Armored Core's First Midnight Release (Unofficial)

Boss Savage

Thanks to Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City having a midnight release on the 20th at gamestop, I'll be able to pick up AC:V monday/tuesday night. So you could say it's an "unofficial" midnight release for AC:V. At least that's what I'm gonna call it.

So now that armored core is getting pre-order bonuses and a midnight release, do you think it's safe to say armored core is finally making it way into mainstream gaming? Probably not. But I like to think that it is. *wishful thinking*

Now with everything being said. Who here is gonna pick up AC:V during the midnight release? I'm sure a lot of you (including myself) are dying to get there hands on AC:V as soon as possible. Let me/everyone else here know.

And it wouldn't hurt to say which console you're picking it up on as well. I'll be getting it for the 360

Are the pre-order bonuses just basically free DLC? or are they actually exclusive?

I'll likely just be picking it up day of depending on work.

The bonuses are just parts already in the game unlocked early. It will probably help to beat story mode faster more than anything.

I'll be on the midnight release train (PST though)... I'm getting it at walmart. Our Gamestop is in a mall so no midnight release through them. Boss I need to get you back on my friends list. This is AZN. ;) Send me a msg on XBL if you are interested and I'll make a spot for you. Edited by GodlyPerfection

I'll be on the midnight release train (PST though)... I'm getting it at walmart. Our Gamestop is in a mall so no midnight release through them. Boss I need to get you back on my friends list. This is AZN. ;) Send me a msg on XBL if you are interested and I'll make a spot for you.

Yo no prob. I'll have to remove someone as well. I feel like I have 90% of the Ac community on my friends list.

By virtue of Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City coming out (and getting a midnight release), looks like anybody planning on getting their pre-order of ACV should be able to pick that up as well. : ) Called my local gamestop to make sure. Much fun to be had!

I will be getting it tonight for both 360 and PS3 (NA versions), feel free to friend list me on either console and join the team if you like. Yes, I have a 360 as well. IDs are under my avatar. I will post further information like team password on the forum or in chat when I get back home with ACV NA versions. It'll likely be team name "ACU" and password "niji" for both consoles though.

Also, about the parts. I recently PM'd a buddy about them since he asked so I might as well quote it and mention it here.

Yah, it's pretty simple actually. You unlock parts in the shop via just gaining team level, which is raised by earning team points. You get team points from basically everything except for practice matches and free matches. I can't remember just how many team points it took to get to level 50, but I know you can get like 1000 team points per run of the first mission and you can get way more from successful territory invasion missions due to the betting/multiplier system. It's honestly really easy to get to level 50. I got team ACU on JP version to 50 in like 4 hours or so solo when ACV was released. Level 50 unlocks all parts, as far as I've been able to tell.

Remember this only applies to the team shop where you buy parts, if you switch teams you won't be able to buy parts that your new team hasn't unlocked. You do get to keep what you've bought while on other teams, though. Parts you find in missions are just parts you can buy, just free since you found them instead. They also have random tuning affinities assigned to them when you pick them up.

Yes, the game does require to join or be on a team. The only way to not be on a team is to join a team then get booted off the team by the team leader. Then you'll be teamless, but that also shuts down access to like 50% of the menus in the game. Haha. You can't create a team and retain the team while being on someone else's team at the same time, no. You'd have to join ACU team, do stuff, then create your own team.

One thing you can do is use a second PSN account to create your team, then join team ACU with your main account and get parts/etc. When you're ready, you can join your placeheld team and just give your main account leader position. Kind of a roundabout way of it, but it works if you have a second PSN account.

Also, JP ACU team won't work for anyone since the servers are apparently split. No one on NA version will be able to join it, haha. I'm buying the NA version of ACV for 360 and PS3 tomorrow morning, though. ACU should still be available by the time you login and I should have the team level 50 before noon central time on PS3 side, since I plan on focusing on that side first.

So, for those of you who want quick access to parts team ACU should be level 50 on PSN very quickly (less than 4 hours after release) and level 50 on 360 pretty quickly after that (another 5-6 hours). That's if I do it all solo, if someone else joins the teams we can probably cut leveling time down to about 1-2 hours for each console.

I will be getting it tonight for both 360 and PS3 (NA versions), feel free to friend list me on either console and join the team if you like. Yes, I have a 360 as well. IDs are under my avatar. I will post further information like team password on the forum or in chat when I get back home with ACV NA versions. It'll likely be team name "ACU" and password "niji" for both consoles though.

Also, about the parts. I recently PM'd a buddy about them since he asked so I might as well quote it and mention it here.

So, for those of you who want quick access to parts team ACU should be level 50 on PSN very quickly (less than 4 hours after release) and level 50 on 360 pretty quickly after that (another 5-6 hours). That's if I do it all solo, if someone else joins the teams we can probably cut leveling time down to about 1-2 hours for each console.

Hello,

I play on the 360 (although am completely new to AC: V, not so much the series as a whole),

I would be happy to help level up some stuff since I got a midnight release from Gamestop.

Yah, server has us relatively locked out of the game still. I guess Namco has set some kind of specific release time. I just hope it doesn't reset our accounts (emblems, paint, etc) cuz I spent a good bit of time copying down all my paint data from the JP version and stuff.

The game is basically shitting on everyone right now.

I have PSN ACU team up to level 50 now along with all team settings set up such as team color and team emblem.

It was a bit annoying since I am stuck with just JUNK starter parts. I didn't get any pre-order bonus parts and I also can not seem to buy any parts from the shop, so I've been stuck with 1000 surplus EN and shitty frame parts for a while now. I also am apparently not allowed to complete story missions, which isn't helping me with making money or getting team points either. It's a bit frustrating, but with the help of some mercenaries on PSN side I was able to level up fast enough I guess. The biggest disadvantage is not being able to use any standard parts. Junk parts are INCREDIBLY bad. I even switched to JP version of ACV for a bit so I could relieve some stress, hahaha.

I have 360 ACU team up to level 20 along with all team settings set up such as team color and team emblem.

The reason 360 ACU team is only level 20 instead of 50 is because I can't hold the 360 controller without cramping up and there have only been like two mercs available in the past hour. I had no idea that trying to play ACV on 360 would cause me to play at the level of a paraplegic. Combining the facts that I am horrendous with that controller, I'm limited to junk starter parts, and I have no one to help me out I just haven't been able to grind team points very fast. Right now I'm just doing invasion missions where you blow up all the turrets for 500 team points. Takes roughly 40,000 team points to get to level 50 though. I would be going much faster right now, but my mercs failed me. Got 5,000 team points and did a territory mission so I could rank up the team and start scoring 5,000 points an invasion (makes leveling really easy) and only got two mercs. Had to wait like 10min to get them both too, haha. So we go in match and one of them was basically idling with an OW back at the spawn while a handicapped starter AC (me) and this other guy (who was actually ok and had not starter parts) died to the AI+turrets. We killed three of the AI (they had all three major jammer types) then the last one ran away after we had both died. This left the match in a 1v1 between an AI that hid behind the far back corner of Mining Area near the water while our tank guy literally did loops around the starter area till the timer ran out. Idk if he was a troll or just geniunely confused/lost. Either way, we lost our first 5,000 team points so now I gotta recollect them just to try another territory mission.

To make a pointlessly long story short. It will take a bit more time for me to get 360 ACU team up to level 50.

PS: Starter parts fucking suck absolute ass. Dear God.

EDIT: 360 ACU team is now level 30. I'm gonna let my XBox rest cuz the CD tray makes a lot of noise while playing ACV for some reason. Weirding me out. I may just go to sleep, tbh. Grinding with starter parts and wacky controller and crazy mercs may have done me in.

Yeah. I'm still having that problem - unable to purchase any parts, and as Niji said the junk parts are horrible. I'm still making do with them, but, doesn't mean I like 'em. I'd really like to know when they're going to unlock the parts...