Mercenary Ranking Help

Jacobbil

Does anyone know the formula for how Mercenaries are ranked? At first I thought it was rated on total Au made during Merc missions, but it can't be. I was a B rank a few missions ago and I got about +40,000 from each mission since then, but my rank went back down to C. I didn't sustain too much damage, either.

If no-one knows, is anyone willing to look into this with me?

Edited by Jacobbil

I've never actually been able to figure that out myself. One season on the JP servers I was S ranked then the next season I got D rank and I swear I never did anything different, really. I'd say it's mostly just based off success rate of missions and how much money you make per mission, but I could be wrong. Sorry that I don't have much information about this.

=

I'm also confused about the ranking system. it's definitely not mission success rate, because I haven't failed many missions as a mercenary at all, yet my rank is currently an E. I'm pretty sure the biggest factor is how much money you're making, because while I usually succeed on missions, Its not uncommon for me to not get paid enough to cover ac repair. So I've lost a lot of money as a merc and my rank has slowly gone down.

Hindrance pilot currently rank 43 last time I checked.

I believe your ranking is determined by the kinds of jobs you take.

My rank has shot up from obscurity in the last two days and I think I have a sense for it.

Don't take low paying jobs. Even if you do well your rank will suffer.

It's all about the high profit jobs that involve AC opponents/ Story Missions/ and Territory Standard and Conquest.

Conquest proving the most profitable while at the same time most risky.

It seems to be a sort of notoriety score, you get Leaderboard points for taking certain missions despite the amount of pay you actually earn.

Duck out of jobs that are too risky unless you can take the shot to your rank, Domination is probably the most risky job a mercenary can take.

I was thinking we should start a Men of Honor thread...

Merc work is so much fun, makes ya feel like a real life Raven.

I think Mercenaries is the only part in this game which does not work out that well.

The guys with low ranks and high negative numbers are the ones which accept all jobs, clean the floor fast and play fast ACs (mid/low weight/low jew joint).

The guys ranked highly are the snipers, accepting only Order or certain Invasion missions, rarely actually helping properly, rather just paying uttermost attention to not get damaged themselves.

(While you will rather pay attention to speed, as Minor Damage is always easy to get by yourself and afterwards it will only lead to a bit more money in your pocket, money which you won't need anymore at all after having played for ~5 hours.)

And what's especially annoying is the fact that C/D rank can be -any- kind of player, you should at least be able to see how many missions he already has beaten... parts prove nothing as you have access to everything if you join a level 50+ team, so hiring someone will result easily in you seeing him boosting in circles, having no idea where to go or what to do.

And though if you want to S rank a mission or to succeed in certain subquests you will most likely want to do it alone... the leader should be able to cancel cutscenes by himself. There is NOTHING as nerve-racking as watching 3 minutes long cutscenes at the beginning of a speedrun just because the other player does not know what the start button is and where you find it.

Mercenaries should rather be ranked by the ranks of the missions they were in (rank bonus when speaking of invasions and i.e. S when speaking of Order or Story missions), not by how well they (and only they) avoided damage. Not even speaking of the fact that they literally steal money from you by killing certain enemies from a safe spot while you do nothing but making their spot actually safe.

Edited by his1nightmare

Mercs should be paid by the player hiring them before the match starts but can only receive the money if the mission is completed and they remain alive. Payment options should range from 300k - 1m and ammo/repair expenses should be paid by hiring pilot. Ranking should be based on player rating.

Mercs should also be able to rate the pilots who hire them, so that other mercs will either be discouraged or encouraged to accept jobs from certain pilots.

I hate going into an order mission and even story missions and the lead pilot just sits back and watches. Same goes for mercs who sit and suck their thumbs because they don't want to lose money via ammo/repair expenses.

Yah, the merc system has been the source of complaints on the JP side too. It's a bit awkward the way it works to rank people up, etc. It also encourages really strange grinding instead of just all purpose merc work.

My rank would go down, seemingly randomly, even if it had been hours since a failure. However, I stopped taking low ranking missions (Order Missions under 30, for example) and my rank never went down again, after that. I can't say if that's the reason or not, though. But, it seemed to have worked.

And I totally agree with the last part. If I want to stay up on the runnings, I have to pick and choose. However, next season, I won't try for the leaderboards as much.

On that note, can someone tell me what my rank is on the PS3 merc leaderboards? Last I knew, I was #8. I won't have the game again for a little while, so I'm not able to check for myself at the moment.

Edited by Koroshiya Hunter

Sorry if this is a silly question but usually I only have time to play on weekends and I am trying to get through all of the missions. Since I am part of ACU, will my playing as a mercenary and going on invade missions, helping ppl take over other territories and such, negatively impact or affect the team or the team's rankings?

I know that it will affect my personal ranking and also my AU credits(?). But I don't want to inadvertently muck up anything for the team.

Thanks.