Fairy Tail

Maverick Bison

Yeah I know.

It sounds like you like a specific kind of anime more than anything. I don't feel that any of those are better animated than most other shonen. Claymore's is particularly bad, in fact. Not as bad as Naruto Shippuden, but pretty bad. If you're going to cite quality of the art, you're gonna need a better argument than that.

If you don't like it because it's not a style that visually pleases you, that's one thing, but to claim you don't like it because it's garbage is something else entirely. Them's fightin' words!

You said you didn't watch them cuz the art is shit and you're picky. You then gave Claymore as an example of what you like. I'm saying that Claymore's art is no better than Fairy Tail's.

The anime, that is.

Edited by Penguin Deus

It's anime....

"Anime" is japan animation...Fairy Tail and One Piece are mangas and animes made in Japan...therefore, they're anime.

It's a different anime/art style. So I don't get what makes you think they're less anime and more cartoon...

They're shonen...shonen art tends to be rather generic, it's just a style. But in the end, it's still anime.

The difference between Anime and "Cartoons" is that Anime is linear, there's a progressive storyline and events that happen in earlier episodes directly effect the next one. "Cartoons" don't have a flowing storyline and are usually singular stand alone episodes.

So I disagree with you saying OP and FT aren't anime. Claymore is dark fantasy, not Shonen. Sounds like you enjoy stuff that isn't Shonen which isn't a bad thing either.

Edited by Azure Knight

anime is more stylized with common character designs and facial structures, detailed backgrounds, and a plot. Also there are many genre of anime from children's anime to adult anime. Cartoons tend to be made to appeal to little kids by making the characters look deformed and having no point to the story.

one piece only has a story.

as for fairy tail i guess i would take it back for that cause i have yet to see it so i cant really draw a conclusion.

Call OP a cartoon at an anime convention and see what happens.

The art is based on the artist's style, plain and simple. I don't even care for OP. It's not horrible, but I'm not that big of a fan of it's art style, but I'll still recognize it as an anime. A shonen anime which is geared towards the generic younger audience.

The animes that aren't shonen tend to have much more realistic and detail backgrounds. They're all anime. Anime is a broad term that covers a lot of different styles. They may be different, but it's all still anime.

Edited by Azure Knight

Shonen is a demographic. You got it. It's like 10+ or something.

In the US, the anime for Claymore is TV-MA. The manga prints in Shonen Jump Advance, which targets teens. In Japan, it prints in Jump Square, a Shonen mag.

http://www.funimation.com/claymore

http://www.vizmedia.com/claymore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_Square

So in a sense, Raven's Pride is right...in that it targets teens. It prints in Shonen mags, though. So I guess we're both right?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...