Chat Is Borked

Magnus

I've already got a discord set up with rooms, roles, permissions, etc. I just had to poop while I waited for people to post if they wanted a discord or a repeat old flashchat, haha. The flashchat will definitely take more work, money, and be less safe.

It's up to you guys what you wanna use.

Now I gotta go fill up the shelves and cooler.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and stick with Discord for a while for now. We'll see where we go from here later on. It's less stressful this way for now. I'll update the top navigation bar link to go to the discord ACU chat room later tonight. Everything should be in working order then.

To be brutally honest, a chat hosted on site is near the only reason why the site is still a community. Without the chat on site, near no reason to have the site.

Nah fuck this noise we could just go with a return to glory for General Chat.

All most people do is idle anyway so it shouldn't really cause much change in number of posts.

:sludge:

I don't have a vote since I'm not going to like the chosen path no matter what. :wiggle:

Ok, all the skins have updated Chat button links. They all redirect to the Discord channel I made. We'll run with that for a while and see how well it holds up. If it doesn't work out I'll spend millions of dollars to make you all feel bad for me spending millions of dollars. The Discord chat also has voice chat channels I made that can be used to replace TeamSpeak, so if the TS server goes down you can use those. There's a dedicated channel for RL and for WoT already made if you people end up needing it cuz too many people on at once. The TS server will stay up though, since it's really low impact on my PC.

I also cleaned up Soc so it has only Chat button instead of two. Only Ata probably knows what I'm talking about when it comes to Soc. :nyasu:

I also cleaned up Soc so it has only Chat button instead of two. Only Ata probably knows what I'm talking about when it comes to Soc. :nyasu:

It should have three buttons now. Just keep adding more with each new chat.

And I can't seriously be the only one using the best skin on the board.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
If you can't get into chatrooms on Discord try restarting your Discord app on phone, program on desktop, or entire browser if you use browser version. It could be the Discord servers that are down when you're trying to use it too. That happened a few days ago.

yeah that was definitely a maintenance period.

obviously my vote goes to:

Nah fuck this noise we could just go with a return to glory for General Chat.

All most people do is idle anyway so it shouldn't really cause much change in number of posts.

:sludge:

I don't have a vote since I'm not going to like the chosen path no matter what. :wiggle:

• 1 month later...