How do you get rank S?

slinky123456

How do you get an S rank in a mission. Do you have to complete all subquests? It seems rather impossible to do so, like in 00 mission, the subquests require you to beat in in 5 minutes, take less than 10000 damage, do charge attack 10 times kill more things 10 times, and defeat mini bosses one in under 2 min and another in under 30 secs. Then it requries you to back track and find all the parts, and destroy everything. Its IMPOSSIBLE to do all that in under 5 mins. Is that really how you get an S rank?

It involves main quest objectives, not subquests. You just need to do the mission cleanly. If the mission requires that you blow up a bunch of suicide bombing MTs, then you gotta blow them up yourself. You can't allow them to self-destruct cuz that wouldn't be you blowing them up, they'd be blowing themselves up. In other missions there are things like using the garage point for the tutorial or it won't give you an S rank, etc. Some missions are really annoying to S rank, though.

For the most part it just involves doing the main quest objectives as cleanly and efficiently as possible and doing all of them properly.

Which mission are you having trouble in?

I've found some of the Order missions have a minimum Au payout in order to get S Rank. I got the subquests on more than a couple and still managed to miss S by a grade or two. Repeating the missions with a high payout netted the elusive S, though.

S ranks will get you no parts. If you get all S ranks you will get an achievement and I believe an emblem, though I can't remember now. I S'd JP version pretty fast then forgot about it.

Parts are exclusively unlocked by team level, except for Overed Weapons (ULTIMATE WEAPONS in NA version of ACV).

Subquests just net you a trophy, I think. There are parts in Story Missions to be picked up, including pieces required to build the Huge Missile. Whether any of them are worth it is up to you. I think the Battle Rifle picked up in Story Mission 00 is pretty decent.

I'd like anyone's advice on how to get Subquest 2 on Order Mission 54. It requires you to defeat all enemies in two minutes or less. This is the last S-Rank/Subquest I need for the Order Missions and I've been trying for an hour or two. Frustrating!

Thanks in advance. :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. If this is posing a problem for anyone else, I recommend Autocannons and Tank Legs and a bit of luck. Never thought of that setup... -__-'

Edited by snotes