31 replies to this topic

#21 GodlyPerfection

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LIVE ID:GodlyPerfection

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostNemphtis, on 23 February 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

Do you have any gameplay up yet or is this still in the feedback stage? I would appreciate a link to a YouTube channel or three where I can enjoy some decent quality Armored Core V gameplay footage, especially multiplayer versus. I'm a bit behind on my information for this game and right now I'm in the mood for lots of watching and not so much reading.

http://www.youtube.c...GodlyPerfection

I have 60+ videos of gameplay on that channel and I put up more every few days. Enjoy and welcome to the ACV scene. :wiggle:

Edited by GodlyPerfection, 23 February 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Posted Image

ReachingPerfection.com is home to aspiring game/level designers who want to

understand, study, and discuss what makes games good.

#22 Nemphtis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • PSN ID:Nemphtis
  • LIVE ID:Nemphtis

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Thanks, and funny enough I was already browsing your channel before reading this post.

These videos are pretty much what I was looking for, good job and all that.

Edited by Nemphtis, 23 February 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#23 GodlyPerfection

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostNemphtis, on 23 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Thanks, and funny enough I was already browsing your channel before reading this post.

These videos are pretty much what I was looking for, good job and all that.

No need for a good job... I know a ton of people not in japan want to see gameplay so I tried to help out as much as I can.

Posted Image

#24 JuKE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

How about showing the gun upgrading process? If you have an English copy that is! Or if you could some LW gameplay with upgraded rifles/shotties.
Can't wait till the 20th.

#25 Griffon

ACG Ambassador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • PSN ID:Griffon_ACG

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Think I could get a vid of some of the railguns in action? Seen a lot of sniper cannons but no RGs.

Armored Core has changed.

It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.

#26 Moon Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • PSN ID:MoonWalker4

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

I completely forgot this guy "hikarupiano" on youtube was show casing most of the weapons ingame ( shoulder and arm weapons ) this should keep you busy.

GERBERA is the railgun.
Fanfic: The Cradle Pilot.
Progress: Chapter 3 Part 2 ( 18:08 19/March/2011 ) edit: I should reaaaaaally get back to writing.

#27 Griffon

ACG Ambassador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostMoon Walker, on 18 March 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I completely forgot this guy "hikarupiano" on youtube was show casing most of the weapons ingame ( shoulder and arm weapons ) this should keep you busy.
GERBERA is the railgun.
Oh. Oh wow.
Those seem pretty terrible. Seems to me that railguns need a pretty big buff, no wonder I don't see them. Thanks, Moon.

It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.

#28 Moon Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

I guess most EN-consuming weapons all need a slight adjustment because you really don't get the potentially deadly outcome you want out of the weapon unless you invest time in "charging" them

Pulse guns, machine guns, plasma guns and laser/torch blades are exceptions to this idea of course. Laser rifles, laser cannons and railguns need a decent amount of charge time for higher bullet velocity ( and greater damage in the case of lasers )

I will say that the idea of "charging" is a great idea and I had always wanted it to happen but the consequence of not charging with the current set up is way too risky.
Progress: Chapter 3 Part 2 ( 18:08 19/March/2011 ) edit: I should reaaaaaally get back to writing.

#29 Griffon

ACG Ambassador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, but it seemed to me like it needed to charge just to get it to stack up to a regular cannon, unless I missed something. I mean uncharged it didn't even one-shot a tank.

Edited by Griffon, 18 March 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#30 Moon Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

The first few shots "missed" it hit the invisible wall because it dropped quickly. The bullet was daamn big seeing it from a gun barrel. Charging basically gives the it "boosted" velocity that railguns are supposed to do. Damage wise it does kill the tank in one hit but he failed to hit a few times cause of "gravity, hahah.

#31 Griffon

ACG Ambassador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

Ahh, I see. Yeah, maybe I can see some purpose then as a long range option for tanks, seeing as they can still lock on. But overall they seem pretty outclassed by sniper cannons.

#32 GodlyPerfection

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostGriffon, on 19 March 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Ahh, I see. Yeah, maybe I can see some purpose then as a long range option for tanks, seeing as they can still lock on. But overall they seem pretty outclassed by sniper cannons.

That is how I've been seeing it up to this point. Sniper cannons are for non-tanks as they can use the scope... Rail Cannons are for tanks as they lock on and have a high velocity. Rail cannons kinda feel like the "Sniper Cannon" for tanks.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users