Spam Namco to release an ACV Strategy Guide!

Aokiryu89

There is no strategy guide of course it wouldn't keep anyone from leaving if it doesn't exist. Please elaborate or send me a link to an article explaining such that doesn't throw the whole Mecha is a Niche genre bull I keep hearing people splatter all the time.

Seriously I don't mean to offend anyone, I've just been a quite person my whole life till now so I already feel pretty dumb for even bothering to try.

I just don't see how a strategy guide will change things. I've never bought a game because of a strategy guide I saw, I've never returned a game because I didn't have a guide, and I haven't felt the need to buy a guide in the internet age except for a choice few that were just jampacked with things that would have been a hassle to look up (Dark Souls, FFXII guide).

I don't think you're offending anyone; we just don't understand what a strategy guide will bring to the table.

Bah I'm such an idiot sorry, I thought about it while I was out and when I came back I saw the responses, 90 you make a good point.

Strategy guides never prove as useful as their worth (My brother only buys one if it has good art in it.)

BAAAH now everyone knows I'm a moron!!

...whatever...my head hurts, I need nutrition, I hate my college degree.

Edited by Ogawa Lou

Also... spamming Namco Bandai wouldn't help as who'd publish it? Usually strategy guides come about when companies like Brady or Prima show enough interest to request a review copy of the game with which to base a guide on. It's not something that in the average player's hands to affect.

This is the Japanese instruction manual that came with the game. FROM SOFTWARE released it on PC so it would be easier for players to check it in Japan if they need to. Haha. Now you can see what I meant by a totally robust manual when I was in chat. No lie, yo. Lots of details in there.

Namco definitely flopped pretty hard on ACV overall, though. Oh well.

Namco definitely flopped pretty hard on ACV overall, though. Oh well.

This is the same thing I have been thinking , and it does sadden me a bit because even being new to AC as I am, I have the capability to see not only its potential but appreciate the good things with the flaws it does have. For being the kind of game it is (a "pseudo" MMO if you will) NamcoBandai did a really terrible job marketing and securing retailers. The place of which I work didn't even stock the game, I had to go elsewhere (Gamestop) to purchase it, who only had 1 copy when I wanted 2 (my brother is going to be playing as well, and since the 21st, my local Gamestop has 5 copies in stock instead of just the one). Is NB trying to make a treasure hunt out of just locating the game? Depressing . . .

I just try not to think about it while getting as many people that I know to learn or even possibly try the game, and hope that the gameplay and community sells itself. . . which I think is the same strategy NB and now FromSoftware has for the game's marketing. >.<

Holy damn. It would be nice if the publisher translated this for English (and otherwise) players. Because the manual that comes with the game is fucking pathetic (well, I think that's a trend with many modern games these days).

Most of those games usually have some sort of in-game manual or is intuitive enough to understand.

I kinda wish there was an official forum with NB where players can discuss the game and maybe provide feedback and NB would have an "Official" channel of communication answering concerns.

I see a lot of people on the gamefaqs boards with the same questions about not getting PVP in conquest, trying to figure out how things work, what the reset means, etc.

Is there far more support for the JP community in terms of documentation and feedback or is it about the same(besides that manual)?

Far, far, far more support on the JP side. We have the ACOP site which grants each and every team its own personal forum, quick chat, battle BBS, etc. It links directly into the game. In the JP version of the game you get a special upload team data button on the team menu that will update your ACOP page with all your teams stats and info, members, status updates, win/loss rates and recent enemies. Pretty robust and pretty impressive. There's also a match/tournament finder and an open BBS for discussion on the same site.

This is all provided free of charge directly by FROM SOFTWARE on their own servers.

EDIT: The players site also has a lot of info, news, and a better conquest guide available.

its not so much that they are slacking, its that given the popularity of acv anywhere else that isnt japan, it would not be benificial to bamco to put so much effort into the game. i bet if you add up the traffic between NA/EU/AU and compare it to JP, JP will have more people at any given time than the other 3 combined.

from a business standpoint, there would be no real reason to put forth effort into a game that lives off of its dedicated playerbase and does not gain too many new players to the series with each new installment.

sure itd be nice for good guy bamco to give us all of the goodies JP gets, but it is probably not gonna happen unless theres suddenly some huge player influx of hipsters

i would say

the support

is relatively

relative

CALLING IT OUT GUYS ACU SERVERS DOWN AND/OR COMPLETE SERVER INACTIVITY WITHIN 1.5 YEARS (then i will buy JP ACV)

its not so much that they are slacking, its that given the popularity of acv anywhere else that isnt japan, it would not be benificial to bamco to put so much effort into the game. i bet if you add up the traffic between NA/EU/AU and compare it to JP, JP will have more people at any given time than the other 3 combined.

from a business standpoint, there would be no real reason to put forth effort into a game that lives off of its dedicated playerbase and does not gain too many new players to the series with each new installment.

sure itd be nice for good guy bamco to give us all of the goodies JP gets, but it is probably not gonna happen unless theres suddenly some huge player influx of hipsters

i would say

the support

is relatively

relative

CALLING IT OUT GUYS ACU SERVERS DOWN AND/OR COMPLETE SERVER INACTIVITY WITHIN 1.5 YEARS (then i will buy JP ACV)

That's true. But if this is the direction of the AC franchise, they have to build the foundation somewhere.

Far, far, far more support on the JP side. We have the ACOP site which grants each and every team its own personal forum, quick chat, battle BBS, etc. It links directly into the game. In the JP version of the game you get a special upload team data button on the team menu that will update your ACOP page with all your teams stats and info, members, status updates, win/loss rates and recent enemies. Pretty robust and pretty impressive. There's also a match/tournament finder and an open BBS for discussion on the same site.

This is all provided free of charge directly by FROM SOFTWARE on their own servers.

EDIT: The players site also has a lot of info, news, and a better conquest guide available.

Oh my god!

i would say

the support

is relatively

relative

took the words out of my mouth, i mean this game is srs bzns over there.

if you wanna make a difference then every player encourages 5 friends to buy this game and make a team and hopefully they have a good time and stay.

if those 5 recommend it and so forth and sales numbers go higher, maybe possibly something will be done but still doubt it.

i mean filthierich from bamco is doing the demos and marketing for this game and thats just plain fucking stupid.

CALLING IT OUT GUYS ACV SERVERS DOWN AND/OR COMPLETE SERVER INACTIVITY WITHIN 1.5 YEARS (then i will buy JP ACV)

I went ahead and fixed that sentence for you. You wrote ACU, you dumb fag. Though it could be ACU too! Ya never know.

=3