Chat Is Borked

Magnus

Right now it looks like $40/month.

I can afford it, but I gotta make sure there aren't other options that are cheaper and still good. Though this one seems to have everything, which is nearly a miracle because almost every dedicated chat software like this has died over the years.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot of money. I'm sure that if even 10 of us donate like 2 bucks a month we could easily cut ur costs down. As long as the chat is real cool. I'm personally not up for paying more than like 2 bucks a month though. Edited by Mom

Well, it'll probably be a day or two before I can get another chat option up. For now you guys will just have to use TS and ACUi secret chat.

Kortok and LS recommended just using my Twitch chatroom for now. It's not such a bad idea until I get the other chat installed and stuff. Here's the link for whoever wants it. It's a lot easier than using ACUi or TS I think.

Niji Twitch Chat

I'll be on twitch and TS, since they're easier to keep track of for me.

My vote is fuck $40/month.

You could also use Chatzy, it has p much the same features, aside from logs as ChatBlazer, it's free, but it's outside hosted.

Discord is a p obvious option, however, comma space, because of it's voice chat features; which would basically eliminate the need for a TS server.

Edited by Donald J. Trump

Yup

I suggest if we're gonna do Discord, add a thing for the forum profiles to put in Discord code or however that works.

I'm still lazily dicking around with it.

Niji's discord por favor

^ I made a server just to dick around with things. Link shouldn't expire.

If someone gives me the image files I can try seeing how to upload them to a created server.

There is a limit of 50 custom emojis.

Edited by Donald J. Trump

Yeah my vote's with discord. You can use it in a browser which is the biggest thing, shows who's online, has lots of options for notifications, custom emojis, link previews, no ridiculous monthly fee. The only downside is I'm guessing there's no way to have it tie to the forum so clicking chat link takes you to discord chat with your username and everything ready to go; you'll probably have to sign up separately.

ChatBlazer is looking like not an option anyway. It seems that their off-site hosted $40 plan doesn't let the service integrate with IPB. I'd have to buy an enterprise server license for that feature, which is probably some unfathomably large sum of money.

I was thinking on it last night while watching BW. I could upgrade the old FlashChat hosting on ACUi so it's not as laggy, give it an SSL certificate so it's on https and then put a big red message on the sign-in/register page that tells people to not use their real passwords when they sign up for it.

The other option seems to be a Discord channel yeah.

It's up to you guys which one you want to go with.

ChatBlazer is looking like not an option anyway. It seems that their off-site hosted $40 plan doesn't let the service integrate with IPB. I'd have to buy an enterprise server license for that feature, which is probably some unfathomably large sum of money.

I was thinking on it last night while watching BW. I could upgrade the old FlashChat hosting on ACUi so it's not as laggy, give it an SSL certificate so it's on https and then put a big red message on the sign-in/register page that tells people to not use their real passwords when they sign up for it.

The other option seems to be a Discord channel yeah.

It's up to you guys which one you want to go with.

What if someone already used a password related to their real password?

https://discord.gg/4yN4kkR <- Me, 90, TM, LS, Tana, and EB

So far

Remove me from that list.

No

Stop being an autist, I told you I created/deleted the extra channels to show EB what I meant when I was telling him extra channels can be created.

Niji is going to moderate it if/when he shows up.

You can swap ownership permissions as easily as anything else.