The Firearm Thread

Butts

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nimga.com/m/UnPBs.png

Well anyhow, Tactical Response has come out with their Gen 2 AK RIS. Which actually looks pretty good, it was already lighter than any AK for-end except maybe the AMD-65's. But now it doesn't have the bulky side rails, although you can add them high or low mounted as modular components.

Check it out.

Also, if you look at the pics, the rails you mount onto the side, of the gas tube, have spacers which cut down on heat transfer. As someone who's burned his finger a good bit on an Ultimak, I can tell you I like that thinking.

It replaces the AK gas tube entirely, as well as the lower hand-guard.

There is no gaskets on an AK's gas system. It's not sealed anywhere except where the gas piston/op rod fits into the gas port. AK's gun on generous gas and don't need a sealed system to operate right, one of many reasons for their legendary reliability.

my shooting buddy once owned an aug a1

the biggest beef i had with it was that i couldnt shoot left and right

we taped a piece of cardboard on top of the ejection port tho so the shells would deflect downward and it was still somewhat usable (but then you had to wear long sleeves)

also the aug a1 had no stock irons but that has nothing to do with bullpups sucking

i didnt mind doing mag changes if i held the gun in the right hand the whole time but it sucked in every other position

Ever worn kit? Doing bullpup mag changes in kit becomes a real pain in the ass.

Also, if they put purpose built brass deflectors (like the AR15 has) to eject brass away from the shooter, it would probably alleviate that problem.

Or just do forward ejection like the F2000, but I have questions about how that could effect performance, because if something jams up the tube for the brass to scoot forward in, it will jam the gun. it also makes it nearly impossible to clear a stovepipe as you have to disassemble the gun.

Bottom ejection is not really an option for rifle calibers, unless you went with alike a 45 degree P90 mag setup. But then for urban shit, you'd have to worry about slipping around on your own brass. Already a slight concern, but just something to think about. M4/AK ejection patterns tend to move brass to the floor boards, and you don't ride walls as bullets ride them too.

Steve is the dude from Huntertown Arms who makes cheap suppressors that have two-part construction with the serial number on the mount (basically) and the baffles on the other, meaning you can replace broken baffles without refiling your form 1 for an additional $200 (plus the cost of the suppressor) and waiting 6 months for the ATF.

AKA a good guy.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah it's amazing how the spectrum goes from "dude, are you an anti-semite" to "what the fuck over" when people realize that Jewish individuals own like 75% of the media and financial groups while representing less than 10% of the United States' population.