Missile Swarm AC (just because I can)

obliviondoll

OK. This is probably (not just probably) a stupid design.

But it works surprisingly well for Order Missions vs. ACs, so I'm curious what others think of it.

Keep in mind, after getting my copy of the game back only a few days ago (loaned to a friend) and having only played offline beforehand, I'm only at a team level of 30 so far, so I don't have everything unlocked yet (including some things I'd like on this build).

So, without further ado... Here's my AC (WTF did I do?)

Firstly, the actual body:

Legs: Heavy RJ. Cantabrica

Core: KE Defense. Ostara

Arms: TE Defense. UAM-23/I

Head: TE Defense. Vassily

Gen: High Output. Robust

Boost: High Accel. UBT-25/H

Recon: Tracking. URD-36/ER

FCS: Wide-Angle. Otkryt

And weapons:

R Arm: Podenka BR (WILL replace with Lotus when I can)

L Arm: Milford Sentry Turret (I never paid attention before. Is there a better missile turret later? If so, I'll replace this with that one)

R Bay: N/A

L Bay: Geneva Gat (WILL replace if I find one that looks cooler)

Shoulder: Mathura CE SRM

A major focus on this design has been that I want to look at it and think it looks cool. I have a couple of heads with better performance stats, but to me, they don't fit the design. Also, the arm choice is almost entirely due to those arms being literally the only dual-shoulder arms available outside of Junk parts right now - and with the combination of Mathura missiles and Otkryt FCS, that gives me 12 missiles at a time from my AC, as well as 4 each from up to 2 Milford missile turrets.

Up to 20 missiles in the air at once, coming from 3 directions?

I'll take it!

Feel free to tell me EXACTLY how screwed I am online (not that I don't already know). I just thought I'd share the hysterical glee for people who want to see lots of smoke trails and explosions chasing an enemy.

It's surprisingly fun to watch the stream of missiles exploding in an enemy AC's path as they skillfully evade. Even if that is followed up by me being obliterated because almost every one of them missed. At least I have a BR/Gat to chip away a little health before going down.

There's a missile turret called Phoenix that is "better," just weighs and drains more as usual. Also there is the Yasakani FCS that lets you lock on 6 max, might want to check that out (although I think it only lets you place 1 sentry gun).

sadly everyone in NA servers seems to run a LW that can dodge them easily so missiles aren't that cool in this game. But like you said, it looks awesome when you launch a whole stream of them.

Edited by jvpoyo

I'm on EU server.

Anyone vaguely competent can ether avoid or pull out CIWS, but that's not the point. I managed to make a guy load CIWS even though he had no trouble dodging, simply because he wanted to "show me" how bad missiles are online. I don't think he realised I was using it as a troll build and him changing to CIWS meant it was working.

Also funny when I spammed most of my sentry ammo because they kept exploding and the guy tried teasing me as if he though I was spamming them because I wanted more and didn't know how FCS work.

I've already got 6-lock with Otkryt, and it's GLORIOUS (because dual shoulders = 12 missiles). Chews through ammo REALLY fast though.

EDIT: Also, won 2 duels with it today. Probably because the other guy was laughing too hard to keep moving.

Edited by obliviondoll