Minecraft - ACU Server

Harakiri Tiger

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've put a rail line between my portal in the nether an Kak's. From his portal you have to walk into the Nether Fortress, there will be a couple torches on the ground and a hole down one particular way (I guess I'll put signs, idk). Head down the ladder there and the rail will take you straight to my portal which is situated directly under my house in the overworld. I don't see a point in connecting this rail line to Jackson's since he basically dismantled his loli fortress. I am going to eventually build a rail from Kak's portal to LS's/Zoa's and separately to LS Bro's portal.

I got my 64 diamond block stash in my ender chest so now I focus on building up a supply of enchanted gear.

Not really but ya. I mostly did the rail line as a means to travel to Ata's and get to an End Portal.

Niji and me killed the Ender Dragon last night. He's kinda difficult, but at the same time, not that difficult. The tricky part is not pissing off the Endermen and taking out the crystals. After that it's just patience and having enough ammo.

~

I don't know where your summertime home is Jackson, could you give me the rough coords on the map?

And I may or may not undertake building a batshit nether XP farm. I've seen a couple vids, but I have to flesh out the details of it, then construct it. If I do however, I'll ask Niji to just delete my sky city. And work more on the nether rail network. Which will require an ass ton of half slabs to prevent pigmen from spawning in.

I have to use some sort of game exploit, of which there apparently seems to be some, to get above the "ceiling" in the nether which is bedrock, and normally unbreakable.

That's one of a couple examples I've seen, although I think I'll go with a 360 degree spawning platform. Also, you can path them over a cactus which makes them take damage, and insures XP drops on death. But atm I need to figure out how to get above the ceiling and put together enough materials.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So after watching a bunch of vids and starting work I've kinda panned out what I'm gonna be doing for this Nether XP/Gold/Rotten Flesh farm.

I've gotten to max height in the nether, above the bedrock and started building the glass roof, this is so wither skeletons and ghasts don't spawn in, because ghasts are gay. It'll be a series of 81x81 block platforms. Glass roof, 2 blocks open, wood/stone floor, 2 blocks open, wood/stone floor, 2 block open, wood/stone floor.

In the middle I'm going to keep/knock out an 11x11 series of blocks thru the wood/stone floors. This will let me create a pathing point for the pigmen. It will be off center as to force them to go one way, they will path over a cactus and then fall to their deaths, although I haven't quite panned out if I'm going to do the whole redstone elevator thing or just build a chamber to catch all the drops and XP, probably the latter since I find redstone mechanics asspain.

When this is done, ya'll are welcome to use it, just don't kill the trapped pigman, who'll be named. Naming him with a name tag will prevent him from despawning meaning you can throw a snowball @ him and all the pigmen will go bonkers and aggro/path to their demise. It's max height in the nether so everything but named pigman hero should despawn when you go back to the bedrock. I'll update when I finish the functional aspects of this thingy, but it's probably gonna be awhile 6500 sand/glass just for the roof, then I gotta come up with the stone/wood.

• 1 month later...

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/Enganacious/Untitled_zpsbnxk708n.jpg

New XP farm is good.

List of Enchanted Books I'm willing to negotiate trades for.

Sharpness IV

Power III, Effeciency III

Smite IV

Power III

Power IV, Fire Protection III, Fortune II

Effeciency III

Fire Aspect II

Sharpness IV, Effeciency IV

Smite IV, Luck of the Sea II, Feather Falling IV

Effeciency III, Aqua Affinity I

Fire Aspect II

Effeciency IV

Knockback II

Knockback II

Sharpness III

Protection IV

Protection IV

Flame I

Feather Falling IV

Sharpness III

Effeciency IV

Protectile Protection IV, Fire Aspect II

Power III

Fire Aspect II

I am also willing to merge the enchants onto items.

• 4 weeks later...

This post is for Ren's use.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/minecraft.gamepedia.com/thumb/d/d0/Diamond_D_28x.jpg/500px-Diamond_D_28x.jpg

I mine Y layers 8-9 as branches, which leaves 7-10 visible, then 11-12 atop that, leaving 10-13 visible. Trying to get layers 5-6 seems worth it, but it's not. Technically you can leave 3 lines of blocks between branches, since there's actually very little chance that diamond ore spawns are going to be 1 block wide. But both me and nob prefer to cover that inner line so we skip 2 blocks over between branches. That's probably the best way to mine for diamonds in particular. You'll get everything else doing this, coal, iron, gold, redstone, lapus lazuli.

• 4 weeks later...