ACV Patch 1.03 (JP)

Harakiri Tiger

ACV Patch 1.03 will be released on the JP servers on March 30th, 2012.

=======

LEGS

=======

- LW Bipedal

No general changes.

--- [individual Adjustment]

----- ULG-10/L

----- ULG-09 SNOWDON

----- ULG-09/L

-------- Increased load capacity.

- MW Bipedal

No general changes.

----- ULG-21

-------- Decreased AP.

-------- Decreased defense.

- LW Reverse Joint

--- Increased AP.

--- Improved stability.

- Quadruped

--- Improved the performance of boost drive.

=======

ARM UNIT

=======

- HAND GUN

--- Increased optimal range.

- SHOTGUN

--- Reduced reload time.

- RIFLE

No general changes.

----- TANSY RF12

-------- Increased reload time.

-------- Decreased falloff.

-------- Decreased accuracy.

----- LAMPOURDE RF23

-------- Increased falloff.

-------- Increased bullet velocity.

- BATTLE RIFLE

No general changes.

----- KO-2H6/STREKOZA

-------- Increased reload time.

- PULSE GUN

--- Increased accuracy.

--- Reduced EN consumption.

--- Decreased bullet termination range.

- PULSE MACHINEGUN

--- Increased base lock-on time.

- PLASMA GUN

- LASER RIFLE

--- Decreased attack power.

--- Increased bullet termination range.

--- Reduced charge-up time.

----- LR-81 KARASAWA

-------- Does not receive any changes.

----- LR-81M KRSW

-------- Does not receive attack power changes.

- LASER BLADE

--- Increased attack power.

--- Reduced En consumption.

- RAIL CANNON

--- Reduced reload time.

--- Increased bullet velocity.

--- Reduced charge-up time.

- HOWITZER

--- Increased ammunition.

--- Reduced reload time.

- HEAT CANNON

--- Increased accuracy.

- LASER CANNON

--- Increased bullet velocity.

=======

SHOULDER UNIT

=======

- FLASH ROCKET

--- Decreased AoE of effect.

- ROCKET

- SPREAD MISSILE

--- Increased flight velocity.

- HIGH SPEED MISSILE

- VERTICAL MISSILE

- SHORT RANGE MISSILE

--- Adjusted missile agility.

- STEALTH MISSILE

- AS MISSILE

- COUNTER GUN

No general changes.

----- UCS-22 MYSORE

-------- Increased stun power.

- EN AMPLIFIER

--- Decreased bonus range effect.

--- Increased EN consumption effect.

--- One amplifier is now focused on increased optimal range and the other is focused on increased attack power.

Yeah what. This plus everything I remember reading from last time is leaning towards AC4 style stuff. More energy overall, everything using less energy...

Well. Hopefully it doesn't turn into that. Because as it is already in 1.01 light weights can bounce around so much it's kind of silly. Not really 'tactical' and certainly not what I remember AC2:AA or AC3 being like.

Should be interesting to see where it goes. Dueling is going to be all about those bay slots in this game.

The changes are all pretty small overall, tbh. Generators mostly only gain a bit of output, with the high cap and balanced gens gaining the most output, etc. Energy weapon changes are due to pulse guns and laser rifles being overused and the others being ignored.

ive personally experienced pulse guns in duels. good thing my 26k ac had like 200 TE defense.

I went down in maybe 15 seconds tops. It was not fun or interesting.

I see exactly what you're saying here, I just meant these changes plus the kinds of changes in 1.02 that you posted. Made it seem like they're expanding the LW end of things a bit more.

Well, the game just released here, whereas over in Japan it has had roughly one patch every thirty days. Patch 1.02 came out about a month ago, which was a month after the game was released there. Now patch 1.03 is about one month after patch 1.02. I just happened to post the patch info here really late, hahaha. Who knows what Namco is doing, though.

Yah, pulse guns will rape your pants right off in 1.01. Haha.

Amp drain increase? I demand justice.

At least KRSW might be worth it now, though I would have prefered KRSW getting an attack up rather than the other lasers getting dropped. I thought they were fine as is power wise, but with decreased charge time, it might make sense.

When I said 'like AC4' I meant the LACK of patches on our side of the ocean. The patch itself looks fine. I posted a thread on the Playstation forums asking what's up with that.

oh ok. although the changes do look like they give a bit of a bump to more maneuverable/lighter builds.

wasn't ubisoft handling it before? or was that just AC4A? either way, hopefully they can patch over here in a somewhat timely manner...

I believe that publishers need to pay Microsoft for the patch testing ( http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2012/02/16/microsofts-40000-per-xbox-patch-explains-why-updates-are-slow-to-roll-out/ ). Not sure if this is still the case, but it is a pretty big expense. And Namco may not care about the updates as much as FROM does in Japan.

I'm kinda surprised that FROM doesn't use server-based stat files so they can tweak without a title update.

So they go ahead and increase shotgun reload time in 1.02, and now they decrease it, balancing those shotty's must be tough to figure out . I like what I'm seeing done for missiles this time around, game needs more missile action.

^_^ Bring on 1.03!!!!!!!! !!! ... !!!!!!!

Pulse guns do too much damage atm, practically allowing 2-shot kills -vs- some setups; they don't need to be punched into oblivion, but go through a similar transition as shotguns. Plasmas sound like they're getting some much deserved love, same with pulse machineguns. TE stuff in general sounds more viable through these two patches, and more generator output never hurt anybody. .. Oh that and rail cannons finally being brought into usefulness, that's something!

i cant wait for this patch, including all the updates from 1.02

i want pulse machine guns to be a actual viable choice. especially the EN output buff in 1.02 (but im assuming its not that big of a buff)

i wanna see more energy out there!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/LMFX3/energy.jpg

i wanna see more energy out there!

Pulse guns(TE shotguns) and laser rifles(especially karasawa as a throwaway weapon) with EN amplifier are pretty effective on 1.01 already I'd say. Largely because almost no-one wants to use TE arms or core because 80% of people don't use TE weapons and the arms have bad stability.

Edited by Zaarock

Pulse guns(TE shotguns) and laser rifles(especially karasawa as a throwaway weapon) with EN amplifier are pretty effective on 1.01 already I'd say. Largely because almost no-one wants to use TE arms or core because 80% of people don't use TE weapons and the arms have bad stability.

More like you have to become a heavyweight in order to get a substantial TE defense, TE defense on all CE and KE frame parts should get a slight boost. Those who have high CE defense will most likely have acceptable KE defense, as well as the other way around, but TE defense is always on the low end unless piloting a tank or heavyweight. Light to mids don't really have the luxury of adequately protecting themselves against energy attacks at this point.

Edited by Nomrah

full charged sawas do next to no damage to most tank/HWs , pulse guns are great but a tad too drainy for the way i move, id rather just use a shotgun at the moment.

so in that sense, i would say its pointless for me to use EN weapons until the patches roll

i still rock sawas on my bays for my heavy just to shoot down some LW's though but i want an all around setup because ill be doing mostly duels.

giving TE buffs to all other legs would nerf HW legs and then you would have to buff CE and KE on HW legs

but then at that point the defenses start to become too even spread and it strengthens omnitanking which would remove a ton of the dynamics of how the game works

so evening defenses across the board would be bad because then more weapons and leg types become less powerful