Need Help Building AC

Aschen

Alright, Im running a hi def med range biped atm. I enjoy the playstyle, but I seem to be getting my ass handed to me. I had noticed I was really low on everything but KE def, so I made a change...but any other help would be useful...this is what I got so far

Head -UHD-22 Lancelot

Core- UCR-10/I KE Def.

Arms- KT-1S Amur

Legs-Cinto LG104-2 Biped M

FCS -UFC Glance -quick Lock-

Generator-UGN-70/Ho Vital

Booster- Tempete BT-49 Low consumption

KO 2H4/Podenka Battle RIfle

ULR 22/R Laser Rifle

UCS 22 Mysore Auto-attack

My recommendation:

Replace that Podenka with a Strekoza (Highest attack power BR), Lotus (Long Range BR) or the UBR-05/R (Rapid Fire BR)

Replace the Glance with the Otkryt (wide angle type FCS with longer ranger lock than quick lock types.)

I would not use TE def arms on a Mid bipedal. Use KE or CE. TE arms are heavy and don't have great firing stability. Plus, you need a lot of def to stop the bigger TE weapons. If you want balanced def, use CE head (for stability and speed), KE core (light, low drain), and CE arms (firing stability). There is nothing wrong with only having KE def though.

Strekoza is a better Podenka. Also, the Mysore auto gun doesn't seem to do much better than the smaller one that's just above it in the parts list.

On FCS, I prefer Glance to Otkryt. Glance already has a big lock box, and the slow lock on of Otkryt is annoying. But if you're going for longer range, I guess Glance can be a bit hard to work with.

thanks for the help so far. I'll make the change to a Strekoza. Auto gun seems to do well, since I dont have to pull my finger off the trigger for my main gun to get it to fire. I can switch back to my KE arms, they did well...but I ended up having a huge amount of KE def, and nothing else.

I tend to try and stay at medium range with these things...should I be getting up closer?

I'm not suggesting that you get rid of the autogun, but use a different autogun. The UCS-17/H autogun has more total attack power and a higher damage rate. Velocity is lower, but it's still pretty accurate. The per bullet attack is less, but Mysore doesn't really do all that well vs heavy KE def targets anyway.

You don't have to use KE arms, just avoid TE arms. For balanced bipde defense uses CE head and arms with KE core and legs. This will make you faster, give you slightly better offense, and provide good CE and KE def.

If you're going to play mid range, Consider Accuracy tuning for Strekoza, or try Lotus battle rifles. With Power II tuning, Lotus can achieve over 600 shot velocity.

Yeah, I agree with the above suggestions:

You'll get more DPS out of the UCS-17/H than you will the Mysore, and you'll also cover a wider angle. If your intention is close range, the 05/R battle rifle will be a good friend, as it's high rate of fire, good power (can be tuned to around 1950+) and large ammunition stores make it great in CQC range. Further out, the ballistic drop may be more of an issue, but with something fast like a medium biped, it shouldn't be too problematic to close gaps and get back within range of your targets.

The TE arms won't do you any real justice on this, unless you're specifically using them just for the auto-attack gun (to have double), but it isn't too necessary. KE Core and Legs will give you high KE resist, you can get some secondary use out of CE arms and head.

The ULR-22/R is a solid choice for Laser Rifle, you can afford to spam it up close, and it'll give you plenty of charged shots. However, if it turns out energy management turns out to be an issue, a lightweight rifle, shotgun or handgun can make a good counterpart on that same arm (as a hangar) to give you options.

Also, I'd honestly keep the Glance; while Otkryt is a good FCS, you aren't using any missiles, and that's the one thing it's truly optimized for -- it offers slightly more range, but the range profile on your weapons really fits within Glance, and you'll enjoy the quicker "Lock-On" times for your weapons as well.

Just did some changes, though having some problems turning quick enough for close-quarters fighting. My turn speed seems to be more suited to mid-range combat...but at that range, my charged shots seem to always miss the target...Should I spam th laser rifle when Im that close?

Animas are great TE arms if you can handle the weight and drain. The have 2 shoulder slots and 120+ firing stability(can't remember of the number of the top of my head). As for the mobility issues Rainer, or Denali have excellent movement with low drain and you can switch the booster for a hi accel like gale. When I get home I'll be able to see everything.

EDIT: You're going to have diffuculties with either defense or speed, this isn't FA so you can't have both. If you want more defense make it a heavy. If you want more speed my first choice would be to switch to ULG-21 and then Denali or Rainer. For the arms I swapped it to the Elbe AM28-2 and the core to UCR-10/A.

For the weapons I swapped your Podenka for Lostus because it complements your laser's range. With the ULG-21 legs I added the USG-11/H(shotgun) in the right bay and the USG-23/H(Gatling gun) in the left bay.

If you use Denali I kept the core(UCR-10/I) and changed to the arms to the suggestion in the paragraph above and added Oxeye(pistol) and Mahaon(pulse gun).

Edited by Kaleidoscope

The only time you can afford to spam any laser rifle (and have a reasonable expectation of hitting) is if you are up-close. Laser rifles only have their true velocity when fully charged, and the key to hitting the target here is actually seeing the "Lock On". Hitting a target moving forward or backward is easy, hitting a target moving to the left, right, up or down can be a bit more tricky (for the FCS). If you are having trouble locking on quickly enough, a subcomputer may be the solution to all your problems. Give it a try and see if it pans out for you, if you feel that the time it takes to get the "Lock On" is too slow.

I've been finding I do a lot better if I lure the enemy under a bridge or something...easier to hit, and they tend to not control their movement as well. I'd enjoy it if someone could help me become a better pilot/team player...Wing 2 seems a bit empty for that..