The Walking Dead

The Talentless

Watched the first season when it originally aired last year. Loved every episode, even though some parts went little slow. Later that Christmas I bought the first compendium, found out that the show diverged away from the comic series by quite a lot. Nevertheless I'm still waiting for the second compendium.

Anyhow, season two premiere, I was underwhelmed. Maybe it was the lack of new characters introduced for the first episode of the season, but it just doesn't seem like too much happened. They also had way too many commercials, which is bad on amc's part. At least they said they were going to get back on track with the comic series, and the farmhouse setting is coming up next episode.

Patiently awaiting next sunday. Really wish they hadn't of done away with Michael Rooker's character. Hopefully they haven't.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think there's a good chance that their going to the farmhouse next seeing as how carl got shot, we can't really say for sure since the creators specifically wanted to have a lot of turns and differences from the comic. They did it on purpose so that the people that read the book would still get something fresh, while the people that watched the show can still get surprised when they read the book. For all we know, they could make the farmer be the one who shoots carl, as opposed to Otis. Even still, they could probably just pass through the farm altogether. If there is a farm.

Where did they say that they were gonna follow the book? A friend told me that Andrea begins to get surgical with a sniper rifle. In that short glimpse of her holding the sniper rifle (seeing as how they gave her so much shit for holding onto her own gun), I wonder if they're going to go into that at all.

I can't remember where I read that, but it was around the time when I read they were gonna push back the premiere til this month. That was sometime earlier this year. Course, just cause they said that doesn't mean it's true. Shane only is still alive. I figured they wanted to expand more on the Shane and Lori, which I don't mind. After reading the comics I treat the series as sort of a what if thing.

As for the gun, Shane did say something about people needing training with guns, which became a large aspect in the series, in which later Andrea became a life saver in many situations. We'll probably be seeing that once Carl recovers. Or if he recovers, if its anything like the series in at least spirit.

@Ninety- Last year they always played the previous episode before the new one, back to back. You should be good.

@Eng- Yeah, Chris Hardwick said it was the best episode of the series so far, and I couldn't disagree more.

I'm also a little worried because...

Michael Rooker's character loses his hand in the first season, but that's an aspect for Rick in later issues of the comic. I don't know what to think because Rick needs to lose his hand, but at the same time they already did a bit with someone losing thier hand, and if that's there way of paying homage to the comics, it'd be redundant to see it happen again.
Edited by Jackson Lacey

I really, really hated how many commercials were in the "90-min season premire" which diluted it to the regular half-hour show.

I also hated the episode, and I'm really hoping they get better. However due to the after show deal where Mr.Man said it was his fav. Episode.. I don't expect much.

Well, the episode wasn't terrible; just like the first one where it was underwhelming. But again, not a whole lot happened. I guess they don't feel like cramming in a lot of content when they have 13 episodes to work with instead of 6.

My guess is that Hershel's big secret at his barn isn't going to be seen in the series. If they do, I bet they'll reveal it at the end of the third episode.

I was kinda ticked off about the fat guy getting killed, he was allright. He had his shit together. But it was good for character development of shane. I also liked when the girlfriend/wife chick got through to the main guy about how shitty living in a zombie apocalypse and how death appears to be a better path. Overall it's getting better and has some good character dynamics.