FCS+Tuning

mhyug

does it really matter what fcs we use??i mean per say for s ranking a certain mission on hard, how do we select the fcs??is it based on our ac build+mission+combat style??

then there is the frs part of the fcs.what do we foucs on at the acusitions tab?does tuning effect the way we take damage??i.e resistance to it?or we just focus on dumping the pts on energy, damage and speed(as per some guides ive been reading)?

so I'll explain you from what I know about instead,

- if your FCS mean the point(s) that you'll get for each mission, I'd says...... first, it called "FRS points".

- each mission in hard mode will gave you 6 points per mission if you can reach the "S" rank. (if you'd got "A" you'll got 5 points, "B" will gave you 4 points, "C" will gave you 3 points, "D" will gave you 2 points and you'll got only 1 point if you got rank "E")

- you can using these points that you'd got to tuning your stuffs in tuning menu. (like EN cap, EN output, QB side, etc...)

- maximum points = 442 points. so you'll also get the points by playing missions in normal mode, some rankers, or by stories.

that's all my stuffs.

so I'll explain you from what I know about instead,

- if your FCS mean the point(s) that you'll get for each mission, I'd says...... first, it called "FRS points".

- each mission in hard mode will gave you 6 points per mission if you can reach the "S" rank. (if you'd got "A" you'll got 5 points, "B" will gave you 4 points, "C" will gave you 3 points, "D" will gave you 2 points and you'll got only 1 point if you got rank "E")

- you can using these points that you'd got to tuning your stuffs in tuning menu. (like EN cap, EN output, QB side, etc...)

- maximum points = 442 points. so you'll also get the points by playing missions in normal mode, some rankers, or by stories.

that's all my stuffs.

actually what i meant is the FCS + tuning and (NOT the info about FRS pts wch i know where to get and what it is)

my topic title is about the FCS and the tuning part.sorry for any confusion but im well aware of what youve just posted.also this is for AC4.

its a comby.i need some info on the FCS (wch type to use and etc, ups/downs) and the tuning part(where those FRS pts is best used).

Edited by mhyug

The big stats for FCS in AC4 are radar and lock ranges, lock speeds, and dual processing. The ranges and speeds are pretty obvious for the most part, however you should know that lock range scales when you're trying to lock on the something that is behind terrair/buildings. This actually gives the longer ranged FCS's an advantage over the short range ones in close combat in certain cituations.

Dual processing applies when you're trying to attack with two arm weapons. The tracking ability of your weapons is reduced (compared to the single weapon case) by some amount specified by the dual processing value. A melee fighter with machine guns will want high dual processing all the time since their weapons will perform better when they can constantly keep a lock on. A sniper may or may not find it necessary since it doesn't really matter if he can't keep a lock on between shots, the sniper just needs to be able to line up on the target when he wants to shoot.

As far as tuning goes, I don't generally tune the FCS. ENO should always be tuned to max, and some of the arm stats and booster stats make a bigger difference then the FCS does. FCS tuning really comes down to the specific AC you're building.

On FCS selection, again the actual AC you're building is important. Building around a FCS alone doesn't really make sense. There are multiple ways of S ranking missions, so I can't really give a general answer there. What mission are you trying to S?

The big stats for FCS in AC4 are radar and lock ranges, lock speeds, and dual processing. The ranges and speeds are pretty obvious for the most part, however you should know that lock range scales when you're trying to lock on the something that is behind terrair/buildings. This actually gives the longer ranged FCS's an advantage over the short range ones in close combat in certain cituations.

Dual processing applies when you're trying to attack with two arm weapons. The tracking ability of your weapons is reduced (compared to the single weapon case) by some amount specified by the dual processing value. A melee fighter with machine guns will want high dual processing all the time since their weapons will perform better when they can constantly keep a lock on. A sniper may or may not find it necessary since it doesn't really matter if he can't keep a lock on between shots, the sniper just needs to be able to line up on the target when he wants to shoot.

As far as tuning goes, I don't generally tune the FCS. ENO should always be tuned to max, and some of the arm stats and booster stats make a bigger difference then the FCS does. FCS tuning really comes down to the specific AC you're building.

On FCS selection, again the actual AC you're building is important. Building around a FCS alone doesn't really make sense. There are multiple ways of S ranking missions, so I can't really give a general answer there. What mission are you trying to S?

very insightfull info thx man.as of current im left about with +/-17 more to go.il post more on the missions when im really hittng the wall, for now il keep tweaking and trying on my own.the info on the parts and tuning really is helpful.i think i have a better idea now on the direction i shuld head.

actually what i meant is the FCS + tuning and (NOT the info about FRS pts wch i know where to get and what it is)

my topic title is about the FCS and the tuning part.sorry for any confusion but im well aware of what youve just posted.also this is for AC4.

its a comby.i need some info on the FCS (wch type to use and etc, ups/downs) and the tuning part(where those FRS pts is best used).

oops. sorry.