Foo Fighters

Aokiryu89

Dave Grohl's music really works well with how I want to live my life. It's not the most violent it's not the softest, it's simple down to earth rock and that's how I like it.

Even though I was only a kid when the whole grunge scene broke out I guess it must have left that imprint in me along with all the jazz music my parents listened too. My taste is very broad when it comes to music in general.

My favorite song at the moment from the Foo Fighters is probably "Come Alive" from the E,S,P, & G album. It's all about his emotions when his daughter was born and I find it flat out amazingly epic. Of course right now though I'm playing "Everlong" none stop since I finally bought the Colour album.

I'd like to keep this forum strictly for bands that are at least either pushing a decade or surpassing it in length of time they have remained active.

As much as I am a fan of Old School stuff as well I'd like to keep this up for bands that are still active or have only just recently retired.

IS SOMEONE GETTING THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST OF YOU?

Yeah, they're pretty good. They're one of those bands I like, but I don't really listen to all that often. I really have to be in the mood to actively put them on, but won't complain if someone else does at any given moment.

Edited by Ataraxis

My hero is probably my favorite song of theirs, although a bit too bright for my tastes. That Pretender song was recent and very catchy to my ear too, but again a little too bright.

Yeah I'm pretty tolerant of pop songs, and I've heard people have called some of their songs "poppy", something would have to be particularly annoying to really turn me off. I do agree with you on those two part of me doesn't really like those two songs in particular but the overall presentation wins me over.

I liked alot of their old videos, David Grohl was too good for that piece of shit Nirvana.

That's why I like the Foo Fighters, Dave's got that whole bubbling talent forced to take the back burner type of situation that I sympathize with and it's really evident with the way he performs. The guy really gives his all, I went to my first live concert ever back when they started their Wasting Light Tour in Tulsa. It was like a freaking message from God hahaha. (I mean how all these things aligned so well. New Album, Documentary to go with it, Live Tour starting in town I just so happen to be stuck in).

hey fuck you nirvana is great

Yeah, the only thing I don't like are specific fans who think it is their sworn duty to remind Grohl about that. Really it's pretty obvious he is very grateful for what he was able to do with Nirvana.

IS SOMEONE GETTING THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST OF YOU?

Yeah, they're pretty good. They're one of those bands I like, but I don't really listen to all that often. I really have to be in the mood to actively put them on, but won't complain if someone else does at any given moment.

Best of You was the first song I heard from them, I didn't know anything about the band back then but I could tell they've been around for awhile, so I'm a very very late fan of theirs.

• 1 year later...
I think these were the assholes who were making such a huge deal about being 'indie' and not very promoted during last year's awards or some shit, boasting that their music was recorded in their garage and without a studio-- yeah and your music sounds like shit too, fuck you!

ITS GREAT WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO BRAG ABOUT THAT SINCE NEARLY ALL OF THE BEST ARTISTS EVER ONLY RECORDED IN SHIT CONDITIONS CUZ THEY HAD NO CHOICE, AND TRIED AS HARD AS THEY COULD TO GET INTO A STUDIO TO RECORD

FUCKING TRENT REZNOR WAS A JANITOR AT A STUDIO AND WOULD RECORD AFTER CLOSING HOURS AS PART OF HIS PAY FOR CLEANING THE BUILDING, THAT'S HUSTLE MY PAL

Honestly I figured owen was talking about a diff band.

idk why

I see what he's talking about now tho take a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasting_Light

It doesn't seem like they said a thing about being "indie" or "not promoted" though it just sounds like they wanted to record analog instead of digital.

owen mighta just made that part up

Nah I'm not making it up. I forgot which award show (54th grammys?) it was but they brought it up like 3-4 times. The exact term 'indie' wasn't used, but they were definitely promoting a more raw approach, talking down the use of the studio and computers. I can definitely respect the idea, but their recordings still sound like shit-- especially Wasting Light, which is brickwalled out like no tomorrow. I have not heard the vinyl of it though.

the recording studio was in dave grohls house

The recording studio in Dave Grohl's house is better than a lot of recording studios that charge people a lot of money to record their music there.

Owen there's a huge difference between what you just wrote and what you first said. I'm floored if you think otherwise.