The Walking Dead

The Talentless

OMFG

Michael Rooker is back next episode. Even if he only is some sort of hallucination by Deryl. Anyhow, this episode was pretty funny, from Shane lying about Otis again to the fat zombie bursting to Korean man getting vagina. I'm thinking Sophia will be found next episode. Dead or alive.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead.

I missed the episode last weekend (caught the end of it tonight), but this one was pretty decent. I still get annoyed with how stupid some of the shit they do is. Not necessarily because of the ideas behind it, but because of how it's presented. Oh well.

I don't see why Daryl didn't just stick around that place all night. Or at least until it was night.

Michael Rooker is funny.

It's kinda nice to actually know whats going to happen this season rather than have things that never happened in the comic like the first season. I also thought Andrea took off Deryl's jaw before that commercial break, and since she's supposed to be a crack shot, I don't know why she missed, even if I do like Deryl's character.

Did anyone watch Talking Dead with Rooker last night? If so, did he say anything interesting about future involvement with his character?

Maaaan I'm really starting to hate most of the characters. Like, as people. The only ones I think are cool are Daryl and Dale. The rest are either annoying, stupid, or just...not the kind of people I'd want to be around.

It's looking like it'll end roughly on par with last season for entertainment value, though it wasn't as good from start to finish.

I want survivors dead, dammit.

Sophia was considered a survivor up until this point. You sort of kind of (but not really) got a little part of what you wanted.

The more I reflect on it, the more I enjoy that episode. It still had the presentation flaws, but way more was done right than was done wrong. It tied the whole season together, and gave closure to the Sophia fiasco for one thing. More importantly though, that final sequence gave the whole group a slap in the face with regard's to Hershel's perspective on things, and it fully exposed Shane as the coward he is. As right as he is about most things, at the end of the day he hesitated to pull the trigger (and I don't know if he ever would have done so) when it was someone he had gotten close to. This, after being so eager to shoot the other ones that he unleashed them all and gave the rest of the group no choice but to join him. Rick ultimately stepped up, and demonstrated that he's clearly more cut out to handle the new world than Shane.

The preview for the next season still has them at that damn farm though.

Edited by Ataraxis

I was actually very happy to hear the third season was scheduled for February. That's a pretty quick turn around for most networks, but for AMC it's like they figured out time travel (between the end of season one and the beginning of season two, and the end of season three and the beginning of season four, Breaking Bad had 12 and 13 month gaps respectively). Edited by Ataraxis

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm beyond finding this staying on the farm bullshit intolerable.

Yeah, I get it. It makes a lot of sense from a survival standpoint. Yes, I have been watching The Talking Dead. They've explained that they want this to be more than just your standard zombie show. They want character development. They want to do something different.

But you know what? There's a reason why no one has ever made the "And they all found a safe spot and stayed there" zombie show/movie before. Because it fucking sucks.

In a show like this, the setting development is just as important, and adds just as much (if not more) entertainment value than the characters. I want to see the world in ruins. I want them to move on. Good writers should have no troubles developing the characters as they go.

They had their opportunity with Hershel being upset and wanting them (well, Shane at least) off the farm. They've completely screwed that up and are dragging it out even more. It's not translating well. I'm only giving it one more episode before I say fuck it, then wait until the season is done and watch it all at once.

Edit: I am also disappointed with the lack of screen time for good characters. You know, like Daryl.

Edited by Ataraxis