Boxing

Densuo

Saul "El Canelo" Alverez did pretty well this Saturday. People are comparing him to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (Son of newly inducted into the hall of fame, and Mexican Legend Julio Cesar Chavez). But really, there isn't much of a comparison.

JCC Jr lacks in experience sorely, namely from not having an amateur career. He also gets hit way too much. Here's hoping Freddy Roach can do what he did to Pacquiao and improve this kid's defense. the worst part of it all is that now JCC Jr has a trinket belt, so the boy is screwed if he fights Sergio Martinez now. Martinez would kill this kid.

Canelo is rare for a Mexican boxer, The typical Mexican fighter is blood and guts, they take your best, return it with intrest and out man you in the end. On top of that, the kid's got power. LOTS OF IT on both hands. in some of his earlier fights he was getting hit way to much too, but in his most recent fight, he showed plenty of head movement and an improved defense that was quite noticeable and that Commentator Roy Jones Jr went to the point of breaking it down how. That's very significant.

Kelly Pavlik and Marcos Maidana are gonna fight in August. This should be an exciting fight

Edited by Densuo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...tough to say. This did interest me, mainly cuz I hate the glitchkos and want them to die brutally. Otherwise, though, I don't usually like watching those two idiots fight, and I don't know much about Haye. I had to admit I haven't been following heavyweight in awhile though...but I know that neither guy has lost in awhile, and both have strong records.

Haye is 25-1 with 23 KOs, and glitchko is like 55-3 or something iirc...idk how many of those are KOs. Probably not mainly cuz he's a punk bitch. I hope he is destroyed.

I was hoping someone might know a little bit about it and had an interesting take on the bout. As it stands I'm still trying to decide if I want to take a risk on it.

This was real good too:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01388/david-haye-shirt_1388221i.jpg

SUPER EDIT FOR GREAT JUSTICE: It's on HBO. I didn't realize that til just now. It should be worth watching.

Edited by Penguin Deus

His fights are boring as shit is why. What he does is basically force you to eat jabs and hooks at range until you're too tired to do anything than he KOs. If you try to go in he jabs you away, runs himself, or he clinches.

His brother has shown more heart, I'll give him that much, but this dood is bitchmade. I want to see if Haye can get in there and crush.

Basically he's a runner fag like in AC. He's PBF but heavier.

Those KOs were probably from the guy dozing off. Not even a real KO. They should check to see if blankeys or pillows were present.

I'm not claiming to be reasonable here I'm just saying I hate the guy and how he fights and I hope his head gets caved in. That's all.

Haye is an asshole. guy has no respect I hate the shirt he wears in that pic. the K bros are fine, and I appreciate a tactician. Any true champion has a good jab.

The fact that his jab sets up his KOs is what it's all about.

I predict the following:

Either a) Haye is fast enough to get in there and pressure Wlad his confidence will carry him to an early KO

or

:o Wlad tags him one good time with a right and tests Haye's suspect chin. If Haye survives it, he will be scared and basically try to just survive the rest of the way.

Needless to say the longer this bout goes the worse for Haye.

The bad thing about Wlad and Vitali is that they ARE boring. the Heavyweight division has been stagnant for quite some time. the KO is what it's usually been about in the Heavyweight Division.

iirc both brothers are 1 and 2 in heavyweight rankings. Yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said he's like a heavyweight PBF.

Might be one of the greatest boxers ever but we'll never really be sure because we can't stand watching them fight and they won't challenge themselves. Sucks.

iirc both brothers are 1 and 2 in heavyweight rankings. Yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said he's like a heavyweight PBF.

Might be one of the greatest boxers ever but we'll never really be sure because we can't stand watching them fight and they won't challenge themselves. Sucks.

They refuse to fight each other since they're bros. That's at least understandable. At the same time, you can't say they've ducked people or haven't challenged themselves. Wlad vs Haye will be Wlad's 10th title defense. Wlad has cleaned out the Heavyweight division with the exception of his own brother.

Wlad has fought every type of fighter there is to fight in this WEAK Heavyweight era. He's won titles TWICE, and during his current reign he's made nine defenses, scoring 9 KOs and shutting out Sultan Ibragimov to unify belts, fighting the best opponents possible.

Wlad has fought:

Small guys with good Defense (Chris Byrd)

Punchers (Samuel Peter, twice)

Big Southpaws (Tony Thompson)

Fast guys (Eddie Chambers)

Look on the bright side: Vitali will be retiring in in October after fighting Tomaz Adamek.

also most US fans are butthurt because the champion in the Heavyweight division isn't American.

David Haye is british. he's white too whitey.

They refuse to fight each other since they're bros. That's at least understandable. At the same time, you can't say they've ducked people or haven't challenged themselves. Wlad vs Haye will be Wlad's 10th title defense. Wlad has cleaned out the Heavyweight division with the exception of his own brother.

Two things:

1. It's not understandable if you're in the same sport competing. Not to me, anyhow. You're not trying to kill each other, you're trying to win a boxing match. Handle yours, no excuses. It's part of being a professional. That's not what I meant, though. What I meant was...

2. They never challenge themselves to be the kind of champions we'll remember and revere. In a word: exciting. This same concept applies to any sport, hell, anything you could possibly do. General, the people we remember are the people worth remembering. These guys haven't given us that, imo.

EDIT to elaborate: When I think of the greats of a sport, like let's say basketball, I think of the guys who did things I would consider amazing. To me, winning isn't enough. I want to be impressed by the totality of what I'm seeing, not just the win-loss column. So like, let's take Kobe Bryant. Sure he has 5 rings, and that is impressive, but what makes me respect the guy's game is that he always tries to improve himself, he doesn't back down from a challenge, he played defense exceedingly well, and he will give you a show.

To me, the glitchkos are just winners. Not greats. Hopefully this clears up my position.

SUPER EDIT TO PISS OWEN OFF: But Kobe will disappear when it matters like in a Finals game.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/mshernandez182/bosombuddies.jpg

(not from a finals, but still gets the point across!)

also most US fans are butthurt because the champion in the Heavyweight division isn't American.

David Haye is british. he's white too whitey.

I don't mind that a non-american is a champ. The nationality has never really been a consideration for me. I don't like being bored and feeling ripped off on a pay-per-view. Luckily tomorrow's fight is on HBO and thus worth watching short of something else dope happening that night!

EDIT: Eager to see glitchko KO the guy in the first round so I can somehow feel cheated out of something I didn't pay for, hahaha.

Edited by Penguin Deus

exciting.

Why should I have to be exciting to be great? if you're too shitty to stand a chance against me, and if you can't get past my jab, my jab gets you tired, it creates an opening for my big right hand or forces a mistake for my big right hand so I can startch you then I am going to do it. Especially if it reduces the risk of me taking unneeded damage.

Wlad has a weak chin. A Weak chin gets exposed VERY easily in the Heavweight division, where even if you are not a big puncher there is plenty of weight behind it. I'm not going to knock on Wlad for doing what is effective for him. He sticks to his gameplan and executes it.

Wlad has also improved. He was a guy with crap defense whom lost all semblance of a gameplan and resolve when he got hurt. Now you can see it in his eyes that he's become much tougher.

You can't blame him for being around when the division happened to be very weak.

Though you do make a valid point. Reason? Even his trainer, Emmanuel Steward was begging him to go for the KO during a title defense.

You must hate Floyd Mayweather too. You'd prolly HATE watching Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker in his prime or any other slick boxer who prefers defense and wading through all your punches unscathed like it was nothing. I know you'd definetly hate Winky Wright. friggin dude blocks more then CPU gambit in Xmen vs Street Fighter, guy's the ultimate turtle.

Does it make for potentially boring fights? Yes. But if you're looking for an exciting fight, may I suggest Yurikois Gamboa, Juan Manuel Lopez, or any fight involving a pair of scrappy Mexicans.

Juan Manuel Lopez and Gamboa sound like your best bets in boxing right now. Both have questionable chins, but have explosive power and only know attack attack attack. They throw caution to the wind. Gamboa, for how strong he is, is frighteningly fast. Lopez doesn't look like it, but he has phenominal power, full of heart too.

Edited by Densuo