FCS: UFC-11 Glance

Gen: UGN-70/Ho Vital

Boost: BT-21 Shinatsu

Rec: URD-36/EA

RArm: KO-2H6/Strekoza

LArm: URF-15/A Jesup

Shoulder: CIWS-8/A

R Bay: URF-15/A Jesup

L Bay: keep switching out different laser blades....

Alright, so I picked up the game yesterday and made some progress (2nd chapter in the story only and about 50-60 into the order missions). Here's what I've been using so far and i want some suggestions. I'm looking for something I can use at close range, but hold back a bit if needed. I want to be as fast as possible, but not be a LW that's more fragile than glass. The moonlights are really just backup for when my BR runs out (plus I've been a fan of blades since 4A). I'd like to leave the blades, or even just one blade, but I am willing to get rid of them if needed. Any suggestions?

Like Niji suggested, Tansy will give you more bang for your buck when compared to Jesup (or any other rifle for that matter); suggest a power or rapid fire tune (not the spec of either) for best results. Also might suggest switching your 2nd hangar (i.e. the duplicate Jesup) to a TE weapon, or something faster firing (i.e. a laser rifle or gatling) - just for the sake of variety and to be able to [if you go the laser rifle route] do all 3 damage types from afar.

Outside of that, the legs you're using for that midweight are great imo in terms of KE defense, and the design seems solid as a whole (and well off -vs- KE).

I got the tansy for the Left side ready, just need to pick a Left Hangar. If i pick a gatling gun or laser rifle, i go overweight (except with the Distel or lowenzahn gatlings or aulnee laser rifle). Should i try a pulse machine gun?

(general question also, whats the better Gatling to use? the Zapyatoi or Lycaenid)

Edited by Gary

Zap and Lycaenid are very similar; I think the only major differences [without being in game and able to look at them] are weight and an extra 1000 ammo (but realistically, unless you hold down the trigger for the whole mission/battle, I find the possibility of you running out of ammo with either very remote and unlikely).

For missions? Weaker gatlings or pulse machineguns are viable - almost anything can work. For PvP? Pulse Machineguns (in 1.01) are atrocious in my opinion, and if anyone else has had success with them, by all means -- they're just too little damage for how much drain they pull. Gatlings are better in almost every case. Some people may speak out against distel or some of the weaker (non 23/H) gatlings, but I've found them to be good backup weapons, and generally speaking, unless you're fighting a highly aggressive player, they won't want to continually run into a stream of gatling bullets (and will likely try to avoid or back off).

In 1.01 most people will say go with 23/H, as its got the highest power and easily beats out all rifles and other gatlings; though if you're in a pinch (read: AC weight concerns), distel is a respectable backup weapon with a good amount of ammo [and with a power tune you can get about 450-475 out of it]. Lowenzahn is basically the first generation (crappier) version of Distel, I'd avoid it as it has very little going for it aside of weight and drain being low. Aunlee on the other hand is a very good laser rifle, it outclasses the *light* karasawa (i.e. the 40 shot one) in almost every way, weighs half as much, drains far less -- it's a solid choice and you likely won't be disappointed with it.