• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I present to you two magic maps.

Fancy ACU Server Map - Survival

Fancy ACU Server Map - Creative

Note that the labels are not permanent. You guys are free to give me a name for your own properties/buildings along with the X/Y/Z (hit F3 in-game) co-ordinates for the location of the label you want placed. Keep co-ordinates rounded to the nearest hundredth (0.01). I just filled in names for stuff real fast so there would be a few lables for people to find stuff with. Note that while I was running around the map collecting X/Y/Z co-ordinates I blew up all kinds of stuff like pillars and small dirt homes to make sure the map generated more natural looking. If I knocked something out that anyone needed I have a second map I can reference to get the co-ordinates for it, just ask.

The map does not automatically update. I have to manually render the entire world map into a special map file, then upload the file to the ACU server. That means I'll only update the maps about once a week or so.

Remember you can view the spawn point, you can view the map in day or night mode, and you can turn off labels in the top left.

Enjoy!

PS: Everyone should feel free to mention in this thread when you want to switch ACU worlds between Survival and Creative. I can't run both at the same time, so I switch by request.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading through this thread and it seems like this server could use some help if it's still active. If so, I have some questions. I may be of assistance.

1) Where/how is this server hosted?

2) Does this server use Bukkit or related API?

3) If yes to above, do you use server mods? Do you know how?

Even if it's just something for you guys to fool around on, I can provide tips on how to give you a more secure environment. No more need for "Don't mess with my shit" disclaimers. lol

I've been running a Minecraft server for quite some time. Currently, I have a dedicated server from which I host my own, public server. It functions in a specific way, but you guys are welcome to check it out. It's kinda dead at the moment, though. I've tried getting the word out, but my host specs are inferior to that of most other public servers. 2GB of RAM and a Xeon E5520. It can support 20-30 players, but that's about it. Also, it caters to competitive gameplay tastes, so not everyone will enjoy it. It's highly PvP oriented and players have a chance to lose territory through war, so you won't see a lot of pretty houses.

About My Server:

Players get together and form factions. Factions allow you to claim land that others cannot build or destroy on. However, Factions have a "Power Level." Claiming land takes power and player deaths take power away. If your power level goes below what you've spent, enemy factions can come in and start claiming land until your deficit is eliminated. You gain power by staying logged in. Factions gain an additional 10 to their maximum power for each player in the faction.

So, if you have two players, you can have a maximum of 20 power for your faction to spend on land. If you claim 10 plots of land, then you have 10/20 power. Death results of loss of 4 power. Say Player 2 dies 3 times, that's 12 power lost. The Faction is now at a -2 deficit. An enemy faction can come in and claim up to two plots of your land from you, but no more unless they increase your deficit by continuing to kill your members. And enemy factions can only claim outermost plots; they can't just go for the center. Likewise, if you kill them enough to put them in a deficit, you can reclaim your lost territory.

It's a huge PvP struggle with the potential for a lot of fun. I have a lot of economical solutions, as well. Player shops, actual currency, etc... If I had a more powerful host, I might be able to get more players.

If you guys wanna check it out, the IP is : logon.keldraga.com The server is called "Project Keldraga." You're welcome to pass this info along. Make some factions, start some wars.

Edited by Koroshiya Hunter

My power went out at home and changed my IP without me knowing. IP has been updated and just an FYI we're on the Creative world now instead of the Survival world since 90/nob like to build strange things.

EDIT: Nah, it's just a regular old generic install server for some of us to kill time on when we're bored or if the site goes down. Haha.

The offer is definitely appreciated, haha. If I get an API I'll be sure to hit you up since it seems like you have a lot more experience with MC than me, haha.

EDIT: Updated server IP again. A semi pulled our outdoor ethernet cord out that connected the house and store together because he was dumb. This caused teh router in my room to shoot up through the roof and unplug itself and the modem. Since the modem turned off I got a new IP again, haha. Amazingly enough, all my hardware and wires still work.

I'd be more than willing to help out. Using an API opens you up to a whole new world of Minecraft. There are a ridiculous amount of things you can do with it; things beyond the normal boundaries of the game.

For some reason, Minecraft is something that I just can't seem to get away from completely. Be it as a player or as an administrator, I always end up going back to it and playing the hell out of it for a few months. I bought my account 2 years ago and I still play the hell out of it. lol.

• 2 years later...

I set up a server since I'm wanting to start playing this again. I'm using a dynamic DNS so we won't have to worry about changing the address every time my IP changes.

Server address is noventa.ddns.net

It's peaceful, creative, PvP off. Build crazy shit and don't be a dick.

Also I've already staked out a place with glowstone that I'm going to mess around in so I'd appreciate it if you left it alone.

Also also, the server will prompt you to download a resource pack but it's not necessary. It's just the one I use so I thought it'd be neat if everyone on the server ran the same texture pack. You'd have to patch your MC version to use HD textures though.

I upgraded the server to CraftBukkit to let me use some plugins but all the good ones are for earlier MC builds :(

All your stuff should still be where you left it.

So from googling around it looks like most of these server plugins are for pre-1.7.10 because of some stuff Mojang added to the EULA that server owners are whining about because it doesn't allow them to use pay-to-win models. I JUST WANT STUFF THAT LETS ME KEEP NOB FROM FILLING MY HOUSE WITH PIGS

http://i.imgur.com/n5Njifi.png

so gay

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...