Does anyone else actually want multiple expansions?

Niji Superfan

Personally, I'd love to see From make a concerted effort to push AC5 for longevity, if the game is any good (and I recognize what a big if this is). Continuous DLC and multiple expansions would be a great way to keep the game alive, and it'd give us a ridiculous degree of customization if they were smart about it.

Edited by Niji Superfan

Well in this age they would probably keep it alive via DLC rather than making several expansions (or at least I hope they would)

But if that's the case I'd like that only if it didn't delay something big (That they would want to put into a brand new game rather than just DLC)

Edited by Duronix

as long as it's not in a manner of milking like say SSF4.

an expansion should bring further balancing, a story continuation etc.

otherwise DLC can handle weapons etc BUT one thing must remain consistent:

Look at Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. the DLC Cars raped the piss outta other vehicles. DLC weapons and parts should be balanced, they should be weapons that could not make it come time for the game to debut and NOT be disc based unlocks.

TLDR:

DLC/Expansion is ok, so long as it's thought out and preserves balance

Edited by Densuo

Yeah I don't see why not. It could be pretty cool. I'm thinking along the lines of what Griffon said: you can continue the story and provide new parts/mechanics and stuff.

Would definitely be nice if the game is good. I can see this game not sucking though considering Demon Souls. I think FROM is getting themselves on the ball. I look for AC to not follow it's history this time around.

The thing about DS is that it wasn't really a brand new concept for FROM. It's based on their oldest franchise. Even plays similar to the old games. The online component was the only truly new thing. I think the particular groups designing it are seperate, as well. I don't think DS and AC are related in any fashion aside from both coming from the same developer and both having Moonlights in them.

I do - for the sake of the franchise - provided the game is good. If ACV has the characteristics of a memorable game, then an expansion is good for the Armored Core series in that it puts a shiny new game on the shelf for new players to garner interest. DLC may keep ACV alive, but once it slips out of new release territory, the DLC is unlikely to help the game grow in popularity as opposed to keeping current fans playing.

That said, if the game and/or the expansions are shit, it's gonna work the other way.

I guess I'm basically of the same opinion as most here; it really all depends on the quality of the first game. Of course a sequel to a well-made game can still be made badly :o

I always thought that AC3 to LR were considered the same "lineage" because they used the same part models. But I guess that's not really right at all. The mechanics and numbers were all way different. I remember hoping that Nexus would play like Silent Line except that it would look nicer and have a ton more parts. Although I did enjoy the games after SL, I probably would have enjoyed them even more if they used the same mechanics as SL. But I digress.

Anyways, provided ACV is a great game worthy of a sequel, additional content would be awesome to see. I'm sure they could very easily make some new missions and new parts through DLC, which would be great to see (as long as it's not on-disc DLC...that concept is beyond stupid). Some sprinkling of free, new parts DLC every so often would be cool. If they make DLC that you have to pay for, I hope that the content given will be worth it though. Not just 3 new maps and a few new parts or whatever...it should be something substantial like a new mission story arc or a large number of new parts or both. Beyond that if they added way more to the game, I think an actual, physical sequel would be a great thing to see.

Edited by Mechadon

Well, we have DLC content for both player vanity and game longevity confirmed. I have no idea if they'll do expansions, but it's hard to imagine an AC game without at least one expansion. If ACV and AC:V for Vendetta end up being good, I'm sure they'll make a third expansion.

I always thought that AC3 to LR were considered the same "lineage" because they used the same part models. But I guess that's not really right at all. The mechanics and numbers were all way different.

Yeah you're right. AC3-SL were one era, and NX-LR are another. I guess they like doing things in 3s, except for AC2 and AC4.

So uhh odds get 3 games and evens get 2. AC5 will get 3! BAM! Predicted.

I think that they should bring in AC5'd models of the original PS-series Armored Cores. Say for example..Annihilator, or whatever it's called, from the opening of AC:MOA. I just think that'd be interesting.

Of course, no broken parts. That makes it no fun for anyone.

You could add in parts from certain other games, which I think would be fun to see what would happen if you AC5'd an AALIYAH or White Glint-Joshua O'Brien's unit.

i think they mentioned something about acv dlc and how it will be more focused around aesthetics and "show off" ability rather than performance. they dont want to add OP stuff or stuff that gives one person an advantage over another person, so they probably wont add weapons or parts to DLC that are any good

I often use certain parts for aesthetics over good stats (usually limited to my choice of head part), so that still bugs me. If they get an ACV version of the AALIYAH or something, I'll be upset. Even if it sucks. Edited by Griffon

• 5 months later...

I want expansions. I play mostly ACFA and after a while of trying all the weapons and countless combinations I started to want some extra stuff.

Oh yeah and I cant be bothered to get 2,000-10,000 kills/wins in ranked matches that I have to leave my xobx on for halve an hour to find a player, plus those aren't really unlockables anyway :<

If they re-haul the game in way that can't simply be done with DLC then an expansion would be cool.

You know what would be interesting though, if they were officially done adding new contact to the game through DLC then decided to place all of the DLC in disk form for the players who were late to the show.

Or something like that anyway.

Well, we have DLC content for both player vanity and game longevity confirmed. I have no idea if they'll do expansions, but it's hard to imagine an AC game without at least one expansion. If ACV and AC:V for Vendetta end up being good, I'm sure they'll make a third expansion.

AC: V for Vendetta.

I lol'd.

Done properly, it gives you something new to dick around with in single player during your downtime, but more importantly, it gives you all the depth of the last game and more; I stress "if done properly", because this was far from the case with For Answer.

I don't get what you mean by this. If any game had a corret expansion i would say it was AC4 it's one of the few AC games that ties from start to finish in with it's successor. Further more it's on of the few one's i remember where it had a relevant story between both game's and with in each one. I understand you guys don't like ACFA, but if you wont give it it's just due at least explain how you came to the conclusion that this game was a poor expansion. let alone in the areas you listed no less.

As far as ACV is concerned I think a one shot kill is good enough for me, remember your single-player story affects your faction/clans stading, online SO just adding more turf and the relevance of it is more then enough for me, and I cant believe im saying this but hell even pulling a WOW cataclysm spin would be great for the Online experience. Which is the push of this game, such as; unmanned pulverizer-Esq (harder to take down then normal ACs) AC come from no where and sweep territory locking them down forcing rival clans to work together to fight them off then finish each other off to acquire the territory and the growth of the NPC based faction. Hell they can go old school with it and allow clans to opt in to pay out funds and territory to gain amnesty from the unmanned horrors thus making them an enemy to the "Free players" but letting them freely take territory as they see fit but invoking the rage of the players fending them off. Much like ravens who sold out in old games I.E. Evangle vs JackO

Something like this would make the games replay value, sky rocket as well as place players in a more compelling multiplayer setting.

That's one good DLC or EVEN a new disc one that would work like the ODST HALO3 muliplayer disc or even WOW's updates where not buying the add on will just render the perks of said DLC unobtainable, so the territory that the Unmanned ACs would fight to claim would only be accessible to those who bought the DLC.