Shin Megami Tensei

Ataraxis

I've been using that $30 for the DLC that comes out, I'm more or less waiting for a game to go on sale.

Wait, you can get Ocarina of Time of the eShop? I should get on that.

I've been playing like 3-4 hours a day. Although most of that time is spent doing the odd challenge quest here and there.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I merced David pretty hard tbh. He's killed me a lot in the past so it was a nice change of pace. I hadn't saved for a long time before I triggered the fight, either. It could have been so bad.

Yeah PD we seem to be going at the same rate.

I spent part of my eShop cred on games I scoped before I even bought a 3DS. Gunman Clive and Crimson Shroud. Haven't tried either one yet but it's so easy to justify when it's unexpected money. I'll probably just stick to small digital titles.

david rolled me like 6-7 times in a row lol

I just want a nekomata tbh

im digging the pace tho so far I would like to play more but taking it this slow has given me a chance to appreciate the little things more which i can sometimes overlook

oh uhh also I haven't been paying attention to anyone else's experiences I think you already know how I feel about other message boards like gamefaqs in general: 99% waste of time sinces guides are only useful for hard data and boards are almost entirely covered with ppl who are really bad at the (any) game whether they want to accept that or not

Only reason I play so much is cuz it's summer time and I have a part time job. The game has some superb pacing though. Nothing is being thrown at you or being dragged on.

Remember that demon I had that I said evolved? Well he's about to evolve a third time. Fucking love it. Like Christmas only demonic.

The only shit I've looked at other boards for was how the DLC played out. GFAQs is trash and every time I go there I want to make an "I read it on GameFAQs" topic filled with all the stupid shit I see. I always opt not to 'cuz I don't want to leave too much of that here. I've started to see the humour in it more lately, though.

But yeah, the pacing has been very good. Every time I feel like I'm ready to move on, the game moves on.

I do have to go back to Naraku to do a quest a random demon gave me, though. The game keeps telling me it would be too hard at my current level and I should reconsider. That's fkn intimidating.

yeah wild easy

he's fkn pussy compared to wu kong in every other game and the one u fuse

he's almost always mid-high to high tier but the one u fight he's pussy tier

I was killing him during the first round every time (u gotta fight him 3 times)

also the prize sword is ass

Yeh the Wu Kong one is the only one that the game has given me a warning for, though. I did the David one pretty much right away, but I was stacked on Zio and everything just came together really nicely for me. It was almost like I was built specifically to fight him.

The opposite is true of Medusa, where I was pretty much weak to everything she threw at me. My Hooligan was the only one that was set up decent, and even then I had to try some other options. I got lucky on a skill morph that made him go from decent to basically immune.

I think he only went for Blight on me once and tried to Mudo the rest of the time and got blocked hard. That's simultaneously one of the best and most frustrating things with the battle system in these games, IMO. If things go well you feel unstoppable, stacking attacks and shutting your opponents down. Things go wrong and it can go the other way in a hurry.

I think he only went for Blight on me once and tried to Mudo the rest of the time and got blocked hard. That's simultaneously one of the best and most frustrating things with the battle system in these games, IMO. If things go well you feel unstoppable, stacking attacks and shutting your opponents down. Things go wrong and it can go the other way in a hurry.

I like this kind of battle system cuz it makes the game nice and easy and stress-free as long as you're paying attention. It also punishes playing lazy real hard.

Edit: Wait till you're level 37 PD.

just talk about demons that are cool then since that's not spoilerish tbh. Yeah I saw senri is 25 neko is like 37

Daphne is kinda hot in a creepy way

idk how i feel about fucking a tree

wouldn't stop me tho

angel basically evolves all the way up its chain if you keep them the whole time, for what that's worth fuck that tree most times tho

tree as in evolution tree not daphne, altho i'd fk her too

I never knew Angel evolved. I know Archangel evolves.

Black Frost is pretty good. Those resistance's come in reealllll nice when fighting bosses. I was very tempted in getting Daphne, but then I was like "Naw, I'll pass."

i got her cuz i had ppl who could turn into her lol

a makara and an apis i think, idk off top but it was worth it anyways

ya angel -> archangel -> principality -> power -> throne -> cherub or some shit

i don't see myself hanging on to any angel that long tho to evolve it all the way up if it happens it happens otherwise fuck it. It's not like in nocturne where evolved things can only be caught/evolved and there's no other way to make them.

black frost is like always god tier

dood doesn't play

dood runs a prison in nocturne

I'm at Virtue right now for that chain. I'll probably keep it till the last evolution then fuse it into something better.

I know I have Ose right now, he seems a little different looking though. Like the green thing he has looks a little different. Idk.

the thong? He used to wear a green thong

men love wearing thongs in SMT lol look at thor

virtue should be like after power i might have the order wrong iirc they were following celestial hierarchy for the evolution order so ya...follow that and u'll prolly get it

I'm pretty sure and first two and last two tho

angel and archangel are first and second and throne and cherub are last

angel -> archangel -> principality -> power -> virtue -> dominion -> throne -> cherub i bet thats it

so BDSM chick with wings and no panties on -> loser dood with a flag on his head -> goofy guygirl with a stick -> other sissy dood with red armor -> lame greek boy with a heart for a stomach -> goofy guygirl with a book -> loser stuck to a wheel -> idk but if its new style smt4 art prolly abstract as fuck

oh i remember now its the little guy in the cool hat sitting on the cool throne on a cloud that was cherub

figures the only cool one is the one i forgot

aside from angel that's hot.

I like this kind of battle system cuz it makes the game nice and easy and stress-free as long as you're paying attention. It also punishes playing lazy real hard.

Yeh werd that too. I've picked up a lot of lazy habits over the years and this really exposes them.

My Jack Frost and Kabuso wanted to evolve but I was like nah fk that I'm fusing you bastards.

I have Daphne. I'm not afraid of a chick with some wood.

i dont wanna get crying game'd but at the same time i wont judge someone for fkn a plank

i dont have a jack frost yet but i got the jack o lantern or w/e

i actually kinda hate those guys aside from raiho and black frost but w/e

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121222004318/megamitensei/images/e/ee/Raiho_Offical_Artwork.png

idk if he's in this game prolly not he's like one of Raidou's buddies/fans

Raiho is the fucking man tho cuz he even copied the sideburns

That's fucking awesome.

Actually with Ose, it's the thing around his neck. Wasn't it like this open sort of cape? Idk, looks different when compared to the other versions of him.

I need to fuse this fucking Palisbug guy, got him after trying to recruit a demon higher then me. This is like the third time it's happened, you'd think I'd have learned by now. :/