• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matrix II

http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/forum/index...?showtopic=1873

vs

Alumnus

http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=253

After this one, I think I'll want to see a rematch with Matrix altered as has been suggested to me.

Edited by Exorcet

From ACO:

Koutei vs Volsung

Avenger's Volsung:

Queen (0.3.5.2.0)

99UL (0.3.5.2.0)

FL (0.3.5.2.0)

Dingo2 (0.3.5.2.0)

GULL (0.0.6.4)

Volute

Lotus (0.8.2)

Ananda (0.0.10)

RM3

69M

---

Sawa

R3

---

Wraith

Amino ES EC L+ Codon Golgi R+

Note: AC originally posted with SLA instead of L+ but with 1 empty slot and L+ being mandatory it is an assumed mistake. No paint posted.

>******<

Promise vs Wolf's Cry

Wrath of the Squirrel's Wolf's Cry:

Eye (0.2.4.4.0)

/UL (0.10.0.0.0)

Langur (0.2.0.0.8)

XS (0.10.0.0.0)

V2 (0.3.4.3)

Monju

G91 (0.10.0)

Linden (0.0.10)

RO

RO

RA2

Elf3

Wraith

---

Amino ES SS Organelle Codon Primer Marishi

Paint

Weps Blue

Koutei vs Volsung

The sawa eats away tanks pretty good, dealing 400-500 ap per shot, and is decently accurate against tanks. The tank packs some powerful weapons, but the weapons can only do so much in a bad matchup. In the first match I got lucky on a G3 shot, whcih lead to 3 more successive G3 shots, and won the match easily. On the second match I poked away with sawa and punished a genbust for another rather easy win. On the third match, LCC poked away at me with RM3 rounds and the sawa. Koutei isn't quite fast enough to contend that well. It has a very nice weapon loadout, but I feel cutting the arms down to maybe XS or Macaque is a better bet, and maybe RS2 to something lighter as well. Volsung isn't without its own flaws as well though. Particularly I personally would have liked to see a change in FCS-- either F69 for all-out box size, or F73H for better horizontal tracking. (Volute is definitely workable though.) Other than that it's fine. I'd give the matchup a 70/30 in Volsung's favor.

Promise vs Wolf's Cry

This matchup made me want to poke my own eyes out. Wolf's Cry is in all essence, is the epitome of garbage. Dual rockets on the back don't hit anything, Linden makes it overheat on virtually every OB or everytime it takes fire. Even though Langur looks good as a blading on on paper, in actual practice its piss poor reaction time for blade swings makes it horrible for blading-- not to mention other inferior stats of it. Why monju instead of miroku is beyond me. All the crap aside, the one redeeming quality it has is RA2, and only RA2. But RA2 is a pretty decent weapon regardless, and will always give this ac at least a small fighting chance. Promise has a couple faults in my opinion. The vixen handle well, but are low on ap, and have a bad tendency for very hard landings. The monju is nice, for 6lock nymphes, but F73H would be of way better benefit on this AC. Macaque I feel not only weighs it down a bit, but makes it drain a bit as well. I would have liked XS arms. I also would have liked EC for more energy to close gap. I give this matchup a 90/10 in Promise's favor.

Matrix II vs Alumnus

This matchup also made me want to poke my own eyes out. Alumnus is nothing more than a legacy shotgunner of mine from nx-nb era, but it still found a way to muster a win vs something toting griffon. The matchup looked horribly skewed against it on paper, but in real practice, the combination of slow lock for sawa, left arm latency for griffon shots and a smallish lockbox meant that Alumnus could pitbull Matrix II rather easily, and with just a shotgun and verts. I know I'm rusty after 4 years of not playing on kai, and that Alumnus is rather fast, but a hard tracking job is a hard tracking job. It also further provides evidence that Matrix NEEDS ws locks, either in the form of hangars, or up-front. The griffon was a nice touch in the sawa vs sawa poking contest, but the locksize and lockon time kills it against something halfway fast.

As it is currently, I'd give the matchup a 65/35 in Alumnus's favor, but if Matrix II had ws pistols, I'd give the matchup 75/25 or even upwards of 80/20 in Matrix II's favor.

Phil Collins vs Promise

Promise is a decently put together rusher, while Phil Collins is bread and butter LR cqc punisher/bulldog with BP/HP/RM3. BP is arguably the best punisher in the game, as well as RM3. It doesn't really take much to figure this matchup out. Nevertheless, at times Promise could out-maneuver the slightly heavier Phil Collins, and chip a lot with MG800, but it all comes down to nailing those easy BP shots, really. I already gave my opinions on Promise, so let's talk Phil Collins. It is a cookie-cutter design that's been proven to work, so there isn't much in the form of raw performance changes, only stylistic changes that could possibly make it cater to the designer's play habits more. I give the matchup a 70/30 in Phil Collin's favor.

Edited by TMRaven

Alumnus could pitbull Matrix II rather easily

That's actually why I picked the AC. In the first match I wanted to blame the piloting more than the design, but I saw what you were saying more clearing in match 2. I think I'd want to try this fight once I get on Kai.

Anyway, I'll make changes to Matrix and see how it fares in a rematch.

Two things.

#1. I'd like to get the pilots (in these cases, I guess TM and LCC) AAR (after-action review, military lingo) on the bots; giving us what they liked and didn't like, possible tweaks and such. Seems like a fairly decent idea.

#2. I want to see some NB fantasy duels.

I rather not do an exact rematch, but I don't see anything wrong with changing it up a bit and fighting any other design on the forum.

It wouldn't be an exact rematch unless you consider changed gen, guns, maybe FCS, tunes, etc an exact rematch.