Website Won't Load

Magnus

I don't know why. I just keep getting 'page not found.' I also know it's my computer or connection. I tried a laptop, and it connected fine. Then I tried a proxy on my desktop, and that's how I'm posting right now. But just trying to directly connect, I can't.

Halp.

Just unplug your modem (not router) and count to five, then plug it back in. It'll reset your IP unless you're on a dedicated IP from your ISP, which is rare as it costs a good bit more money to get a dedicated IP. FiOS and college campus connections tend to have dedicated IP addresses.

Our server runs an anti-spam and security firewall called ModSecurity. There is nothing that I can do about it as it's something our host runs to maintain a higher level of safety with their servers. The reason you got banned is because you spammed or used a spambot keyword too many times. ModSecurity will automatically ban your IP as soon as you say any strange keyword too many times, though this only happens when it matches strange PHP code. That's why some people can say some words and other people can't. It checks more than just your text, in essence.

I'm trying to get all the rules we're tripping whitelisted, but that requires that we trip rules and that I have your IP to submit to the server maintenance crew after the rule is tripped.

You'll just have to learn to enjoy getting banned for extremely nonsense words, just think of it like bondage. I've already been IP banned 8-10x.

There is no telling if it'll happen to you or not.

It catches different words from different people. Typically 3x in under 5 minutes will IP ban you. This also happens on the forums. I've been banned for trying to edit posts and for trying to type the wrong words into posts before. In chat you'll know that it doesn't want you typing it because it will eat the line. If you see it eat the line, try typing "a" and seeing if that goes through. If the "a" goes through, then you are not lagging and ModSecurity has eaten your line. Do not keep tying it or you will get IP banned. On the forum you may get an index error or your post may just be "posting" forever when you try to post it. If the forum still works but for some reason you cannot post, it's probably ModSecurity blocking your post for some reason.

In chat you'll know that it doesn't want you typing it because it will eat the line. If you see it eat the line, try typing "a" and seeing if that goes through.

Hmm, that might be why my links will sometimes refuse to post in chat.

Edited by Nomrah

Ata might have gotten the boot too.

Nah, I just started to lag and said fuck it. Who has time for that shit, right?

I guess it wasn't the best situation to ditch on. Chat didn't like my rendition of Foker Pace very much. That's definitely the kind of thing that'll set it off on a tantrum.

• 3 weeks later...