Fairy Tail

Maverick Bison

Yeah that guy Mashima has a similar art style to Oda. He likes more cartoony people that aren't taking the look too seriously, but it is still more polished to look like a standard shoenen. You're more likely to find stuff that looks like Fairy Tail than you are stuff that looks like One Piece, if that makes sense.

So I guess it's like One Piece art but without the balls to break convention. Or the skills. I guess that would depend on interpretation.

Admittedly, Oda is a pretty unique mangaka.

Yeah, that anime's art is drastically different from the manga. Same as with Naruto, and even One Piece to some extent.

I should clarify something too...Fairy Tail's art looks sort of like early OP art. Later OP art isn't really similar aside from the higher amount of hot girls in the story that are as curvy as FT women. In FT every girl is hot.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Nah, the reason you follow it is because it's available on the same website as where you read Ippo and One Piece. That's all it's got going for it, hahaha. Especially if you're only reading the last 20-30 chapters. They've been terrible aside from Blue Note vs Gildarts.

It's a pretty bad manga. As bad as Naruto. It even pulled the same dirty trick of being really fresh and novel at first to get you hooked, than giving you trash the rest of the way. I'm so glad I didn't start buying these.

I like Fairy Tail, Rave Masters (Yes he did that too I believe), and One Piece mostly because I can get heavily connected with those characters.

There are times when all the hardships they go through are some over exaggerated versions of things that happen in my life, and that "I'm not gonna give up" theme usually manages to pick me up in times when I'm down.

There is just some mysterious vigor I get from watching/reading those.

I definitely love the characters though - Mah Chibi Collection :o

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/hatake7002/Aliquem-chibi-fairy-tail-png_500.png

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Blue Note vs Gildarts properly. Really disappointed. I hate Erza and Natsu fights now because it always boils down to the same thing, "we can't win but we'll get a powerup from our friends and then win." Being inspired is one thing, but that's just ridiculous. At least Erza is a hottie.

Oh well, hopefully Laxus gets a full fight. I know he's going to win via nakama punch but hopefully the rest of it is at least fun to look at.

Your sketches are cool.

Erza and Natsu fights are pretty lame I admit its like playing a game with great graphics and it having no interesting end game. I'm about to loose! *peers over at my best friends bulging breasts* I HAVE THE POWER! It sucks it tends to always be the "blah blah blah, now we fight!" deal.

*puts his brain in a cooler*

I'm tired.

i like claymore (manga more so i guess), fate/staynight, rune soldier, tower of druaga, gundam 00, thats all i pick off the top of my head.

It sounds like you like a specific kind of anime more than anything. I don't feel that any of those are better animated than most other shonen. Claymore's is particularly bad, in fact. Not as bad as Naruto Shippuden, but pretty bad. If you're going to cite quality of the art, you're gonna need a better argument than that.

If you don't like it because it's not a style that visually pleases you, that's one thing, but to claim you don't like it because it's garbage is something else entirely. Them's fightin' words!

You'd prolly love Berserk, if you aren't already reading it. Although I guess this topic is about anime so uhh scratch that, I guess.

Edited by Penguin Deus

It sounds like you like a specific kind of anime more than anything. I don't feel that any of those are better animated than most other shonen. Claymore's is particularly bad, in fact. Not as bad as Naruto Shippuden, but pretty bad. If you're going to cite quality of the art, you're gonna need a better argument than that.

If you don't like it because it's not a style that visually pleases you, that's one thing, but to claim you don't like it because it's garbage is something else entirely. Them's fightin' words!

You'd prolly love Berserk, if you aren't already reading it. Although I guess this topic is about anime so uhh scratch that, I guess.

Berserk is going to have new OVAs, so you can definitely mention Berserk.