Chali 2Na

Lenin

I'm not a HUGE fan of rap/hip-hop/whatever, but I can listen to some of it and this guy is way up there on my list when I do:

I like his beats, lyrics, voice, flow and the fact he actually has diction. It boggles me that he's not more popular.

He's alright. He doesn't have much stage presence iirc. I've seen him live...twice? Maybe more.

He's pretty well-known in hiphop circles. He ran with J5 and I think he's in Ozomatli now? Or maybe he was but isn't anymore. He's just not well known in the mainstream. Most hiphop guys aren't though. It's still exceedingly rare. :o

Well, stage presence is no big concern for me since I'm way too lazy to ever really go anywhere at all, let alone a concert. Bummer if he doesn't though.

Glad he's known in hip-hop circles. I wouldn't know because I'm a pasty white Irish guy with freckles and everyone looks at me funny when I try to talk about it.

Yeah dood. I'm not a big Talib Kweli fan though. He's sik in Black Star, and he's usually dope in collaborations but his solo stuff I just can't get into. I want to say John is into the guy, though.

Fuck it dood we'll humor you here. Well, we meaning me and John, since the few other people at ACU who know anything about hiphop won't ever see this thread probably. I think Brit and Llamahumper are the only other doods who know anything, iirc.

I wish I could say more on Chali but I got nothing. I never got into dood's work. I never really got into J5 even.

Edited by Penguin Deus