New Drawing Finished.

Nomrah

I've finally managed to finish my first drawing in a long while. Lately it's been more difficult to find time to dedicate to drawing, so I'm proud to have finished this latest work after several months of on and off drawing. This was done in one of my smaller sketchbooks with various pencils and a blending stick. It's another "monster" drawing meant to serve as a concept for one of my projects that I hope to accomplish someday. Please let me know what you think.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Nomrah/humanine.jpg

The pencils I use for my work are a 0.5 mechanical pencil for the details, and a set of Staedtler pencils of the darkest shades (7B and 8B) which I use to darken desired areas, as well as a blending stick for that for mixing and smoothing my shading. I love the look of charcoals though, after scanning the image when I got around to tweaking the brightness/contrast I went ahead and darkened the tones a little for a greatly desired visual effect. The original was already dark as it was, but I just could not resist the pure black sections that came out when adjusting the lighting. I am planning on getting charcoal pencils sometime, I'd also like to try out ink.

Also thank you for the positive comments, I'm getting pumped to finish another drawing that is currently in the works of a similar horror theme. And thanks for complimenting my signature!

• 5 months later...

I've finally managed to finish my first drawing in a long while. Lately it's been more difficult to find time to dedicate to drawing, so I'm proud to have finished this latest work after several months of on and off drawing. This was done in one of my smaller sketchbooks with various pencils and a blending stick. It's another "monster" drawing meant to serve as a concept for one of my projects that I hope to accomplish someday. Please let me know what you think.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Nomrah/humanine.jpg

Creepy! Reminds me of one of those scary stories illustrations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

looks lovecraftian. wonderful!

edit: in fact i'd be willing to bet this was inspired directly by lovecraft's writing. one of the 'dog-faced ghouls' maybe?

I've actually never looked into anything lovecraft, but the dog faced ghouls sound sick. I'll have to check into that.

• 5 months later...