The Firearm Thread

Butts

busse makes some wicked shit

i have a few fixed striders laying around, but ive never gotten around to getting me a busse

though the thing with busse's are that i never really liked the paint coating they put on it. my friend's is all scratched up and the knife looks like shit lol (it still works tho)

Edited by noob

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

busse makes some wicked shit

i have a few fixed striders laying around, but ive never gotten around to getting me a busse

though the thing with busse's are that i never really liked the paint coating they put on it. my friend's is all scratched up and the knife looks like shit lol (it still works tho)

Well it's because "technically" INFI is a tool steel, those coatings are designed to soak up an oil (like gun oil) to help protect the blade from rust, INFI is just near impossible to get to rust. I don't mind it too much tbh, if it starts wearing off it just shows that I've used the knife, hopefully I can still get Horton to put the Club Platinum edge on this bad boy.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/Enganacious/user180908_pic5008_1248392736.jpg

That's a Horton Trench Knife with that same Club Platinum edge I'm talking about, it's a really beautiful edge that really does the job; a big heavy Busse knife is also the perfect candidate for a convex edge like that because it's intended for heavy use, like a Busse, and it's easy to sharpen with a strop set.

~

Also as far as firearms go, I'm eventually going to shit-can my current AK.

List of to buy guns.

Arsenal SLR-107FR and SLR-105 (gonna put a modified Romy wire stock on the 105) both are going to be tricked out by Jim Fuller, Nickle Boron and all.

PSL (Dragunov) same deal, tricked out by Jim Fuller.

Bushmaster ACR (I really like the design, it's expensive, but soon it'll be multi-caliber without changing serial numbered parts)

Glock models 17-19-20-21 (that's full sized and compact 9mm, full sized 45 and 10mm)

Siaga-12 reworked by Jim Fuller

Then maybe a real long-range precision rifle (haven't decided on this yet).

Edited by Enganacious

EDIT: I actually talked to him today, I'll PM you his number if you want to give him a ring on buying a knife.

I'm seeing if I can't pick up an EDC Blood with micarta handles (and hopefully in S7 steel), he no longer does edge work so my Busse will stick as it is.

Here's what one of those looks like with the Platinum Edge.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/jhorton3000/hortonknives3015.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/jhorton3000/SU1HMDAwODUuanBn.jpg

Edited by Enganacious

Basically it's why I don't like knuckled handles, aka trench knives, if you need it to take a serious swing at something your going to bust your fingers up.

Also, no reverse grips, or choking up on the blade; bad idea for a good knife.

The pic of that knife is really just a good example of Jeremy Horton's edge work, which is beautiful.

Edited by Enganacious

~

Figure I'd take some better pics of my AK before I drive across the country with it.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/Enganacious/676A0031.jpg

Here's the bag it comes in.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/Enganacious/676A0032.jpg

Here's how it's stored, two 30-round mags taped together loaded with cheapo Wolf ammo (until I stock up on some Cor Bon DPX)

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/Enganacious/676A0033.jpg

It's got the sling attached, here's another pic showing the stock unfolded and the mag out.

Reminds me of the movie Desperado with the guns in guitar cases. You can travel the world dressed as a tennis pro carrying what others think is your trusty tennis racket, but when trouble arrives you can whip out your AK. Deception is a great weapon in itself, anyone who would think of threatening the life of a seemingly innocent traveling tennis pro deserves to be dealt with accordingly. Of course only reveal your true identity when absolutely necessary. A quote comes to mind....

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Except replace fool with tennis pro.

BTW excellent AK.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I'm selling my AK, hopefully.

When I get started working for Boeing, I have a list of firearms and /k/ommando type purchases to make. So it'll be pretty dangerific.

~

Also, +1 on Mare's legs, Winchester has a new .357 Magnum lever gun out but it's mad expensive.

.357 would be the best choice, lots of ammo for the weight, lots of power, you can shoot 38 Special for practice/plinking.

But a real man is going to want a .44 Magnum lever gun. or if anyone had the balls to make it, a .500 S&W Magnum levergun.

What you want to look for is the following.

#1. Big sturdy loops, small loops are no easier to operate in all honesty, you really want a big one incase you need it and your wearing gloves or something, and you want it sturdy so it's not likely to get bent out of shape if you bump into something or whatever. Then wrap the loop with 550 cord or whatever to make it alittle easier on the fingers/hands when your banging rounds out.

#2. Common, capable caliber; 45 ACP would work too, just keep some hardcast rounds about for killing bears or whatever. But a common revolver magnum caliber would be best, 10mm Auto could work, etc.. there's one that comes in .40 S&W which is pretty beast.

#3. Good sights, fuck the old school ladder sights which will break like a paperclip, find a lever gun that has a dovetail rail or something, then buy an Aimpoint Micro and go bananas. Or just some good fiber optic/tritium sights, the kind they label for "dangerous game hunting".

Lever guns are great, you don't have to worry about mags, they're durable, accurate, and usually pretty heavy hitters.

What would be gangster, is if you could have a Mare's leg with a collapsing skeleton stock hidden in the sawed off stump, that would let you use it like a proper rifle, just with a short barrel; but that would be an NFA stamp item *sad face* oh well.

My Gun Wish List:

*Arsenal SGL-21 (7.62x39mm)

*Arsenal SGL-31 (5.45x39mm)

*Arsenal Siaga-12 (12 gauge)

*Henderson Defense PSL (7.62x54mm)

*I'd have all of those tricked by Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics like my last AK, just even more over the top

Glock 19 (9mm)

Glock 34 (9mm)

Only things I'd change on the Glocks are; trigger spring, slide catch/release, mag release, sights, and grip reduction.

There are other guns, but those are the ones I really want, plan to buy, trick out, etc..

Edited by DangerWorldWide

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://i.imgur.com/eeGaj.jpg

Minus Aimpoint+Ultimak = ~$500, the stock is like $60 and is totally worth it, there's this huge concern the front grip makes it "hard" (implying impossible or as to be so difficult to cause a problem), it's not that big of a deal, and if you can't figure out how to load the AMD off a high angle, well, there's DIY mods you can do to move the grip around or take it off.

But AMD's are some of the lightest AK's you can buy, which IS a selling point. They are in generally pretty good shape, obviously best way to get one is go to gun shows and find one, handle it, look if it has any glaring issues, and haggle the dude down and pick it up. Don't buy US made magazines, Bulgarian Circle 10, Commie Steel, Chinese STYLE Drums (doesn't have to be from China), and 20-round Hungarians are the mags to buy; get those at Gun Shows too if you can, best place to get them.

If the mags are causing problems, buy a steel bristle brush, take them apart, scrub, maybe use some paint thinner or some cleaner/solvent to get all the gook and shit off that might be making it run funny, and spray paint it with Krylon (same goes for the gun, don't paint any parts that involve the bullet or you fuck the gun up, and spray paint runs, so paint lightly, use masking tape to cover up that which you do not wish to get paint on) and you'll be golden.

Buy some real 30 caliber rifle cleaning stuff, brush, boresnake, kroil, and then some white lithium grease (apply with this method, Jim Fuller is the man) and you'll be set for everything else; bullets and stuff to shoot at and places to do it at, you might want to read up on zeroing your rifle and how to shoot properly and stuff too.

EDIT: Video of the AMD-65

Edited by DangerWorldWide