Swordbreaker

Katya

AC: Swordbreaker

Currently I'm just messing around in singleplayer, still learning the game. My team level is 42, mostly through order matches, so there are still a number of parts to unlock and collect.

That being said, my baby:

Head: Perseus

Core: Jotun

Arms: UAM-23/I

Legs: KT-2N3/Putuo

FCS: UFC-11 Glance

Gen: Sonne

Boost: Shinatsu

Recon: Okitsu

Weapons:

Rarm: UBR-05/R

Larm: Calendula RF11

Shoulder: UCS-17

This is mostly for missions, so if I were to do matches I think I'd swap the UBR-05/R for the Lotus. I like the higher muzzle velocity/range/other stats. I do however like the higher damage on the Podenka, so I'm not too sure which BR I want to use there.

I'm quite pleased with the Calendula's performance. It's good for clearing tanks/choppers/stuff. If I were to fight another human opponent the EOs would probably come off. They seem to be better for MTs and the like.

I'm going to be playing around with the different arms. I've heard that firing stability affects firing speed and accuracy.

I'd love to get some advice on how to make this better, or what I might want to try with it. Right now I want to build a mid to close range combat AC so that I can practice my piloting.

Things I want to try:

Use a handgun for stuns, and BR/kicks for damage

Experiment more with EN weaponery

Get better with the kicks!

I'm not quite sure how heavy this AC is overall, but Shinatsu is pretty bad at actually moving HWs compared to the high power boosters and some of the stronger duration boosters. Shinatsu has the QB power to move a HW, but it lacks the duration to make the move count. I haven't actually had the chance to put this together to see how it actually handles though. Generally speaking, though, you want to try to find a booster with more QB duration + regular boost power for heavier ACs. That'll enable you to actually move around a bit faster, keep locks broken, and potentially to dodge more stuff at range. Most importantly, a HW with a bigger booster can break a LW flank easier than a HW with a weaker booster.

Again idk just how fast or slow this really is since I haven't made it to try it out, though.

The rest looks fine to me.

First off, thanks for the input Niji!

After playing around with it quite a bit I think my AC was originally too heavy. I lightened it up quite a bit, but then I piled on the weaponry and slowed my AC down again. Now I'm trying to be a bit more balanced.

Update time!

AC:

Head: Chromeye

Core: Jotun

Arms: Elbe AM28-2

Legs: Odenwald

Internals:

FCS: Glance

Gen: Sonne

Boost: Shinatsu

Recon: Okitsu

Weapons:

Rarm: KO-3K2/Lotus/LR-81M KRSW

Larm: KO-3k2

Shoulder: ???

Rbay: BD-0 Murakumo

Lbay: BD-0 Murakumo

My aim is for a lightish midweight RJ. While I need more practice with quickboosting and the like, my general philosophy is that you can't hurt what you can't hit. HOWEVER, I kinda suck, I make lots of mistakes, so I also want a AC that can take a bit of a beating. I think the AP and the defenses on this are pretty good. The Chromeye was picked for aesthetics :( Also as a way to boost my TE defenses, since those are pretty lacking otherwise.

I need to pretty much start from scratch with the boosters now that I've lightened up my AC quite a bit.

I found that I really, really like the shotguns. Great impact force, good damage. I find myself mostly fighting within shotgun range too, so it's kinda like why not use them? I don't know if I'd want to go 2x shotguns, or if I'd want to go with either a BR/LR + shotgun. Advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there any big advantage of one TE weapon type over another? I really like the plasma weapons, but their muzzle velocity is so slow it seems easier to dodge than the other weapons. Pulse machineguns are quite nice, but I kind of like the impact force for the KRSW rifle better. It seems really easy to keep an AC stunned with the KRSW+shotgun combo.

With the pulse machinguns, do the explosive flashes of the rounds when they hit distract a human opponent any? I could see using them if that were the case.

Shoulder weapon I'm not too sure on. CIWI's are great, but I don't know if there is something a bit better for me to stick there.

I'm also playing around with the melee weapons. So far I see you can dual attack with 2x of the same weapon, or physical blade + pile driver. I'm thinking of keeping melee weapons on backup so that if I see a sniper or tank AC, I can drop kick them + melee. Granted, I'm working with the AI here since I can't get online, but it's been working pretty well so far. I'm not using pile bunkers at the moment because I still miss with the melees on a not infrequent basis. The jury is still out on laser blades. I like them, but I'm having a little trouble trying to make them work for me.