Booster - Tempete BT49

Recon Unit - URD-36/ER

Paint

All Frames - Color Set, Preset Color 1, Column 4, Row 3

All Units - Color Set, Preset Color 2, Column 4, Row 1

Head - Glow, Preset Palette, Column 1, Row 3

L Arm - Color Set, Team Color

Remaining Load - 128

Well, here it is, my current main. I'm more than a little torn on what to take, mostly cause alot of it is pretty ineffectual if I try to load up on weapons. I'd like to try something that's viable in alot of situations. Running with Niji and them showed that... I was cannonfodder so... any ideas?

Append - Looks good, going to try it out soon.

Extra Append - After seeing some other parts in action I decided to change the weapons up a bit. Thinking of trying out tuned weapons, too.

Tempete and Prochinyi seems like an odd choice, but I've not messed around with efficiency boosters yet.

ULG-21 is better than ULG-9/A. I think the Rifle + Gattling + BR that I mentioned before editing would be a good starting point. It's pretty easy to use and doesn't require all that much energy. You could drop down to KV-3D5 gen if you keep Tempete or keep Prochinyi and use any of the acceleration type boosters. The latter combination will make you much faster without much drain penalty.

Also, that FCS is long range type correct? Quick lock or wide are probably better with the weapon combo I suggested. You could possibly replace one of the KE weapons with a sniper and keep Predire for longer range attacks though.

I just started building LW's, and getting fire power on them is a bit of an issue. My current set up on ULG-10/L legs is Rifle in left arm, Gattling right with Battle Rifle right hangar. It wrecks anything with low KE def, and the Battle Rifle allows me to fire on on KE def focused targets. I was also considering a shoulder missile in place of the Battle Rifle, but I wanted to be able to drop weight if needed.

In order to get the weapons to fit, I went with Forte GNE430 and Herz GNE500, and used different version of UBT-25 boosters to keep drain in check. With all solid weapons and a LW frame, running with 2000 net ENO isn't too bad (though I prefer 3000+).

I think you should drop the ammo shoulder, and go down in gen weight, especially if you're keeping low drain boosters. That should free up lots of weapon space.

EDIT, building it in garage, the remaining load is about 200. And some of the part names maybed aren't spelled right (ULG-09/L and ULG-09/Snowdon are the only ULG-09's I see)? I think you might have put a wrong part name in there somewhere, probably the gen.

EDIT 2 - nevermind, my fault, I was looking at LW parts.

Edited by Exorcet

Tempete is my favorite booster by far, with Shinatsu coming in as second favorite. Tempete gives great anti-inertia control as it is the top twitch dodge booster in the game, and has the most efficient OB in the game. It's overall accerlation times are wonderful, especially in the non-QB category. It's QB is very good too, though. Shinatsu I use on LWs where I really need to be able to reposition myself with QB faster. Tempete is like literally the single best booster for people who like to wall jump. I can't think of any booster that gives as fine of control, but from what I've seen you people are all terrible at walljumping or you don't walljump much.

On the LW Topic:

To make functional killer LWs you gotta work on using real LW parts, btw. Start with a really basic LW build that allows for geniune weapon variety, then upgrade the parts you want more bang out of till you hit your weight cap.

Here's a simple LW build: Arthur, Wodan, Gironde, ULG-10/L, Otkryt, Herz, Shinatsu, URD-36/ER

It's a pretty straightforward basic LW that's still well rounded and has decent defenses. You can then tack on two arm weapons you like such as shotguns or pulse guns or energy MGs or handguns (light stuff) to flesh out the weapon slots. Once you have a basic weapon loadout you like, start upgrading parts to more useful stuff like a bigger core or bigger gen or bigger arms, etc. Up until you hit the load cap, then stop. Making LW assassins isn't as easy as it was before, though. They're much better at recon/harass than they are at killing stuff unless you can work some kind of blade effectively.

Okay, been mulling over the suggestions and various things I've heard and have come up with... what looks like a pretty good loadout. The gatling should prove interesting, though I've not had... well, honestly, I've not had much practice with anything. XD As for core part suggestions I'd like to keep the Vixen look and whoa how those parts look very Vixen-y. It's like the designers went back and played the original PS1 titles!

Tempete is my favorite booster by far, with Shinatsu coming in as second favorite. Tempete gives great anti-inertia control as it is the top twitch dodge booster in the game, and has the most efficient OB in the game. It's overall accerlation times are wonderful, especially in the non-QB category. It's QB is very good too, though. Shinatsu I use on LWs where I really need to be able to reposition myself with QB faster. Tempete is like literally the single best booster for people who like to wall jump. I can't think of any booster that gives as fine of control, but from what I've seen you people are all terrible at walljumping or you don't walljump much.

My biggest point on the booster was not that I didn't like Tempete, but that it would make more sense to me to use a lighter gen to get mobility up since you would have so much EN. Very good point on OB though, as I hadn't thought about using the efficiency boosters for an OB joust/flank AC, and I think I might try that now. I've only really used OB as a way to get from A to B, and no so much in a tactical sense for position myself relative to someone else.

On wall jump, I definitely try to when ever I can, but I wouldn't count on it as my main form of movement. I put QB first because it's less situational. You don't have to position yourself near walls, you don't have to worry about terrible terrain, and with scan mode, you can keep moving pretty well. It might just be because I haven't played enough, but focusing solely on wall jump doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

You will probably die a lot if you don't learn to abuse walljump mechanics. You can also walljump off a lot of flat surfaces, btw. You just gotta know how to approach the ground to force the game to let you walljump off it instead of standard jump.

I don't know the kinks of everything yet seeing as how I've only played for 3 days, but I am inclined to agree with Niji about the walljumping. The hardest thing about the new setup is maintaining momentum, but the better you are at doing that the better mover you will be. Walljumping is incredibly helpful at keeping speed up, covers a lot of distance, allows you to change directions very quickly, and even saves energy depending on what you have to work with. Personally, I feel that walljumping and glide boost are your lifelines to survival.

Another neat feature of walljump is that FCS miss-track it for some reason. They can track you through a QB juke much easier than through a walljump juke. Idk why, but it's pretty noticeable in practice. It also accelerates turnspeed during the initial part of the jump, making it easier to flank ACs if you walljump off of them. Especially useful against tanks if you're in a biped.

For areas where there's no legitimate way to walljump you'll find that they tend to be deathzones. A good example is in mining sector at the canyon exit, the reason I don't turret that area up a bunch is because it's so hard to dodge there for invading ACs that a few good defenders can cause them lots of issues. Then when the invading force finally gets a foothold on the land there you can just backup to my actual turrets near the tunnel exits instead, has worked wonders many a time.

Water is a bitch in this game, haha.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can QB down at flat looking terrain like grating or the edges of random stuff and if the QB is still providing you extra kick in your fall you'll be able to walljump off the ground even though you would normally be unable to walljump off it. Doesn't work for standard flat ground, but you'd be surprised how much shit there is to walljump off of. It basically forces your AC to recognize even the smallest slopes and edges as walljump possible.