Mobility Spec Close Range Light Bipedal

HEAD UHD-13 Galahad

CORE KT-304/Xiezhi

ARMS EMS AM28-2S

LEGS ULG-10/L

FCS FS-09 Yasakani

GENERATOR KV-3D3/Prochnyi

BOOSTER BT-21 Shinatsu

RECON UNIT URD-36/ER (450 range tracking)

R ARM UNIT KO-3K/Noctuidae (shotgun/power)

L ARM UNIT KO-3T5/Mahaon (pulse gun/power)

SHOULDER UNIT Arroz OPC100 (optical chaff)

This is for dueling, I guess it might work in team games but the ammo capacity is bad, so would need extra magazine. Recon unit is great for the team though.

I started designing this with an EN amplifier for the pulse gun at first and went with it for a long while, but it's not worth the weight on a lightweight. Without it I could put some of the best armor you can put on a lightweight bipedal (this is for CQC after all) and worry less about energy consumption while fighting. Mahaon is used because it has the longest shot range and by far the least spread.

Galahad head is to save on EN consumption and because of slow lock-on the Noctuidae works better than the double-barrel shotguns I think. KE defence is pretty low but without the CE core I can't find a way to have decent CE defense either. I think close range mechs are pretty vulnerable to battle rifle fire, so I put it there. TE defense is very low but most thermal weapons are easier to dodge than others.

Would love to hear any suggestions, this one still doesn't seem to work very effectively for me. Even though shotguns and pulse guns are apparently overpowered in 1.01 I'm having a hard time making this build work against most people using HW reverse joints with USGs and Strekozas even with the TE damage.

There isn't anything particularly wrong with your setup, it sounds like a solid lightweight from what I can tell. I do find the choice of Prochyni (the heaviest generator) on a lightweight to be a bit strange, I'd personally use either Herz (a very light high cap) or Ho Vital (ho vital if starved for energy after firing) -- you may have to do test runs with each generator to find out which one suits your style better.

In terms of fighting heavyweights... well, imagine being a 120 lb guy going up against a 7 foot 300lb giant burly fella - not a good prospect unless you've got a gun, haha.

I'm by no means a lightweight pilot (I usually do heavy RJs, quads, tanks, and anything on the heavy side in general), but I do have one very fun LW biped. Hit and runs -- this is your bread and butter. Wall jump like crazy, strafe off objects, OB past people only to confuse them by single or double tapping a quickboost to go backwards (and hence, you attack while they are turning to face the position you were formerly occupying [or so they think]), stuff like that. From what I've seen, it takes a lot of skill to run LWs successfully in this game, both in terms of dueling and teams -- I give full kudos to anybody who can pull it off. High powered weapons *are* your best friend in this role though, so its probably best to shy away from anything that doesn't deliver a good burst-damage punch. Shotguns, pulse guns, plasma guns (yes, give it a solid try before discounting it), short range missiles, blades (who doesn't love a power tuned moonlight?) -- and if you're good at manually aiming, heat howitzers and rockets -- these are your bread and butter [or should be] as a LW runner in my opinion.

In terms of defense, you realistically do not have any besides speed. Speed and erratic (unpredictable) action/reaction is the equivalent to your armor. For what defense you *do* have, you're really at a crossroads, you can have medicore defenses -vs- all (or KE/CE mix), or you can easily buff your KE defense to make everything short of sniper rifles bounce off mostly harmlessly. I'd rather have one strong defense, and simply scan down opponents to figure out if they're using something I should avoid (easy to do if you're running ER, which you are), than have two defenses someone could punch through without trouble.

Either way, hope you can make it work, seeing the LW pilots in the game makes me want to improve my LW style. Life wouldn't be fun without challenge. ^_^

Happy hunting.

There isn't anything particularly wrong with your setup, it sounds like a solid lightweight from what I can tell. I do find the choice of Prochyni (the heaviest generator) on a lightweight to be a bit strange, I'd personally use either Herz (a very light high cap) or Ho Vital (ho vital if starved for energy after firing) -- you may have to do test runs with each generator to find out which one suits your style better.

Actually I think Prochnyi is almost always the best one for light bipedals, just need to make sure you have 3,300 or more energy output. I think it has to do with how the energy gauge fills faster the closer it is to full. Just test them out and you'll see I think. It'll be even better with the patch that buffs the output.

edit: no way I could use the pulse gun effectively with a Ho Vital anyway

In terms of fighting heavyweights... well, imagine being a 120 lb guy going up against a 7 foot 300lb giant burly fella - not a good prospect unless you've got a gun, haha.

Yeah.. I think it's just a bit too hard to do hit and runs without taking any damage with the cqc weapons this build uses (pretty much impossible vs gatling guns). Not that you can't make a close range LW work well, but I do better with a dual shotguns LW build than this.

As such, turned the build into a midweight and added the amplifier back, performs much better for me and more practical outside dueling:

Inhert M

Hi Mbl Close Range Medium Bipedal

HEAD UHD-13 Galahad

CORE KT-304/Xiezhi

ARMS EMS AM28-2S

LEGS ULG-21

FCS UFC-11 Glance (chosen over yasakani to save energy + add computation)

GENERATOR KV-3D3/Prochnyi

BOOSTER BT-21 Shinatsu

RECON UNIT URD-36/ER (350 range tracking)

R ARM UNIT Zinnia SG54 (shotgun/power)

L ARM UNIT KO-3T5/Mahaon (pulse gun/power)

SHOULDER UNIT UEA-4 Izanami (EN amplifier)

R BAY UNIT Sophora BHG16-2 (Handgun 3R burst/power)

^ to stun enemies before firing Mahaon once Zinnia has ran out of ammo, will be better after patches

@wktk yeah, it was mostly to get in and out of that range for hit and running (again, USGs etc) and it seemed like the most practical choice for the weight left, though I didn't want to use flash rockets anyway.

Edited by Zaarock

Using the second specs OP... posted... works very well against high and low mobility mechs. Personally destroyed two medium mechs in a 3 v 4 fight (me on 3 man team xD). Only trouble I have is with treads, and only because of their high AP. Can take a solid minute to whittle all their ap down if you're trying not to get hit.

Just realized I can put a karasawa on the left arm to make the build even better, slow fire rate because of the ridiculous recoil though. Purge when you need mobility (it does consume 1,000 energy constantly) and it'll be the exact same build. The karasawa also further benefits from Glance FCS and high energy output(can move around while charging easily).

Sentry guns are a nice throwaway weapon too, I made a variant with the second missile launcher sentry but had to switch the head to Arthur and recon unit to Mentor IV which makes it a bit weaker in the purposed short range.

The handgun was almost completely useless in team vs team so I removed it from all variants.

I think the build is excellent for flanking while your enemies are distracted by teammates because of the massive DPS and high mobility. Now to see how it works with the kara in practice..

Tanks are a big problem for this build because of being centered on CQC and TE damage, but this shouldn't be a big deal in coordinated team battles.

Edited by Zaarock

Something I've been using more and more of is Flash rockets on my LWs because HWs and tanks move slow and have a hard time dodging them. It allows me to move in and out freely with little worry of getting hit. Of course I've only used them on single player tanks and HWs, try them out and see how you feel about them.