Forum Skin Problems

Harakiri Tiger

So, I figured I'd make a topic explaining the sections of the forum that some skins can't access. I don't know if I'll be able to fix them, to be honest. At least not with any amount of rapidity. If something goes wrong with a skin and the page you're trying to load freaks out, just hit the "Back" button on your browser.

As of right now, I've set the Blog, Gallery, and Downloads section to force all users to use the "IP.Board Pro" skin while they're being viewed.

There are currently two "Safe" skins. These two skins will work with every feature and component of the forum. "IPB Classic Blue" and "IP.Board Pro" are the skins you want to use in case of an emergency.

Anyway, on to the custom skin information.

Aqua
- Blog causes some very minor clipping errors. Gallery has clipping errors with the header bar for each sub-gallery. Downloads also has the same clipping error as Gallery. Overall, the skin is still usable in all components.

Blue
- Works with both Downloads and Gallery almost seamlessly. Completely fails at displaying the Blog Index page and makes Blog posts almost unreadable. Avoid using it when reading Blogs.

Differences
- Works with both Downloads and Gallery almost seamlessly. Completely fails at displaying the Blog Index page and makes Blog posts almost unreadable. Avoid using it when reading Blogs.

Liberate
- Suffers clipping errors with the Blog and doesn't display the utility bar for Blogs very well. Gallery works, but it's has no solid distinguishers between albums, so it may make for a confusing navigation experience. Downloads section works perfectly.

Sage
- Sage has an unmodified utility bar for Blogs, but besides that Blogs work perfectly. Seems to work perfectly with the Gallery and Downloads sections. Overall, the skin is usable in all components.

Underlight
- Suffers from minor clipping errors in the Downloads and Blog sections, but otherwise seems to work very well. Gallery seems to work well. Like Liberate, though, it has no clear distinguishers between albums; thus making navigation confusing. Overall, the skin works in all components.

Webber Enhanced
- Works perfectly with the Gallery and Downloads section. But suffers from unmodified utility bars in the Blogs section, like most skins. Overall, the skin is usable in all components.

I'll see about getting these things fixed, but don't expect it to happen in a short period of time.

Regards,

-Niji T.