Shin Megami Tensei

Ataraxis

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my shit together by the time I got to Orthus. My biggest issues were during the recruitment task. If I messed up the recruitment, it'd just hand the reigns over to the demons and that was the end of me. That actually felt rougher than Nocturne for me.

I had read some reviews and comments that said the characters were flat, and I couldn't disagree more. The dialogue is pretty good and the voice acting is great. Music is dope too. This game is the first that I've put any real time into my 3DS with, and I've gotta say I'm really impressed with the audio in general. I don't know if that's more the game or system.

I'll admit that the characters aren't as good as the nocturne ones so far

the demi-fiend might be the single greatest silent protagonist I've ever seen, and that game was the absolute best at doing the most with the least in terms of getting you to understand the characters and motivations

I still don't see how they're flat tho aside from isabeau and protag

if you played nocturne on hard mode omg lol its worse than that first recruitment task easily

you would die in the opening learning how to play the game fight half the time such bullshit

The audio is great. To me, it's sounds like it's coming from both. I'm glad they have a different composer for the music, it sounds fresh.

I like most of the characters, voice acting is good for the most part. Isabeau is pretty flat and annoying though. Like come on, seriously?

Edited by Clones

Yeah when I saw it wasn't same composer I was about to flip but honestly the music has been pretty solid. Fits the moods.

I do miss all the electric guitar tho. shoji meguro is one of my all-time faves.

it's sad tho about isabeau so far cuz like this game could really use a strong female character. All the other SMT games are loaded with them (like more than any other rpg tbh).

oh cool I gotta cop all that today then

that david fight was a pain in the ass I basically just kept redoing it til I got lucky

I've been trying not to abuse the grinding things tho cuz I wanted to play the game the way it was intended on the first run

that being said I still used the white samurai outfit even tho that's practically wild cheating

so I guess I got no moral ground to stand on lol

I'M ONLY USING MY AMAZON COAT BECAUSE I REDEEMED THE CODE AND I DON'T KNOW WHY MAY AS WELL FKN WEAR IT.

Usually cosmetic shit like that I just give away or trade for something because some people really want it for some reason. I've looked at the white samurai stuff and it doesn't look so good that I'd call it cheating.

Also the new SYMBOLIC EQUIPMENT isn't actually free (like it said last night). It's like 0.99. I haven't been getting the paid DLC lol, might do it on a different playthrough. I heard the EXP one breaks the game big time.

I'M ONLY USING MY AMAZON COAT BECAUSE I REDEEMED THE CODE AND I DON'T KNOW WHY MAY AS WELL FKN WEAR IT.

Usually cosmetic shit like that I just give away or trade for something because some people really want it for some reason. I've looked at the white samurai stuff and it doesn't look so good that I'd call it cheating.

Also the new SYMBOLIC EQUIPMENT isn't actually free (like it said last night). It's like 0.99. I haven't been getting the paid DLC lol, might do it on a different playthrough. I heard the EXP one breaks the game big time.

what amazon coat? I want one

also the white samurai shit is uber broken for the beginning its better than ayazuya gear which you don't get til you can get into lower naraku

basically you gotta be like lvl 18-20 before you start seeing gear that's almost as good as the white samurai stuff

real talk the exp grind dlc is the most broken thing ever and frankly I'd recommend against playing it at all except to run over to the guy and get the Oread. Otherwise avoid it on the first playthru cuz it will take all the bite out of the game. I didn't realize this til I was walking around in it and gaining levels every fight and told myself nah this isn't cool

once you don't care about the megaten experience as much def grind it out and get lvl 100 in a few hours

lol

The Amazon coat is the one I got for pre-ordering through Amazon. It's coloured like a cardboard box and has swooshes and barcodes on it. Actually doesn't look as dumb as it sounds, but definitely doesn't look as cool as you were probably thinking when you read "Amazon" huh?

http://www.siliconer...amazon-u-s-too/

And yeah I get what you mean now. As far as gear goes it's good through like 20 levels.

damn that's pretty sweet.

Yeah the white samurai gear blows out all the stuff you can buy through the Ahazuya shit (or however it's spelled). It's all good tho cuz frankly I don't like the blue samurai outfit anyways it looks dumb.

i want to play this I got into a good groove last night but I was way too tired to play much more than I did. I'm at that part where you take an elevator to some area? I forget the names now but it looked weird. My main dood is like lvl 18 or 19 right now if that helps.

I'm also supposed to be taking an elevator to some area, and my dude is at 17. Something about people who don't bathe or shit (nah I know what they were talking about). I was kinda thinking I'd be far behind/overleveled because I spent quite a bit of time running around trying out different demons. I always do that early on and I don't really know why.

How far are you in Naraku? Also, I was getting like 6 exp from that DLC grind quest. Those Light Grimorie's never fucking dropped, I ended up getting the 10 to get Oread. The money DLC quest is fucking broken. Easy money right there, like killing a... angry red thing gives you an item that is worth 10,000 macca.

I'm pretty far in the game IMO. My guys are either high 20s or low 30s now.

Haha, man, you're having the opposite experience from everyone else I've seen comment. They'd get to level 99 in an hour or two, but the cash one wasn't giving much. I think I'm done with Naraku. Right now I'm getting murdered by

Medusa.

I dunno where that puts me, honestly.

You're still pretty close to the beginning I think. I personally think I'm like a quarter or getting close to halfway through the game. Shit's getting intense on my end of things. Also I figured out a lovely evolution line recently. Fucking love evolution.

Yeah, I am still pretty close to the beginning. I'd be disappointed if I wasn't, I think. I am definitely out of Naraku now, though, and things have really started to pick up. I'm also finally getting to the point where I can give my demons skillsets that work very well with their natural abilities. Plus I got the EXP boost skill on a couple that were taking forever to learn all their crap. I hate fusing up before I see everything they can do.

I got my first evolution just before this post, too. Would have been a good one to get before I beat that last thing, haha.

The MP replenishing app has made my life way easier, too (I went for magic yeh w/e). I spent all my early ones into having more demon slots. Kinda regret that.

I haven't had anything evolve yet but I murdered idiot medusa. Honestly only boss who made me rage so far was that fucking David fuck him

otherwise yeah good times. I'm thinking me and Keanu have been taking a similar pace to this game (1-2 hours a day tops, sometimes none)

Also good looks Clones I got that 30 dollars off eshop and bought that DLC also gonna look into some games or something idk might fuck around and get ocarina of time 3ds cuz i mean why not?

I really want an rpg tho so i'll look into those first, that or link to the past/sm64/smb3 but I didn't see any of those so fuck it

or i'll just wait for more DLC to throw money at lol