URD-36/EA

//////////////////

Erbsen (Sniper Cannon) Power

Zlatko (Sniper Rifle) Power

Surat (CE Missile)

-

Cercis (Battle Rifle) Accuracy (?)

KO-3K2 (Shotgun) Power

Quadrupeds are a heavyweight class now and much slower so I put a lot more focus on defense than I usually did in previous games. But since I'm not very experienced with HWs I'm not sure I did it right.

Now I'll admit, I've always been a bit stupid when it comes to head parts, seeing it more of an aesthetic choice for me. The Chromeye is the reincarnation of my all-time favorite head, the BEE from Silent Line, so I'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming if it needs changed.

As for weapons, I'm torn between the Salem and Erbsen cannons. The Salems higher damage may be nice, but the Erbsens fire rate may win out. I wanted something nice, mid-range, and powerful behind the cannon, something that could back up both of my l-arm weapons, so I've been flip-flipping between the Cercis and its upgrade the Lotus. I went with the Tansy as my close-range weapon, it seemed like it packed a decent enough punch. Originally I had the Geneva gatling gun but it didn't seem to cut it.

I use Lotus as it's better at sniping. Quads are all about sniping and ranged combat, so definitely focus on that kinda stuff more. Also consider bringing a sentry gun to make your positions you hold safer. You may also want to look into AST Sniper Cannons that fire multiple shots at once.

When it comes to defense the Salem Sniper cannon is a safer bet because of how many extra shots you can have and each shot does 12k. Where as the AST SC only do 5-6k a bullet and run out of ammo rather quickly. An offensive sniper quad would be a better fit for the AST SC.

A jammer could also be used instead of a one the rifles. I haven't used one yet but there are ones that jam EN output, so that would give you a chance to back pedal or just move away all together.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

When it comes to defense the Salem Sniper cannon is a safer bet because of how many extra shots you can have and each shot does 12k. Where as the AST SC only do 5-6k a bullet and run out of ammo rather quickly. An offensive sniper quad would be a better fit for the AST SC.

Oh I completely agree, but the Erbsen isn't one of the AST SCs, though after reading what I wrote I can see how that could seem like what I was implying. The Erbsen has a little less power than the Salem and the same ammo, but reloads almost twice as fast.

A Jammer huh? Now there's an interesting idea. I may definitely have to play around with that, thanks.

AST are much easier to hit with and are great for offensive invasions. Salem is more for people who set up a camping spot with a few sentry turrets first. It takes a good bit of commitment to work properly. You're better off using Railguns or Laser Cannons over Salem on your Quad if you dont' take the time to set up a good position or don't know the map well.

A defensive quad build I liked was SC + Sentry Gun (Milford/Phoenix) + Hangar Sniper Rifle + Hangar UBR-05/R. Sniper rifle over the cannon, battle rifle over the sentry gun. Use a wideshallow FCS that allows for 2-3 sentry guns placed since you don't need lockspeed (SC). For your shoulder you use either CIWS to defend from missiles while kneeling or a counter gun (auto-attack gun) to attack enemies that get near you while you're kneeling. It's best to sit near some kind of natural turret on the territory too, as that just helps add more stress to people who try to unseat your sniping position.

A jammer + sentry would drain your slot space too much and I don't think your AC is fast enough to make use of any jammer besides a defensive FCS jammer really.

AST are much easier to hit with and are great for offensive invasions. Salem is more for people who set up a camping spot with a few sentry turrets first. It takes a good bit of commitment to work properly. You're better off using Railguns or Laser Cannons over Salem on your Quad if you dont' take the time to set up a good position or don't know the map well.

A good way to set up a single shot SC is to have a LW teammate with sticky recon units and stick them to each choke point and have an operator monitor those area's at the beginning of the round.

A defensive quad build I liked was SC + Sentry Gun (Milford/Phoenix) + Hangar Sniper Rifle + Hangar UBR-05/R. Sniper rifle over the cannon, battle rifle over the sentry gun. Use a wideshallow FCS that allows for 2-3 sentry guns placed since you don't need lockspeed (SC). For your shoulder you use either CIWS to defend from missiles while kneeling or a counter gun (auto-attack gun) to attack enemies that get near you while you're kneeling. It's best to sit near some kind of natural turret on the territory too, as that just helps add more stress to people who try to unseat your sniping position.

I love this build I've been using a set-up very similar and have had major success in single player.

A jammer + sentry would drain your slot space too much and I don't think your AC is fast enough to make use of any jammer besides a defensive FCS jammer really.

I was actually making an alternative to the sentry I wouldn't suggestion both unless you're using a pure annoyance AC. I haven't tested any of the Jammers but the movement and turning jammers sound interesting.

You could also use the extra magazine with the 3 burst SC with has 18 shots normally but 21 with extra mags. That has replaced my Salem(of course there is also a better single shot SC as well).

What would anybody's thoughts be on replacing the Tansy with a shotgun? The Tansy was pretty much there as a mission rifle for the little targets but chiefly as a close-range deterrent. I heard shotguns can actually be particularly nasty in ACV.

Made some changes, posted in red. Haven't gotten much of a chance to test them out yet, but what little I have tested seems to be yielding good results.

Settled on the Erbsen and Lotus for my R-arm weapons. Preferred the ebsens quicker reload over Salems power, and Niji said go Lotus so I did.

I changed the Seidenbaum SR to the Akazien for ammo purposes, and set the performance for fire rate so I don't have to wait forever between shots. The KO shotgun I haven't gotten a chance to test out much yet but it seemed to do quite well in the test mode.

The arms I changed to the Svir 2 as was suggested at the Garage for their higher firing stability.

Edited by Griffon

Lotus was a good choice. If your opponent has a CE weakness then the Lotus can get the job done all by itself. Shottie on left just seals the deal. Unfortunately, I am really not sure how much use you will get out of your BR. I've seen way too many RJ's.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, made a couple more changes, again posted in red. Looking for some input on a few difficult choices.

First off, changed the core to the 10/A after realizing that with the Dazhbog, I had no frame parts focusing on KE, the most common damage type. I figured the Dazhbog, being heavy, would still have almost decent defense again KE but boy was I wrong. The Jotun core was also recommended to me, but the 10/A's Def/AP ratio seems a bit better and it seems slightly better in the weight/EN category.

Swapped Akazien sniper rifle for the Zlatko because Akazien simply didn't pack enough of a punch. I was also looking at going back to the Seidenbaum though, for having almost the power of Zlatko, with nearly twice the ammunition, faster RoF and longer range. Also swapped the Lotus BR for a Cercis one that seemed to have much better damage and slightly higher MV.

Thinking of swapping out my CE middle missile for a KE vertical, but I didn't want to limit my damage options that much. Doing that would leave me with just the BR to deal non-KE damage, but I heard verts are really good in this game.

The 3K2 shotgun has also been working out rather well, but after hearing about how crazy good gatlings are, I was wondering if the Geneva wouldn't be a better close-range-deterrent.

Edited by Griffon