BOOSTER: UBT-25/H

RECON UNIT: URD-36/EA

R ARM UNIT: KO-2H6/Strekoza

L ARM UNIT: Lampourde RF23

SHOULDER UNIT: USM-14 Mathura

R BAY UNIT: Aulnee LR230

L BAY UNIT: KO-7H3/Svetlyak

EDIT IN BOLD

NOTE: I switch to Okitsu when I feel like it.

Oh yes Miko right? I hope it was good, I have to say I ran into a string of failures last night and my rank as a mercenary has fallen down a couple ranks OTL. If you guys want to get some Free Ranker Points I'll gladly spar against you as well, because I need to test my 1v1 skills against players more. Edited by Ogawa Lou

Yeah. Miko said he really enjoyed grouping with you. As for 1v1 tests, he likes to do free battles, but I stick to mercenary work. I'm about 30k away from being the rank #7 mercenary for the first season.

Ah you bloody, I'll see to it I get up in the top 10 next season.

Not like you'd be competing against anyone who really could claim bragging rights. Most of the merc leaderboards on the 360 when I checked them were RJ's with USG-23's and Strekozas. I saw a quad at number 4 and the number 1 spot was held by a LW with 4 handguns of all things.

Not like you'd be competing against anyone who really could claim bragging rights. Most of the merc leaderboards on the 360 when I checked them were RJ's with USG-23's and Strekozas. I saw a quad at number 4 and the number 1 spot was held by a LW with 4 handguns of all things.

I'm on PS3, I've seen a pretty decent variety actually, some I kind of questioned till I saw some in action. I had one guy literally pull me out of the fire on the last Order Mission, I made a dumb move into the area border though.

I would like some advice on how adequate my design is though. So far it seems to only be limited by my piloting ability. And of course being seriously weak against hard CE/KE defense types.

USG-23 is the rapid fire battle rifle right? I hate that gun, Power Specialty Strekoza all the way.

Edited by Ogawa Lou

Rapid-fire battle rifle is the UBR-05/R, which is rape on CQC bots with high stability arms. Two of them is a little over four shots a second, almost like machine gun BRs if set up right. USG-23/H is the gatling gun with rifle level attack power. It weighs a bit more than rifles (about +50% weight) but shoots at roughly the same damage, much higher range, and three times faster than any rifle.

Yeah I've noticed that Gatling around a lot actually, however I refuse to use it, something in my gut just tells me NO. I just upgraded my Lampourde for Power, and I'm pretty satisfied with the damage it puts out.

Good choice. The gats make you feel like a badass till you go up against someone who really knows how to pilot a mech and then you go online and get the raping that I did last night. Dude had two rifles (maybe the ones Niji mentioned) and cleared the entire field.

PS...add me to your list to play 1vs 1 whenever I'm on. I need practice. Love armored core but suck at it.

It's nice to know that other people can enjoy the game even though they know they aren't Gods in it.

Nob and Accursed really showed me the flaws in both my piloting and AC weakness.

And I'll add you when I get online.

Edited by Ogawa Lou

your CE and TE def are only like 600 each. you should invest in at least CE defense a bit more to help combat BRs and such

im pretty sure your AC can fit UCR/10A as well, so use that

also maybe try roland head for extra CE and internal stats

i dont know why you have moonlight on this at all

it adds some ridiculous amount of drain (1300?) and you will never find a situation in 1.01 where a howitzer is not a better option than the moonlight. realistically you are not going to want to get within blade range of tanks and even when you do, tanks stack TE to hell and back so your moonlight will be absolutely moot. for tanks and objectives, howitzers are much better and much much much less drain. switch to a howitzer or leave the slot open or something idk but dont use blades unless its for aesthetics and you drop them at the start of every match.

why are you using a junk FCS???????? who does that?

use glance or otkryt!

i personally prefer 25H over shinatsu because the stationary drain is much less, but shinatsu is fine

also try aunlee or napa instead of arachide (and if you dont like it you can always switch back)

arachide taxes generator pretty hard for the range it has to be at compared to LR/pulse

if you are doing more duels and mock battle stuff, i would switch recon to 36/EA. okitsu is good for team play or if you have an operator but it can be hard to keep tabs on one single opponent with it.

Thanks noob I'll make those changes once I get get back in. I kinda use the same AC for everything at the moment so that's why I still have the moonlight equipped, it does tend to come in handy when I'm facing those who are only weak against TE. I'll switch it out though since it is only giving me more drain than it is being useful.

And I am using otkryt O_o I must have been trying to do a story mission at the time I wrote it down.

Pulse Machineguns at the moment are rubbish (lol), although they *will* become viable once either 1.02 or 1.03 comes out in NA, so just keep that thought on the backburner for now. I also agree with most of Nobs suggestions, but especially to get rid of the Junk FCS!! ^_^ Please do not use junk parts, as they are intentionally atrocious and everything that is bad in the world. Lastly, moonlight is a pretty crap thing unless you find yourself regularly in melee against TE-weak opponents (i.e. you will find serious difficulty using it -vs- heavy bipeds and of course tanks).

[Yes, I read your post stating you use otkryt, I just needed to rag on junk parts.]

A pile bunker is a better choice than a laser blade or physical blade by a longshot at this point, as the damage is immense (can kill most ACs with a single hit if you use one of the better ones) - or in the very least do catastrophic damage, and they typically have very *minimal* drain comparatively. Drain on moonlight is ridiculous, you'll save about 1200 EN just by switching to a pilebunker. If you really like the feel of laser blades, I suggest switching to one with less drain anyway... Sometimes I think people simply look at the name and go "oh man its this part that's always been apart of AC" (not accusing you of doing this, just stating in general). Moonlight is high power, but that's it really.

Happy hunting!

its harder to hit shit with pile bunkers than it is to hit shit with laser blades

and pile bunkers have ammo

they are TERRIBLE at killing choppers because of the reload downtime your AC is stuck in and it is hard to hit choppers with the pencildick range on them (much more efficient to just knee)

howitzers are maybe 100 points heavier and are much more efficient, safe, and effective

Nob's heat howitzer theory works very well (as he's already proven); it's probably safer than the pilebunkers, I just suggested pilebunkers incase you wanted to stick with melee instead of switching to a ranged weapon. Lightweight and midweight ACs benefit from melee weapons, as their kicks aren't particularly impressive (lightweight kicks are really weak compared to all others imo).

If all else fails though, atleast your kicks shouldn't be too drainy. And heat howitzers are fun.

You can cancel the lag downtime of a blade, physical blade, or pile bunker by using QB early on in the attack, if you wait too long it'll lock you into the reload stun. Heat Howi gets raped in 1.02 because they were raping everything silly in 1.01 on JP server, hahah.

Yeah I realized that while practicing with the Murokumo blade Niji, but since it is something that requires a little more training I have to say I'm still not adequate enough to make a hit on PVP.

Nob's heat howitzer theory works very well (as he's already proven); it's probably safer than the pilebunkers, I just suggested pilebunkers incase you wanted to stick with melee instead of switching to a ranged weapon. Lightweight and midweight ACs benefit from melee weapons, as their kicks aren't particularly impressive (lightweight kicks are really weak compared to all others imo).

If all else fails though, atleast your kicks shouldn't be too drainy. And heat howitzers are fun.

It's a matter of weapon damage type more than anything for me, I'd prefer to keep my distance rather than risk getting in too close, which kinda ruffles up my design choice hahah. I'd equip a laser rifle but that would be to monstrous for my build to handle in terms of energy drain.

Edited by Ogawa Lou