E01MG-ROE (Extensions)

E05MG-ROE2 (Extensions)

WB27O-HARPY2 (Back Units)

WB31B-PEGASUS (Back Units)

CR-WH79H3 (Arm Units)

WR12PU-ROC2 (Hangers)

YWH14PU-ROC4 (Hangers)

CR-WH01HP (Hangers)

(note that it is seven in the morning, I have not slept. If you disagree, shut up and ignore it)

The only thing I really hate on this list is B83TP. They're less impressive than the LN91HM and the ban makes my awesome SELENA light too fucking slow. I'd honestly rather see something like DINGO2+B83TP on that list rather than just B83TP in general. Boy, I can't wait to take shit for that anyway.

I think someone (Niji...?) brought it up that it was fucktarded to have ECM banned since most designs have enough anti-ECM to deal with it or whatever.

And I think I heard some shit about there once being a concensus to concede a single H3 is not ban worthy...? Might be wrong.

Bedtime.

Edited by Lenin

91HM break though, while TP stays full power the whole match. TP also doesn't mandate how little your ap/defenses are.

Pretty much that.

Also, 91HM doesn't let you bring along a ton of equipment and still stay mobile. Most of the time 91HM bots will be forced to use the highest tier spam weaponry to actually do any damage. Shade or R2, sometimes RS, and you almost always end up using HP over any other left weapon. The other problem is that to bring along any weapons at all with 91HM you need to forfeit the use of a high AP AC. So you almost never have AP lead in a bot that and most definitely can not CQC effectively.

Another really big problem for 91HM is that it only works on the ground. If you try flying, which is a major part of juking lockboxes, you'll just become something of a target. A target that's going to get it's legs broken very, very fast.

Chances of unbanning TP are incredibly low, hahaha.

Banning all ECM is just for the sake of simplicity.

What he said.

Basically, I don't really like the ECM bans, but neither is anyone really forced to follow them. It just makes for a more entertaining game of LR when you don't have to worry about the game being dragged out even more than it naturally is. ECM isn't horrible, though. Just play with it if you like or not.

The only time you have to worry about it is when you and someone of equal or better skill fight and they show up with it without telling you beforehand that they may be using ECM. Surprise ECM in a regular match is kinda not cool.

And I think I heard some shit about there once being a concensus to concede a single H3 is not ban worthy...? Might be wrong.

Yah, you're definitely wrong. I tend to joke around about unbanning H3 sometimes, but I'm never really being serious.

I thought most people were always fussing against Harpy2 for the simple fact that it had too many ammo/rounds/cannons.

There was a few problems with harpy2 back in the day. The big overarching one was that it simply had too much ammo. It's the kind of weapon that ends up smashing the metagame to bits as well as making matches way too boring. It also auto-defeats tanks, as you noted. Without harpy2 tanks fare considerably better.

Remember, the purpose of bans in a tournament setting is to promote fun and fairness. One of the biggest considerations is what parts will shrink the metagame to a size that would be considered "too small" for the crowd involved?

That being said, I don't see why you couldn't go with LCC's suggestions, or anyone elses'. It's not like there are any tournaments anymore. Changing the rules now probably won't hurt anyone too much. It'll give you some new constraints for designing, too.

For the record, I agree with the old ban list. It's the most fair list I've seen and I know for a fact it was based on extensive testing by myself and others. Therefore, I trust it. If I post any bots, they'll be under the old rules unless I state otherwise.

Edited by Penguin Deus

• 1 month later...

It weighs very little, has incredibly high heat damage, makes lockboxes larger, and has an immense ammo store. It can't kill things on its own very easily, but it can be paired with just about any weapon to make an amazing combo that forces genbusts and allows for very strong lockdowns.

An example setup would be HP/H3 as Main weapons and then H3/HP in your Hangars. You can stun/heat lock someone with relative ease with that and it's very low impact for any AC setup.

I've noticed that with a few excpetions, the weapons in the game aren't so bad balance-wise. However, frame parts are really badly balanced. Personally, I think that the Lemur arms, while not nearly as bad as Lemur2, are still too good. I mean, come on, what reason is there to equip heavy-arms when the only improvement is usually AP (and not very much) and maybe another few points of shell defense? I think without it there wouldn't just be that one arm on many designs, but it's probably too late in the lifecycle of the game to actually matter. It's so strange that From can't seem to change obviously messed stats. ;)

Yeah, see the lemur problem is more indicative of the strange (by other AC standards) weighting structure they used for the game. Those arms are pretty much hw arms. It's not their fault the "real" hw arms are so terrible. In competition the lemur arms ended up not being so bad.

lemur2 and loris, on the other hand, make mw and hw arms look awful. Bad times.

The main reason lemur is still in is because the next tier down is AG by itself which beats all hw sets as well. Not to mention that people would find other ways to buff defense than putting on the shitty hw armsets. Edited by LCC

PEGASIS should be banned with just about any boosters

Dont know about the core/hanger part but i shall check that out.

As for the weapons Eh it dont matter to me.

Everyone has their opinion on parts.

As for all hunanoid leg parts banned? why?

One thing im shocked thats not banned is the LORIS arm parts(Thinks thats the name of the arms part) isnt banned unless i read the list too fast then but w/e those arms should be banned. Aim Accuracy is higher then any arm part(Tuned or not) Also i think the weight of it is almost like LEMUR2.I only think that cuz i play LR all the time but i shall check to see if my own info is right unless someone says so.

If im corrected then thats ok with me too