Atari's Armored Core 4/FA Videos

Atari

Videos will be uploaded to youtube this weekend. Late Friday/Early Saturday or something of the sort.

Might have some FA 1v1's running around after Monday.

So that being said, here's to some good ( I hope) footage in the coming days! Cheers!

Warning: The following motion pictures contain extreme retardation.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NpEExqUnI&feature=channel_video_title

First 2 minutes is Squall741 vs II Veritas II. After that it was me wrapping up my fight with BOSS SAVAGE then fighting II Veritas II for the rest of the match. The coming videos WILL record audio.

That being said, enjoy the first video!

Edited by Atari

The video quality is very good from what I can tell, if it's only an S-video device. The deinterlacer doesn't seem to be giving any noticeable artifacts or resolution loss, and I don't notice much macroblocking. There is an overall lack of sharpness though, potentially from the codec used not being as prioritized as it could for the youtube bitrate allowed. Have you tried the more advanced x264/h264 codecs yet?

The major flaw I see in it is the audio. It seems to be both left channel only mono, and severely clipped.

The video quality is very good from what I can tell, if it's only an S-video device. The deinterlacer doesn't seem to be giving any noticeable artifacts or resolution loss, and I don't notice much macroblocking. There is an overall lack of sharpness though, potentially from the codec used not being as prioritized as it could for the youtube bitrate allowed. Have you tried the more advanced x264/h264 codecs yet?

The major flaw I see in it is the audio. It seems to be both left channel only mono, and severely clipped.

I'll make mention of it to him.

Just watched it and I'd say the video quality seems fine. You can easily read the numbers for AP and such and the colors aren't funky. That's all I ever really care about. Especially considering this is S-Video. The sound is also fine, if you ask me.

Also, I noticed that amazingly enough I don't think anyone was using auto-sight in that video. You guys are trying to be hardcore legit, huh.

S-video has nothing to do with audio, it's just a video throughput. Audio comes from the rca jacks (red-white) which are the same for both analogue and component alike. Niji edited his post since then!

The audio quality is really bad, it's easily recognizable that it's only coming out as mono out of the left channel, and the right channel is struggling to play at all, it comes off as a bunch of liquidy artifacts. The sound is also clipped significantly.

How is he getting his audio?

Edited by TMRaven

Just watched it and I'd say the video quality seems fine. You can easily read the numbers for AP and such and the colors aren't funky. That's all I ever really care about. Especially considering this is S-Video. The sound is also fine, if you ask me.

Also, I noticed that amazingly enough I don't think anyone was using auto-sight in that video. You guys are trying to be hardcore legit, huh.

I never used auto-sight, or even second stage.

Raw as fuck.

S-video has nothing to do with audio, it's just a video throughput. Audio comes from the rca jacks (red-white) which are the same for both analogue and component alike. Niji edited his post since then!

The audio quality is really bad, it's easily recognizable that it's only coming out as mono out of the left channel, and the right channel is struggling to play at all, it comes off as a bunch of liquidy artifacts. The sound is also clipped significantly.

How is he getting his audio?

Not sure to be honest, I know he's get a Easy Cap of something like that. When we recorded there was about like 6 or 7 other videos we had but something happened to em, said it was corrupted or some malfunction happened.

Seems to be working fine now however, just got a message from him not too long ago.