Newbie Help: AC - Blastoise

tehlon

Hello all,

New to your forum and trying to get some general advice on the new AC game. I played them as a kid so I figured why not try out the new Gen.

I am cruising through missions very very easily, but when I try my hand at ranked matches I get destroyed nearly ever single match. I think I've only won 2 out of 20 or so. So i'm just trying to get some pointers as there doesn't seem to be much info online yet. I can't figure out if I am losing so much because 1) not enough defense of a specific type. 2) not enough offense. or 3) I just kinda suck for now. (highly possible). Anyway, here is my build. The idea was to be heavy defense with gatling guns... Trying to be able to take a lot of fire, w decent mobility while grinding the opponent out with damage over time.

Legs; bi-pedal H (kt-3n2/barguzin)

Core: Ke-type (surt CR114)

Arms: Ce-type (isari AM28s)

Head: Ke-type (uhd-13 galahad)

FCS: quick lock (UFC-11 Glance)

Generator: high output (UNG-70/ho vital)

Booster: acceleration (BT-21 Shinatsu)

Recon: Sticky (stk-16/ER)

L ARM and R ARM both using: Gatling Gun KO-5k4/zapyatoi

Shoulder Unit; CIWS type: CIWS-8/a

R bay: Physical Blade BD-0 murakumo

L bay: Sniper Rifle Seidenbaum SR13

Any thoughts?

Update! I did take the suggestions and they seem to be working out much better. I actually somehow beat the #2 guy on the leaderboard... Not really 100% sure how that happened though!

I equipped double USG-23/H. I actually already had bought these, but never equipped them. They Rock!

And I did upgrade my core to a TE-type UCR-25. The increased AP seems to help a lot as well.

Main opponents I seem to have trouble with are light weight shot-gunners. I just don't have the maneuverability to deal with them, but I guess these types of games tend to be sort of rock-paper-scissor ish? Any more recommendations?