Relentless

Griffon

A bit on the simple side, pretty straightforward. But it sure put up a fight against my friends at the time.

AC: Relentless

CHD-SKYEYE

CCL-01-NER

MAL-RE-REX

CLF-D2-ROG

CBT-FLEET

PLS-ROA

CGP-ROZ

RMR-ICICLE

-

CWEM-AS40

CWG-GNL-15

-

MWG-SRF/60

MLB-MOONLIGHT

I kicked myself in the face when I remembered I had OP-I on this thing, so lets say:

OP-S-SCR, OP-E/SCR, OP-S-STAB, OP-E/CND, OP-LFCS++

Color:

0, 0, 0

0, 30, 30

30, 30, 50

0, 200, 200

150, 150, 150

I will say however, that if I were to design this now, I'd switch out the rifle to something a little more versatile like CWG-RF-160 or maybe MWG-XCW/90. I might also switch the booster out, to MBT-OX/002. This would also give me enough weight to put the CRU-A10 radar on.

I sorta think you're better off with srf60 than rf160, in AC3 anyways. iirc rog isn't the best choice here, but otherwise it seems pretty solid. I know that the bot can work since arguably my best bot in AC3 was a quad sorta like this one, and my buddy Sandman ran a quad that is also similar to yours at MOC3 and did extremely well.

We had same as you unless I note a difference...

CHD-SKYEYE (I ran a radarless head...the high AP one?)

CCL-01-NER

MAL-RE-REX

CLF-D2-ROG (he ran sev, I ran knot)

CBT-FLEET (he ran 002)

PLS-ROA (ws1 or ws3 I think for both of us)

CGP-ROZ

RMR-ICICLE (we both ran sa44 probably...well maybe I ran cr14 if I could fit it, idk)

- (we both ran 10 shot decoys)

CWEM-AS40 (I ran a back radar, starter. idk what as40 is?)

CWG-GNL-15

-

MWG-SRF/60 (I ran srf80)

MLB-MOONLIGHT (he ran a much lighter blade, starter I think)

Edited by Penguin Deus

I sorta think you're better off with srf60 than rf160, in AC3 anyways.

How do you figure? I mean yeah it worked pretty well for me back then, but looking back I'd figure it would make my AC a bit too specialized, leaving on the MOONLIGHT to deal with anything mid-to-short range.

iirc rog isn't the best choice here

Yeah, I was looking at that too, I'd probably switch to the KNOT. I forgot that it holds nearly the same amount as the ROG while being more mobile.

How do you figure? I mean yeah it worked pretty well for me back then, but looking back I'd figure it would make my AC a bit too specialized, leaving on the MOONLIGHT to deal with anything mid-to-short range.

Nah, it doesn't overspecialize you to use the srf60. It's one of the best guns. There are a few other things you have to consider here.

1) This is AC3, where most maps are just open areas with plenty of space to run and move and the locks are pretty good size.

2) The GNL15 is one of the single most devastating weapons in the game and can nearly take out a bot by itself.

3) rf160 isn't that good in AC3. SL is when it really comes into it's own. For AC3 you'd be better off running the rf220 over rf160.

4) You're running the ner core, which is the fastest OB in the game. Your lateral movement is pretty much set in that regard.

5) Franko was one of the best AC3-SL era players in California,

And if that isn't evidence enough,
Sandman was a fantastic player, and his quad was quite the machine, as well. More to the point, he's using your payload with a smaller sword and he destroyed a AC3 style heavy, and a heavily armored mw, both being used by two of the best players I have ever seen.

In your case, the only way I could see a valid claim of overspecializing would be because you're using too big a sword (Raor's suggestion is good, here; Sandman ran starter sword), your bot is not agile enough (bad leg choice), and your using the wrong fcs (WS all day). All of this leads to a slower, clumsier, bot that will have a harder time getting the lock on it's opponent than it really should.

EDIT: I always lamented the fact that Sandman didn't live in SoCal. He would have fit right in with my group. At least he was there for the single greatest day of AC I've ever been involved in (the Sunday after MOC4 in San Diego).

Edited by Penguin Deus