe

X - Boost

O - Change weapon

▲ - Left Weapon

□ - Right weapon

Nub Left - Extension

Nub Up - OB

Nub Right - Aim Up

Nub Down - Aim Down

This prevents me from dropping extensions. =(