Installing ACV (Menu Performance Increase?)

gammonwalker

Has anyone tried installing the game and noticed a significant performance increase? Quicker menu response, and loading new part models in the garage would be amazing...

I don't have enough space on my 4gb (with other games) to test myself. If you guys think its a big enough improvement I think I may buy a larger capacity HD.

Yah, installing the game definitely helped me out. It auto-installs for PS3, but on 360 I had to figure out how to install it myself. Before it was installed my 360 would make a TON of noise too, now it's super quiet and the game loads most things in about half the time, which is much nicer.

On the PS3 is auto-installs I believe. On the 360 you have to install it from the XBox dashboard or whatever it's called. Before you turn on ACV on 360 you have to hit the X button for more game details/info and that'll let you install the game. I'm not sure how much HDD space the game takes up though, I never checked.