The Walking Dead

The Talentless

Carol being in her fifties

The only significant one is Carol, I believe.

It probably doesn't help that you're overshooting her age by quite a bit. She's presented as being in her mid-forties at the most (which is actually the age of the actress who plays her), possibly (and likely) younger. Unless I'm mistaken, they wanted someone who looked significantly older to signify the toll her abusive relationship with Ed had on her.

Also, even in real life, it's not necessarily those of a weaker constitution/health that fall to any given illness the fastest. Different people turn at different rates. It's definitely more device than hole. A pretty weak one, yeah, but that's what it is. Of all the things to complain about with the series, this seems to me to be among the most laughable. Either way, it's shoddy writing. I agree.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably doesn't help that you're overshooting her age by quite a bit. She's presented as being in her mid-forties at the most (which is actually the age of the actress who plays her), possibly (and likely) younger. Unless I'm mistaken, they wanted someone who looked significantly older to signify the toll her abusive relationship with Ed had on her.

Also, even in real life, it's not necessarily those of a weaker constitution/health that fall to any given illness the fastest. Different people turn at different rates. It's definitely more device than hole. A pretty weak one, yeah, but that's what it is. Of all the things to complain about with the series, this seems to me to be among the most laughable. Either way, it's shoddy writing. I agree.

Well, I'm going off the fact that Father is 48 and he still hasn't gone full gray yet. Regardless, it's a ten year difference than in the comics, at least. Significant to me.

As far as turning rates go, I'm not saying it had anything to do with the person themselves. I would imagine the virus would turn someone who's infected by biting and shit faster than someone who wasn't. If not that, then they could at least kept an average time for it. I'm doubting its variability here.

Edited by Jackson Lacey

It's 5-10 years difference. Significant, yeah, but not as drastic as he made it out to be.

Well, I'm going off the fact that Father is 48 and he still hasn't gone full gray yet.

Yeah, like I said, it's intended to show the effects of her abusive relationship. Prolonged situations like that will grey you quicker. It's kind of a bad measuring stick.

I don't doubt the variability of the turning rate at all. They haven't even been clear on exactly what it takes for someone to become infected. They've hinted at things beyond scratches and bites in the show, but nothing is particularly solid.

They haven't even been clear on exactly what it takes for someone to become infected. They've hinted at things beyond scratches and bites in the show, but nothing is particularly solid.

They established at the end of both seasons that everyone is already infected. My gripe is that classic zombie infections (bites, scratches, blah) should cause a faster rate of turning than dying from anything else.

But then again, why would the saliva or infectiousness of a zombie cause increased turning rates if the person is already infected to begin with. There's no reason why that should ramp up the turning rate.

It just that I don't like that explanation.

That's silly; if you are running akimbo full-auto lunar spears, the last thing you will need to worry about is how to fish someone out.

Admittedly this is only an option for Danger Rangers, but anyone else isn't worth conjecturing anyhow so fk it.

Edited by Penguin Deus

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I stopped watching during season two because it was so bad, but after a friend kept telling me how much better it got, I jumped back in halfway through the first segment of season three. It's definitely been better.

As for the finale, I mean, I'm okay with it. I was entertained, and I can see a couple good directions they could take things. I don't think it played out very well as a season finale, by which I mean it makes the season feel cut short, but it was fine as an episode.

I missed a few episodes, so I don't always know what's going on. I just can't commit to the series anymore.

• 1 year later...

Going back into a zombie infested Atlanta for a bag of shotguns when you walk past slews of dead soldiers, M4's and ammo; still piss me off about this show from Season 1's beginning.

shotguns r op as fuck. M4's are known for not killing things dead… 5.56 is relatively high velocity, tends to go straight through targets. Penetration is ideal for disabling live people, because ouch. But utterly inferior vs zermbies. If they were kalishnakov's you might have a leg to stand on (becoz tumbling ballistic, post-entry=exit wounds of horror, or enough to at least make them crawl for it…)

Shotty's, on the other hand, kill things dead and don't need to be aimed or anything. On top of being vastly more reliable, and 12-gauge ammo being about as accessible as the average mcdonalds.

Show was dece… which is saying something coming from me, not much of a zombie enthusiast… FWIW i'd rather watch "Bite Me"