Bigger Images

Nomrah

Lately photobucket has been shrinking images that I upload, it didn't used to do that. I'm just curious what other image hosting sites I could use that wouldn't automatically re-size my pictures. If I upload an image of a certain size, I want it to be that size, this shrinkage is very disappointing.

Make sure your images are under 1mb. Jpeg compression is extremely efficient and you'll lose mostly only color depth up to half the file size before you start seeing macroblock artifacts as a result of the compression.

How large of an image are we talking about? Any transparency?

PB used to do that to me as well so I switched to tinypic. TP seems to only do it for really tall images.

Tried TP, works great, I uploaded the same images I did to PB and this time TP did not shrink them. Thanks a lot for the recommendation, check hot women thread for more babes, your reward man!

Make sure your images are under 1mb. Jpeg compression is extremely efficient and you'll lose mostly only color depth up to half the file size before you start seeing macroblock artifacts as a result of the compression.

How large of an image are we talking about? Any transparency?

I work to keep them under 300kb, even at 100kb photobucket shrinks the image. I'm pretty sure in my case photobucket is shrinking them according to dimensions, the dimensions on the images tend to be a bit large, such as posting an image of my desktop.

Edited by Nomrah

That brings me to my next question. I am not having any success making a tinypic account, I click join now and it simply tells me to make a photobucket account. I've tried logging into tinypic using my photobucket info but that doesn't work either. At this point I do not have a tinypic account, therefore I cannot create a gallery of images, and I read that images not associated with an account on tinypic will be deleted in 90 days. So now I tried Imgur, but I don't like the fact it does not simply open the picture by itself, instead it brings you to an imgur page where you then proceed to click the picture, I want my images to open seamlessly.

I'm pretty sure in my case photobucket is shrinking them according to dimensions, the dimensions on the images tend to be a bit large, such as posting an image of my desktop.

You must have a massive desktop then, because my desktop is a pretty decent size, and photobucket never resizes the screencaps for me (after I compress to fit under 1mb, of course)

I took this cap just now:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/Screen-Shot-2011-12-11-at-536.jpg

I'm thinking you either don't know how to properly compress your pictures, are using some kind of weird file type, or there's some kind of browser settings/cookies that don't agree with photobucket.

My desktop image I try to upload is a JPEG, the size is 133kb and the dimensions are 1280x1024. My process is that I open it up in photoshop and when I save for web I am able to adjust the quality, after I did that the file size on my desktop image is only 133kb. Maybe its due to the fact that I currently have a good amount of images saved on my photobucket account, maybe after a certain limit they start cracking down on your files.

@Ninety, I've been reading up on this tinypic account thing, evidently others are having the same troubles that I am. It seems after photobucket took over tinypic it kind of screwed up the login account procedure, atleast thats what I've read so far. I've changed my password and such to no avail, Tinypic simply does not recognize my photobucket info.

Edited by Nomrah